Deutsche Bank CIB

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB

Interview Details – Hiring is pretty easy. Just brush up on basic questions

Interview Question – Most difficult questions are from HR or managers, not technical   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB in February 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted my CV through my school's career service and got an on-campus interview. First round was relatively easy; 30min behavioral interview, the typical "walk-me-through-your-resume" questions.

Interview Question – What do you know about Deutsche Bank?   Answer Question

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Senior Executive Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired imediately after the interview. I later found out that they had been looking to fill the position for 6 months, but when the job was described in the interview, no one would take it. I was desperate, because I had not found a F/T job (only time-limited contract work/freelance) for over a year. I had just filed for bankruptcy, and was paying $500/mo for COBRA. I was given the choice of 2 starting dates, 2 weeks apart.

I had to provide an original college degree, signed by the registrar. The one I scanned didn't show the raised registrar's stamp and was not accepted so I had to show the the original.. I don't think they ran a credit report, just a crirminal background check. After being hired, you go to their NJ office via PATH (which is beautiful, right on the water) to fill out paperwork & do drug test. One of my medications set of the drug alarm but they immediately assumed that was the case; I don't remember if I had to prove it with an MD's note, but I don't think so.

Interview Question – I can't think of one. I was told in the interview that the job would be very flexible re: hours. This was DEFINIFTELY not true. I was also told I would go from contractor to employee in 3 months. That also never happened, even though they kept me on as a contractor for a year. Later I found out that many temps had been promised a F/T during their interviews, but it never happened, after being ther 1.5 years.And we're talking people who worked way past the "higher ups" had gone home. I don't know a single person who put in LESS than 60 hrs/wk, at all levels of the org. (without charging O/T, which was frowned upon.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Essentially it was "take it or leave it".

Associate Interview

Associate
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB in June 2010.

Interview Details – There was one phone screen and then 3 onsite interviews.

Interview Question – Most questions were easy. It was some time ago so don't recall much.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Trainee Global Markets Interview

Trainee Global Markets

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB in November 2011.

Interview Details – After positive feedback during internship applied for trainee. two first round interviews with two analyst/associate level interview partners each.
after positive feedback in the first round 2-3 second round interviews with MD level.

Interview Question – can't pick one...be prepared for various questions related to current issues in finance, brain teaser, unexpected personal questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB in April 2013.

Interview Details – Division: DB Centre (Mumbai) - Corporate Banking & Securities
Apply online in March 2013 and pass in-school selection, then go to regional office to attend video interview in one day.

Interview Question – 1st round: technical questions (such as what is QE, what is DCF model, etc.) and market news. For me there was not behaviroral questions but some other candidates got behavioral questions and brainteasers.
2nd round: questions about my previous internship experience and interviewers asked me very detailed questions. There were also questions about your motivation. Questions were generally followed by more detailed questions if interviewers found my answer interesting.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Successful candidates are not supposed to negotiate on the offer as the offer is already very satisfactory (5 star hotel for 2 month internship on company cost).

Intern In Trading Interview

Intern In Trading
Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB in January 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Online Assessment Test (Numerical)
2. 3 Interviews - in total 3 hours.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB in December 2009.

Interview Details – Deutsche Bank came to our campus at IIT Kharagpur. There were 3 rounds for the selection process -
1. A written aptitude test which tested the candidates on their numerical and verbal aptitude
2. The shortlisted candidates were then invited to a day-long session with some of the alumni who were Deutsche Bank employees. The short get-together ended up being an informal interview session as well.
3. Final round interviews on campus which included 2 rounds of interviews following which final offers were extended.

Interview Question – Since I was a newbie to finance as such with no prior courses or related internships, I found the question on Black Scholes very difficult. However, with a little prodding, I was able to solve it.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Off Cycle Internship Within FX & Commodity Derivatives Trading Division Interview

Off Cycle Internship Within FX & Commodity Derivatives Trading Division

I applied online - interviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB in July 2012.

Interview Details – Online application (CV, cover letter, etc...) followed by 2 interviews in Frankfurt, both rather (but not purely) technical than competency based.

Interview Question – "Tell me about your bachelor thesis."   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB

Interview Details – there were only two rounds ,..one was manager interview and other was HR round,. tats it,..i was selecr\ted for th job!

Interview Question – i dont think there were so difficult questions asked   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Deutsche Bank CIB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deutsche Bank CIB interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deutsche Bank CIB employees and interview candidates.