Deutsche Bank Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.6

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2013.

After submitting a resume and cover letter, I was contacted by HR to schedule an initial phone interview. The phone interview was with the prospective supervisor, was in-depth and lasted about one hour. A couple of days after the phone interview, I was contacted for an in office interview. This interview was conducted by two staff members whom I would be working with. It was an in depth and pleasant interview. This interview lasted no more than one hour. A follow up phone interview with London office staff was then scheduled about one week later. This interview was more challenging, but informative.

A few days later I was contacted by HR to be notified that they were interested in hiring me, but as it was the end of the year they needed to finalize budget details before making a formal offer. At that time HR indicated that employment would commence in January of 2014 and asked if I would be ok with the wait and I stated that I would be ok with it. HR also stated during this conversation that would provide plenty of time to gather required pay stub information, as well as allow for time to go through the background check and ID process. In the meantime, I provided the requested salary information and discontinued my job search. When January came, I contacted HR to find out when they expected to formalize their offer and was told the situation was still 'status quo'. I continued to be in touch twice a week for the duration of the month and was given the same status each time. At no time did they mention the position was no longer available, or that they were no longer interested in hiring me. In fact, I was told that I was a great candidate and they would love to hire me but understood if I couldn't wait for their formal offer as they couldn't provide a time frame when it would be forthcoming. I discontinued contacting them when February came and they no also made no attempt to contact me further. To this day, I have no idea what happened.

Word of advice to candidates: if made an offer over the phone, insist on getting that re-iterated in writing via email. Also, do not discontinue your job search until you are in the door, even after being made an verbal offer, as it may not come through.

Interview Questions
  • Be prepared to defend your experience, and have detail knowledge of past projects you have worked on.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Only went for first interview

Interview Questions
    • Fit based, discussed mostly background and recent news including my opinion on various ongoing political topics. Also discussed my interest in Deutsche Bank and the position/ fit of skills.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Recently graduated from university and was approached by a recruiter who outlined to role etc and asked if I would like to apply. After applying I was invited for an interview with the hiring manager. The interview was with 2 hiring managers and laster just under an hour. They initially went through my CV etc then asked some more competency based questions. The interview was intense with the interviewers constantly pressing for more to see how I would cope with the pressure I presume.

Interview Questions
    • When have you argued with someone at work and how did it get resolved?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Long, drawn out and hastily organised. It was very casual and seemed more of a chat over coffee than an interview. I was interviewed multiple times over a six month period by various people in multiple languages and it all seemed very unimportant to fill the position until it was offered in which they wanted me to start the following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • Can I bake and if so, what would I bring to the office?   View Answer
    Very little room to negotiate on salary.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

The whole process is pretty fast. Apply online then there will be online test about math reading. Then phone interview from that department. HR will call you after a week I guess. Then one to two interview about an hour or half an hour. There will be a VP and a associate. Next round will be two 1-to-2 session. And there will be directors. Final round will be a group interview. Last time we are playing with toys in two groups, then a present afterwards. The result will be out in a week time.

Interview Questions
    • Normally they just follow your CV and ask questions about that.   Answer Question
    No really have one. They just ask their employee to call me and tell me how wonderful the company is.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2013.

Initial interview was set up after a review of my resume. It was a first round interview conducted by one of their associates. It was supposed to be a competency-based interview. Some tough questions which asks about technical questions, DCF, Markets, interest rate cuts, why did markets fall etc! Which is more expensive - equity or debt?

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2012.

After applying online through my school, they confirmed a time on the phone to come in for two 30 minute interviews (2:1). The interviewers were people from the department and they were very professional and polite. The office was really nice and the people seemed happy to be there. Know your resume, how to describe yourself, and why you are applying to Deutsche Bank

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in May 2010.

It was quite thorough. You get to meet quite a few people from different ranks.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt, Bavaria (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt, Bavaria (Germany)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2010.

Initial phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. Basic questions only, most of them referring to my CV, experience and knowledge. After that there were two 1:1 interviews, each one lasting around 2 hours. The first interview was in an office, and after a very good explanation about the job, the working environment, I was asked several questions regarding the position and how it related to my experience. Second interview was a tour of the very large office, meetings with potential colleagues. Interviewer was very fair, friendly but very professional. No misplaced questions. Everyone was very welcoming and nice.

Interview Questions
    • A company wants to go public and needs our help. What is your first step regarding the company?   View Answer

Received a much better offer. Would have been my first choice otherwise.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2009.

I got an interview at DB because the IT director of the company I was working at sent my resume to the IT Director there . I first interviewed with the Director and he went through my resume from beginning to end. Since I didn't come from an IT back ground, he quizzed me on the risk system that I was using in my current position to gauge how much I knew. DB was using the same risk system that I was currently using so he wanted to see if I was willing to be more of a support person instead of an end user. The questions were not too technical. He was more interested to see if I was willing to learn other commodities and how much of the system I knew.

Next interview was with the project manager. His questions were very general and wanted to know why I wanted to take on more of a support than a front office role. We went through my resume to gauge how much of the system I knew. The interview took 1 hour.

After the interview with the manager, I interviewed with two business analysts at the same time. I knew one of the guy who interviewed me because he used to work at the company I currently worked at. Out of all of the interviews, this one was the most relaxed. We just talked about what my hobbies were and what I liked to do. They were more interested in how I would fit with the team.

After I interviewed with the two business analyst, I interviewed with three more front office people (gas trader, gas scheduler, and mid office manager) and one back office manager (accounting).

One recurring theme that I noticed with all the interviews is that I either worked with everyone who interviewed me directly or indirectly, OR I knew someone that they knew.

Interview Questions
    • one trader asked me how I would schedule gas from a pool to park and loan in openlink. Since I was a scheduler, I was able to answer that question easily. I wasn't expecting him to get technical but I was surprised that he asked   View Answer
    Before they made an offer, I had to give them two years worth of pay stubs. They offered me 20% more than what I was making at my currently job and the work hours were much better so I didn't negotiate as much.