Detroit Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

2.4

Administrative Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Detroit Medical Center (Detroit, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Meeting with the Hiring Manager for brief idea and then meeting with 2 other people for a detailed interview and learning more about the place and also getting to know me. It was an average interview where you can feel welcomed and being professional at the same time. They were so friendly and able to make you very comfortable and gives you the opportunity to express yourself.

Interview Questions

• Discussing skills, why want to work at DMC, How did you hear about the position, Describe yourself,.....   1 Answer

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Interview

HR department was very helpful during orientation process. They provided me with a peace a of mind to help represent myself best.Well experience to start work at such a wonderful place.

Manager Interview

Interview

Recommended for this position through an internal hire. Interview was pretty easy and they were eager to hire right away. Unfortunately, there had been constant turnover in this position, so there were initial concerns with hiring. All of my questions were answered.

DETROIT MEDICAL CENTER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Detroit Medical Center (Detroit, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview was great. Asked reasonable question. The atmosphere was calm and cool. Interviewed with my Supply Chain manager and the VP of materials Management. This was my second job interview with the both of them so I knew what to expect.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was my future goals because at the time I wasn't sure.   Answer Question

Laboratory Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Detroit Medical Center (Detroit, MI) in July 2011.

Interview

Once notified, the interview was sheduled seven days later. I applied for the position of Lab Assistant, the requirements posted for this were consistant with that of someone who would be responsible for processing lab specimen but at the interview they were clear that they only wanted someone to as a clerk to file paper work.

Interview Questions

• What one event was responsible for changing my life? How did it affect me?   1 Answer

Not the kind of work I was interested in.

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Detroit Medical Center (Detroit, MI) in March 2011.

Interview

Very easy : they need you so if your not completely incompetent then you have the job. One on one interviews and just want to make sure you can preform the very minimums. One time interviews not staged no approval need department manager makes the decision

Interview Questions

• Basic senario questions to make sure you at least possess basic skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations : they set the pay

Facilities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Detroit Medical Center (Detroit, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

Several question on experience. Behavioral questions on values, ethics and goals. The manager gave me the job on the spot. The new employee orientation process took one day. HR dept. was great and walked us through all the benefits choices.

Interview Questions

• How would you add value to dept.   1 Answer

Processing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Detroit Medical Center (Detroit, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

terrible and unorganized. it remains obvious that the management staff couldn't answer what was their training process and how long does it take an average employee to advance within the company it was immediately understood how unprofessional this staff was.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Employment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Detroit Medical Center (Detroit, MI) in May 2010.

Interview

There was no phone screen. There was only an initial call to schedule the interview. To my surprise, I was met with a panel interview of three interviewers. There was no continuity to the interview. I was under the impression the interviewers did not meet before hand to discuss how to divide the questions. I was told there was a two-step process. I was called back for part two. Part two was actually split into two parts! The first part consisted of meeting wtih five hospital staff. The second part, which required another visit, consisted of meeting with five more hospital staff. From a candidate perspective, meeting 13 people for a non-management position seemed like overkill. My friend interviewed two months later and the recruiting process was completely revamped. She met with less than half of the interviewers. Ultimately, she was extended an offer. Initially, I was disappointed because DMC was one of my targeted companies. Now that the process has been revamped, it's possible I may be interested again.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in working with various levels of the organization.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about one of your most challenging positions to fill. How did you address the challenges and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Director Revenue Cyle Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Detroit Medical Center (Detroit, MI) in February 2010.

Interview

Hiring and interview process took a total of 4 months from initial submission of cv to job offer. 3 separate phone interviews ranging from HR Generalist, to Peers within DMC, Physician leadership team. 43 on-site interviews. First was with who would be my management team. Second round was interview with Operations/IT Manager and Director of Coding. Third round was with my eventual boss and fourth was with the CEO of the Medical Group total hours spent in entire process roughly 11-15 hours..

Interview Questions

• What challenges I would face transitioning back to a Director Revenue Cycle role with 6 direct reports, operational staff of 18 and the question if I could reintegrate into this role after serving as an Operational Manager without any direct reports for the previous four years. This line of questioning was unexpected because I had over 15 years of Director Revenue Cycle experienced. Probably the most difficult questions occurred during my interview with the Operations/IT Manager and Coding Director. The line of questioning presented by these individuals contained a high level of easily observable sarcastic replies, and inside jokes. Additionally, there were no questions at all relating to how I would contribute to the role, nor any inquiry of my skills and experiences.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Once I survived the final phase of the process, the negotiation phase was very succinct and straightforward. The terms of the compensation were competitive, I had a high-level of interest in the role and the opportunity to succeed in solving the challenges facing the group.