Detroit Medical Center

Relevance Date Difficulty

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Respiratory Therapist

Interviewed at Detroit Medical Center

Interview Details – HR department was very helpful during orientation process. They provided me with a peace a of mind to help represent myself best.Well experience to start work at such a wonderful place.

Interview Question – Do you have work visa/green card to work here?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Detroit Medical Center

Interview Details – Recommended for this position through an internal hire. Interview was pretty easy and they were eager to hire right away. Unfortunately, there had been constant turnover in this position, so there were initial concerns with hiring. All of my questions were answered.

Director Revenue Cyle Interview

Director Revenue Cyle
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Detroit Medical Center in February 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process took a total of 4 months from initial submission of cv to job offer. 3 separate phone interviews ranging from HR Generalist, to Peers within DMC, Physician leadership team.
43 on-site interviews. First was with who would be my management team. Second round was interview with Operations/IT Manager and Director of Coding. Third round was with my eventual boss and fourth was with the CEO of the Medical Group

total hours spent in entire process roughly 11-15 hours..

Interview Question – What challenges I would face transitioning back to a Director Revenue Cycle role with 6 direct reports, operational staff of 18 and the question if I could reintegrate into this role after serving as an Operational Manager without any direct reports for the previous four years. This line of questioning was unexpected because I had over 15 years of Director Revenue Cycle experienced.

Probably the most difficult questions occurred during my interview with the Operations/IT Manager and Coding Director. The line of questioning presented by these individuals contained a high level of easily observable sarcastic replies, and inside jokes. Additionally, there were no questions at all relating to how I would contribute to the role, nor any inquiry of my skills and experiences.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Once I survived the final phase of the process, the negotiation phase was very succinct and straightforward. The terms of the compensation were competitive, I had a high-level of interest in the role and the opportunity to succeed in solving the challenges facing the group.

Laboratory Assistant Interview

Laboratory Assistant
Detroit, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Detroit Medical Center in July 2011.

Interview Details – Once notified, the interview was sheduled seven days later. I applied for the position of Lab Assistant, the requirements posted for this were consistant with that of someone who would be responsible for processing lab specimen but at the interview they were clear that they only wanted someone to as a clerk to file paper work.

Interview Question – What one event was responsible for changing my life? How did it affect me?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Not the kind of work I was interested in.

Employment Specialist Interview

Employment Specialist
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Detroit Medical Center in May 2010.

Interview Details – There was no phone screen. There was only an initial call to schedule the interview. To my surprise, I was met with a panel interview of three interviewers. There was no continuity to the interview. I was under the impression the interviewers did not meet before hand to discuss how to divide the questions. I was told there was a two-step process. I was called back for part two. Part two was actually split into two parts! The first part consisted of meeting wtih five hospital staff. The second part, which required another visit, consisted of meeting with five more hospital staff. From a candidate perspective, meeting 13 people for a non-management position seemed like overkill. My friend interviewed two months later and the recruiting process was completely revamped. She met with less than half of the interviewers. Ultimately, she was extended an offer. Initially, I was disappointed because DMC was one of my targeted companies. Now that the process has been revamped, it's possible I may be interested again.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in working with various levels of the organization.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about one of your most challenging positions to fill. How did you address the challenges and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Detroit Medical Center in June 2008.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email with instruction to contact HR for a phone interview. The phone interviewer asked general questions I imagine to prescreen canidates that were mostly taken from my resume. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was then contacted via email for the second interview. The second was face to face and lasted 2 hours. Planning consisted of a review of the company, gathering references, list of accomplishments, copies of resume.

Interview Question – Would you be able to revamp the entire fixed asset tracking system?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer too low in relation to my experience and backround and the demands of the position.

Worked for Detroit Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!