Deutsche Bank

3.6

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2013.

After submitting a resume and cover letter, I was contacted by HR to schedule an initial phone interview. The phone interview was with the prospective supervisor, was in-depth and lasted about one hour. A couple of days after the phone interview, I was contacted for an in office interview. This interview was conducted by two staff members whom I would be working with. It was an in depth and pleasant interview. This interview lasted no more than one hour. A follow up phone interview with London office staff was then scheduled about one week later. This interview was more challenging, but informative.

A few days later I was contacted by HR to be notified that they were interested in hiring me, but as it was the end of the year they needed to finalize budget details before making a formal offer. At that time HR indicated that employment would commence in January of 2014 and asked if I would be ok with the wait and I stated that I would be ok with it. HR also stated during this conversation that would provide plenty of time to gather required pay stub information, as well as allow for time to go through the background check and ID process. In the meantime, I provided the requested salary information and discontinued my job search. When January came, I contacted HR to find out when they expected to formalize their offer and was told the situation was still 'status quo'. I continued to be in touch twice a week for the duration of the month and was given the same status each time. At no time did they mention the position was no longer available, or that they were no longer interested in hiring me. In fact, I was told that I was a great candidate and they would love to hire me but understood if I couldn't wait for their formal offer as they couldn't provide a time frame when it would be forthcoming. I discontinued contacting them when February came and they no also made no attempt to contact me further. To this day, I have no idea what happened.

Word of advice to candidates: if made an offer over the phone, insist on getting that re-iterated in writing via email. Also, do not discontinue your job search until you are in the door, even after being made an verbal offer, as it may not come through.

Interview Questions
  • Be prepared to defend your experience, and have detail knowledge of past projects you have worked on.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Only went for first interview

Interview Questions
    • Fit based, discussed mostly background and recent news including my opinion on various ongoing political topics. Also discussed my interest in Deutsche Bank and the position/ fit of skills.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

TTH scheme, the overall organisation of the interviews was very good, reasonable competency based questions and a very kind interviewer which made the process better. Also employees are very welcoming and help relax the nerves once the process gets started.

Business Analyst Interview

Recently graduated from university and was approached by a recruiter who outlined to role etc and asked if I would like to apply. After applying I was invited for an interview with the hiring manager. The interview was with 2 hiring managers and laster just under an hour. They initially went through my CV etc then asked some more competency based questions. The interview was intense with the interviewers constantly pressing for more to see how I would cope with the pressure I presume.

Interview Questions
    • When have you argued with someone at work and how did it get resolved?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Langgezogen und hastig organisiert. Es war sehr locker und kam eher wie eine Unterhaltung bei einem Kaffee als wie ein Vorstellungsgespräch vor. Ich hatte mehrere Vorstellungsgespräche über einen Zeitraum von sechs Monaten mit verschiedenen Leuten in mehreren Sprachen, und es schien sehr unwichtig, die Stelle zu besetzen, bis sie angeboten wurde und man wollte, dass ich am nächsten Montag anfange.

Long, drawn out and hastily organised. It was very casual and seemed more of a chat over coffee than an interview. I was interviewed multiple times over a six month period by various people in multiple languages and it all seemed very unimportant to fill the position until it was offered in which they wanted me to start the following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • Kann ich backen und wenn ja, was würde ich ins Büro mitbringen?   Can I bake and if so, what would I bring to the office?   View Answer
    Kaum Verhandlungsspielraum bezüglich des Gehalts.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

The whole process is pretty fast. Apply online then there will be online test about math reading. Then phone interview from that department. HR will call you after a week I guess. Then one to two interview about an hour or half an hour. There will be a VP and a associate. Next round will be two 1-to-2 session. And there will be directors. Final round will be a group interview. Last time we are playing with toys in two groups, then a present afterwards. The result will be out in a week time.

Interview Questions
    • Normally they just follow your CV and ask questions about that.   Answer Question
    No really have one. They just ask their employee to call me and tell me how wonderful the company is.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2013.

Das erste Bewerbungsgespräch wurde vereinbart, nachdem meine schriftliche Bewerbung überprüft worden war. Es war die erste Vorstellungsrunde, die von einem ihrer Mitarbeiter durchgeführt wurde. Das Interview sollte fachspezifisch sein. Einige schwierige fachliche Fragen über Discounted-Cashflow-Verfahren, Märkte, Zinssenkungen, warum fallen Märkte usw. Was ist teurer - Eigenkapital oder Verschuldung?

Initial interview was set up after a review of my resume. It was a first round interview conducted by one of their associates. It was supposed to be a competency-based interview. Some tough questions which asks about technical questions, DCF, Markets, interest rate cuts, why did markets fall etc! Which is more expensive - equity or debt?

Interview Questions
    • Wie würde man es anstellen, einen Autohersteller zu bewerten?   How would you go about valuing a car company?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2012.

After applying online through my school, they confirmed a time on the phone to come in for two 30 minute interviews (2:1). The interviewers were people from the department and they were very professional and polite. The office was really nice and the people seemed happy to be there. Know your resume, how to describe yourself, and why you are applying to Deutsche Bank

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in May 2010.

It was quite thorough. You get to meet quite a few people from different ranks.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt, Bayern (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt, Bayern (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2010.

Erstes Telefoninterview, das etwa 20 Minuten dauerte. Nur grundlegende Fragen, die meisten davon Bezug nehmend auf meinen Lebenslauf, Erfahrung und Wissen. Danach gab es zwei Einzelgespräche, jedes dauerte um die 2 Stunden. Das erste Gespräch fand in einem Büro statt und nach einer sehr guten Erläuterung zum Job, der Arbeitsumgebung, wurden mir einige Fragen bezüglich der Stelle gestellt und wie sie in Verbindung mit meinen Erfahrungen steht. Das zweite Gespräch war ein Gang durch das sehr große Büro, Kennenlernen der potentiellen Kollegen. der Interviewer war sehr fair, freundlich aber sehr professionell. Keine unpassenden Fragen. Alle waren sehr entgegenkommend und nett.

Initial phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. Basic questions only, most of them referring to my CV, experience and knowledge. After that there were two 1:1 interviews, each one lasting around 2 hours. The first interview was in an office, and after a very good explanation about the job, the working environment, I was asked several questions regarding the position and how it related to my experience. Second interview was a tour of the very large office, meetings with potential colleagues. Interviewer was very fair, friendly but very professional. No misplaced questions. Everyone was very welcoming and nice.

Interview Questions
    • Ein Unternehmen möchte an die Börse gehen und benötigt unsere Hilfe. Was ist Ihr erster Schritt in Hinsicht auf das Unternehmen?   A company wants to go public and needs our help. What is your first step regarding the company?   View Answer

Habe ein viel besseres Angebot erhalten. Ansonsten wäre es meine erste Wahl gewesen.