Deutsch Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2015

2.1

Account Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsch (New York, NY).

Interview

Seems like an exciting company but overall, I had a very unprofessional interview process. Interviewed over skype and was rescheduled on twice. The third time the recruiter was 30 minutes late. I met with two different people, each who asked a couple generic questions like "Tell me about yourself", "Why this role" then opened to questions. Recruiter never returned at the end of the second interview to explain the next steps like she said she was going to. I sent her an email trying to follow up and she never responded. It has been over three weeks and I have not heard anything. A waste of my time and theirs.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsch in April 2015.

Interview

After spamming Deutsch will e-mails I scored a few phone interview with both recruiters an creatives. I was able to ask them why they were excited to wake up and head to Deutsch everyday and this helped me get a good idea of what it would be like to work there. Both locations seem to have wonderful people and they were very timely in responding to my emails.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working specifically in digital?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deutsch.

Interview

Met with several team members in office, all in one day. Everyone was really nice. No trick questions. I would recommend brushing up on your accomplishments, dealing with difficult client situations, and crisis management type scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my background. Nothing too tricky.   Answer Question

Digital Producer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deutsch.

Interview

Supervisor contacted me directly. Ran late to the initial meeting and had forgotten my name. Didn't seem as interested in my experience as my availability. Didn't look at my resume. Basically hired me on the spot.

Negotiation

Difficult, over the course of several days. Very inflexible.

Interview

Met with numerousj people in department and HR

Other oppty

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deutsch.

Interview

Freelanced first, then offered a job. No real interview, just based on experience of working with me. I counter offered the salary and it was accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered a salary and I counter-offered. The next day my counter was accepted.

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deutsch.

Interview

Dana, their awesome creative recruiter, reached out to me and brought me in to meet with a team. Everyone was warm and friendly, had already reviewed my book and didn't ask cheesy questions like, "why Deutsch?" I met with 5 people on the team, going back and forth to Dana's office in between, who seemed just as interested in me getting the position as I was. A very positive and laid back experience.

Interview Questions

• Everything is pretty straight forward: "What are your goals in this business?" and "How do you operate under stress?".   Answer Question

Acme Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deutsch (Oceanside, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

1 interview

Interview Questions

• What manual Mach. Exp. do you have?   1 Answer

Studio Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deutsch (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a 1/2 hour interview. I had been recommended. My portfolio was looked at.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very quick. Mutual.

Search Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsch (Marina del Rey, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

it was a very simple & straight forward interview. I met with the manager i will be working under & the manager he reported to.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself 5 years from now   1 Answer

Negotiation

they just asked what my current salary was, and they offer a 5% increase. I took that offer.