Deutsche Bank CIB Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

3.3

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB (Cary, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

The whole process took about a month, which felt a bit long. There was an HR-type phone screen. A phone screen with the hiring manager, a submitted code sample, and an in-person interview with the team.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to submit a sample of my coding work. I was asked about general OO principles and web architecture. There were no "trick" questions.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB (Cary, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

I have applied through an employee referral. I was called for an in person interview. There were other interviewees called the same day as it was a hiring drive event. First there was a company tour and then an overview about the company benefits etc, then was the interview with a Panel of two. After the interview I was called the same day in the evening about the acceptance.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly related to prior experience and day to day activities and how I tackled them   Answer Question

When I got the call about the acceptance I was told that a specific HR will contact me and help me going forward. I emailed the HR and got a reply that I will be contacted shortly. I wanted to talk about the salary but to no avail the HR never responded to my calls. Then I finally get the offer letter my mail, no negotiation and was expected to sign and send it back. Meanwhile I got an offer from another company and took it.

Associate Interview

Interview

Hiring is pretty easy. Just brush up on basic questions

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions are from HR or managers, not technical   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Submitted my CV through my school's career service and got an on-campus interview. First round was relatively easy; 30min behavioral interview, the typical "walk-me-through-your-resume" questions.

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

I was hired imediately after the interview. I later found out that they had been looking to fill the position for 6 months, but when the job was described in the interview, no one would take it. I was desperate, because I had not found a F/T job (only time-limited contract work/freelance) for over a year. I had just filed for bankruptcy, and was paying $500/mo for COBRA. I was given the choice of 2 starting dates, 2 weeks apart. I had to provide an original college degree, signed by the registrar. The one I scanned didn't show the raised registrar's stamp and was not accepted so I had to show the the original.. I don't think they ran a credit report, just a crirminal background check. After being hired, you go to their NJ office via PATH (which is beautiful, right on the water) to fill out paperwork & do drug test. One of my medications set of the drug alarm but they immediately assumed that was the case; I don't remember if I had to prove it with an MD's note, but I don't think so.

Interview Questions

• I can't think of one. I was told in the interview that the job would be very flexible re: hours. This was DEFINIFTELY not true. I was also told I would go from contractor to employee in 3 months. That also never happened, even though they kept me on as a contractor for a year. Later I found out that many temps had been promised a F/T during their interviews, but it never happened, after being ther 1.5 years.And we're talking people who worked way past the "higher ups" had gone home. I don't know a single person who put in LESS than 60 hrs/wk, at all levels of the org. (without charging O/T, which was frowned upon.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Essentially it was "take it or leave it".

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview had an online numerical test, followed by an on-site numerical test and 4 interviews. Some of them where slightly technical, but most of them were behavioral interviews. The interviewers were very friendly, and the technical ones had some solid backgrounds and knew their stuff. However, the technical questions did not involve algorithm solving, but more data structures, and Java questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a situation when you had to work with a large set of data? How did you go about it, and what did you learn from the numbers?   Answer Question

Structuring Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Recruiter, 4 rounds of interviews, a lot of technical questions, some people were quite aggressive and unpleasant. The entire process took a very long time. I was asked motivational questions - where do you see yourself in 5yrs time - why do you want to change jibs technical questions - construct a portfolio that is long vega and flat gamma - how many basketballs are there in USA - what is price of one touch if you know the price of digital

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB in December 2014.

Interview

Placed through university placement process. First there was a round of resume short listing for the interviews. They looked for finance experience with good CGPA as well as extra curricular. This was followed by 3 round of interviews. 2 of them were technical (finance) based and the 3rd one was HR.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on derivatives, derivative pricing strategies like straddle and strangle, importance of dervatives, current economic news like oil crisis/ quantitative easing followed by few HR questions. Also questions were based on CV specially on my finance internship at Goldman Sachs.   Answer Question

Graduate Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB (Birmingham, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

First round interview and assessment day. Applied online, then received online tests. About a week later got invited to the first round interviews at their Birmingham office. First interview was more competency based with a few brainteasers and technical questions. About a week later got invited to the final round which consisted of 2 panel interviews. Both were a mix of technical questions but they also tried to determine whether candidate is a good fit to the culture. Overall, experience was great, would definitely recommend to apply even though its not in London - a lot exposure from early on.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB in October 2014.

Interview

15 day process, from campus- CV shortlisting, Aptitude test- completely quantiative, one workshop, multiple telephonic interviews, 3/4 final interviews conducted. Questions ranged from technical to CV based. Technical Round was slightly stressful. Be thorough with basic concepts of finance. On the HR side, know why you want investment banking and what would they expect out of you.