Deutsche Bank

Getting the Interview

26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2014.

Interview Details – hr, then hiring manager then managing director

Interview Question – why DB?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – went through a recruiter

Interviewed at Deutsche Bank

Interview Details – telephone then face to face in 5 rounds

Interview Question – tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details – I applied through college on-campus recruiting through a resume drop. I was then contacted a week later for a 1st round interview. The interviewer was very friendly and most of the questions were "fit" questions. I was asked about my previous summer experiences, favorite class, and why I was interested in the position/firm.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe 3 different valuation methodologies and a pro and con of each.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deutsche Bank

Interview Details – 1st round: Phone screening with associates.
2nd round: In office interviews with directors and VP's.
Mostly fit interviews with a few technical questions. The majority of questions asked were about walking the interviewer through resume, why I would like to work for DB and whether or not I had an offer at my last firm.

Interview Question – Walk me through a deal you worked on.   Answer Question

Cary, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2012.

Interview Details – First round was completely about my projects, what technologies I used in them.
Second round was entirely behavioural: team working experience, how I handled a situation where I didnt get along with a senior official, how I handled a disagreement in the team.
Narrate a very stressful experience and explain how I handled it. Third and fourth round were technical. Had to answer a couple of puzzles and some basic database questions.

Interview Question – how I handled a situation where I didnt get along with a senior person in my team. Tricky question.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewer did not like me.

Interview Questions

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in August 2010.

Interview Details – First round is very basic conversation with the HR. It went pretty well, and I didn't even feel she's screening off candidates. Second round is phone interview again with the manager of the department. He has heavy Indian accent and the conversation didn't flow very smooth. Didn't get called for an on-site.

Interview Question – How did you handle conflicts?   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2011.

Interview Details – The initial contact with Deutsche Bank was in response a job announcement through on campus recruitment. The HR office conducted a pseudo phone interview asking for salary expectations up front. The 1:1 interview was fairly informal with basic behavioral interview questions being asked. Personal contacts working within DB are happily employed however the compensation is low compared to other similar positions at competing firms.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2010.

Interview Details – The overall interview went on quite well, all the people were so nice and helpful. They also made very quick decision. Great experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – the offer is good, no need to negotiate

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in September 2009.

Interview Details – They did a 2 on one interview and were extremely rude. I have heard they are a bit sexist toward women, and I definitely experienced that. They basically just short of asked if I could handle the job because I was a girl. One guy was on his blackberry the entire time.

Interview Question – What is the square root of 6000   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deutsche Bank

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deutsche Bank Analyst interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deutsche Bank employees and interview candidates.