Deutsche Bank Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Hiring process took a bit of time (about a month and a half) but otherwise it was pretty smooth in general. HR was helpful and the hiring manager was laid back and friendly. Overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Entry level position. So no negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Met with the hiring manager at their branch in SF as well as a few other people on their team, it was a little bit unstructured but also casual than other banks and they were very nice.

Interview Questions

• What was a class you took in college that stuck out to you the most?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Laid back interview. Nothing out of the ordinary just behavioral questions. I interviewed with three VP's and they were all very friendly, answered all my questions, and spoke very highly of the company, which I could tell since all three have been there for years. Only thing is you must take an excel quiz and answer finance questions before/after the interview.

Analyst Interview

Interview

telephone then face to face in 5 rounds

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

hr, then hiring manager then managing director

Interview Questions

Negotiation

went through a recruiter

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

I applied through college on-campus recruiting through a resume drop. I was then contacted a week later for a 1st round interview. The interviewer was very friendly and most of the questions were "fit" questions. I was asked about my previous summer experiences, favorite class, and why I was interested in the position/firm.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe 3 different valuation methodologies and a pro and con of each.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

1st round: Phone screening with associates. 2nd round: In office interviews with directors and VP's. Mostly fit interviews with a few technical questions. The majority of questions asked were about walking the interviewer through resume, why I would like to work for DB and whether or not I had an offer at my last firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Two stage interview process in late 2013 at DB's Jacksonville office. The whole thing was very straight forward and I wasn't asked any real hard ball questions. I likely got the job because of my knowledge of some of the company's goal setting initiatives and that I graduated from a good school - honestly I think it was sort of a superficial hire, since I had no real finance experience.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions to be honest. I was asked how I worked through a difficult situation in a previous work environment / internship, but that's sort of standard and I already had an answer prepared. Nothing relating to finance or any core math skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

First interview with HR. Then interview with the head of the team (interview length 20 minutes) Later visited onsite for a skype interview with the teams at different locations (30 minutes).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation possible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

A full morning with every member of the team. Lots of fit questions and a few basic financial questions. Walk me through a DCF etc. Why do you want to move to florida. Walk me through your resume. Nothing super challenging as they need people to move to the florida office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate