Deutsche Bank Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Deutsche Bank (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Met with the hiring manager at their branch in SF as well as a few other people on their team, it was a little bit unstructured but also casual than other banks and they were very nice.

Interview Questions

• What was a class you took in college that stuck out to you the most?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Laid back interview. Nothing out of the ordinary just behavioral questions. I interviewed with three VP's and they were all very friendly, answered all my questions, and spoke very highly of the company, which I could tell since all three have been there for years. Only thing is you must take an excel quiz and answer finance questions before/after the interview.

Analyst Interview

Interview

telephone then face to face in 5 rounds

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

hr, then hiring manager then managing director

Interview Questions

Negotiation

went through a recruiter

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

I applied through college on-campus recruiting through a resume drop. I was then contacted a week later for a 1st round interview. The interviewer was very friendly and most of the questions were "fit" questions. I was asked about my previous summer experiences, favorite class, and why I was interested in the position/firm.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe 3 different valuation methodologies and a pro and con of each.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

1st round: Phone screening with associates.
    2nd round: In office interviews with directors and VP's.
    Mostly fit interviews with a few technical questions. The majority of questions asked were about walking the interviewer through resume, why I would like to work for DB and whether or not I had an offer at my last firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Two stage interview process in late 2013 at DB's Jacksonville office. The whole thing was very straight forward and I wasn't asked any real hard ball questions. I likely got the job because of my knowledge of some of the company's goal setting initiatives and that I graduated from a good school - honestly I think it was sort of a superficial hire, since I had no real finance experience.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions to be honest. I was asked how I worked through a difficult situation in a previous work environment / internship, but that's sort of standard and I already had an answer prepared. Nothing relating to finance or any core math skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

First interview with HR. Then interview with the head of the team (interview length 20 minutes) Later visited onsite for a skype interview with the teams at different locations (30 minutes).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation possible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Cary, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

First round was completely about my projects, what technologies I used in them.
    Second round was entirely behavioural: team working experience, how I handled a situation where I didnt get along with a senior official, how I handled a disagreement in the team.
    Narrate a very stressful experience and explain how I handled it. Third and fourth round were technical. Had to answer a couple of puzzles and some basic database questions.

Interview Questions

• how I handled a situation where I didnt get along with a senior person in my team. Tricky question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Interviewer did not like me.