Deutsche Bank Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2014

3.1

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Laid back interview. Nothing out of the ordinary just behavioral questions. I interviewed with three VP's and they were all very friendly, answered all my questions, and spoke very highly of the company, which I could tell since all three have been there for years. Only thing is you must take an excel quiz and answer finance questions before/after the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in September 2013.

Two stage interview process in late 2013 at DB's Jacksonville office. The whole thing was very straight forward and I wasn't asked any real hard ball questions. I likely got the job because of my knowledge of some of the company's goal setting initiatives and that I graduated from a good school - honestly I think it was sort of a superficial hire, since I had no real finance experience.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions to be honest. I was asked how I worked through a difficult situation in a previous work environment / internship, but that's sort of standard and I already had an answer prepared. Nothing relating to finance or any core math skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2014.

hr, then hiring manager then managing director

went through a recruiter

telephone then face to face in 5 rounds

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

I applied through college on-campus recruiting through a resume drop. I was then contacted a week later for a 1st round interview. The interviewer was very friendly and most of the questions were "fit" questions. I was asked about my previous summer experiences, favorite class, and why I was interested in the position/firm.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe 3 different valuation methodologies and a pro and con of each.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

1st round: Phone screening with associates.
    2nd round: In office interviews with directors and VP's.
    Mostly fit interviews with a few technical questions. The majority of questions asked were about walking the interviewer through resume, why I would like to work for DB and whether or not I had an offer at my last firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2012.

First round was completely about my projects, what technologies I used in them.
    Second round was entirely behavioural: team working experience, how I handled a situation where I didnt get along with a senior official, how I handled a disagreement in the team.
    Narrate a very stressful experience and explain how I handled it. Third and fourth round were technical. Had to answer a couple of puzzles and some basic database questions.

Interview Questions
    • how I handled a situation where I didnt get along with a senior person in my team. Tricky question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2012.

Interviewer did not like me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in August 2010.

First round is very basic conversation with the HR. It went pretty well, and I didn't even feel she's screening off candidates. Second round is phone interview again with the manager of the department. He has heavy Indian accent and the conversation didn't flow very smooth. Didn't get called for an on-site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2011.

The initial contact with Deutsche Bank was in response a job announcement through on campus recruitment. The HR office conducted a pseudo phone interview asking for salary expectations up front. The 1:1 interview was fairly informal with basic behavioral interview questions being asked. Personal contacts working within DB are happily employed however the compensation is low compared to other similar positions at competing firms.

Interview Questions

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!