Deutsche Bank CIB Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.2

Associate Interview

Hiring is pretty easy. Just brush up on basic questions

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions are from HR or managers, not technical   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB in February 2012.

Submitted my CV through my school's career service and got an on-campus interview. First round was relatively easy; 30min behavioral interview, the typical "walk-me-through-your-resume" questions.

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB in July 2010.

I was hired imediately after the interview. I later found out that they had been looking to fill the position for 6 months, but when the job was described in the interview, no one would take it. I was desperate, because I had not found a F/T job (only time-limited contract work/freelance) for over a year. I had just filed for bankruptcy, and was paying $500/mo for COBRA. I was given the choice of 2 starting dates, 2 weeks apart.

I had to provide an original college degree, signed by the registrar. The one I scanned didn't show the raised registrar's stamp and was not accepted so I had to show the the original.. I don't think they ran a credit report, just a crirminal background check. After being hired, you go to their NJ office via PATH (which is beautiful, right on the water) to fill out paperwork & do drug test. One of my medications set of the drug alarm but they immediately assumed that was the case; I don't remember if I had to prove it with an MD's note, but I don't think so.

Interview Questions
    • I can't think of one. I was told in the interview that the job would be very flexible re: hours. This was DEFINIFTELY not true. I was also told I would go from contractor to employee in 3 months. That also never happened, even though they kept me on as a contractor for a year. Later I found out that many temps had been promised a F/T during their interviews, but it never happened, after being ther 1.5 years.And we're talking people who worked way past the "higher ups" had gone home. I don't know a single person who put in LESS than 60 hrs/wk, at all levels of the org. (without charging O/T, which was frowned upon.)   Answer Question
    Essentially it was "take it or leave it".

Analyst Interview

Pretty easy overall. some puzzles and basic financial knowledge being the only requirements. A specific focus was on the larger understanding of the derivatives market as opposed to nitty-gritty of the mathematical models. Helps to know basics about options, forwards and bonds.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB in April 2013.

Division: DB Centre (Mumbai) - Corporate Banking & Securities
    Apply online in March 2013 and pass in-school selection, then go to regional office to attend video interview in one day.

Interview Questions
    • 1st round: technical questions (such as what is QE, what is DCF model, etc.) and market news. For me there was not behaviroral questions but some other candidates got behavioral questions and brainteasers.
      2nd round: questions about my previous internship experience and interviewers asked me very detailed questions. There were also questions about your motivation. Questions were generally followed by more detailed questions if interviewers found my answer interesting.
        Answer Question
    Successful candidates are not supposed to negotiate on the offer as the offer is already very satisfactory (5 star hotel for 2 month internship on company cost).

Financial Analyst Interview

there were only two rounds ,..one was manager interview and other was HR round,. tats it,..i was selecr\ted for th job!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB in August 2012.

IQ test+Resume based shortlisting+3 rounds of personal interviews-2 Technicals, 1 HR

Interview Questions

Off Cycle Internship Within FX & Commodity Derivatives Trading Division Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB in July 2012.

Online application (CV, cover letter, etc...) followed by 2 interviews in Frankfurt, both rather (but not purely) technical than competency based.

Trainee Global Markets Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB in November 2011.

After positive feedback during internship applied for trainee. two first round interviews with two analyst/associate level interview partners each.
    after positive feedback in the first round 2-3 second round interviews with MD level.

Interview Questions
    • can't pick one...be prepared for various questions related to current issues in finance, brain teaser, unexpected personal questions   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB in June 2010.

There was one phone screen and then 3 onsite interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were easy. It was some time ago so don't recall much.   Answer Question