Deutsche Bank CIB

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank CIB in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired imediately after the interview. I later found out that they had been looking to fill the position for 6 months, but when the job was described in the interview, no one would take it. I was desperate, because I had not found a F/T job (only time-limited contract work/freelance) for over a year. I had just filed for bankruptcy, and was paying $500/mo for COBRA. I was given the choice of 2 starting dates, 2 weeks apart.

I had to provide an original college degree, signed by the registrar. The one I scanned didn't show the raised registrar's stamp and was not accepted so I had to show the the original.. I don't think they ran a credit report, just a crirminal background check. After being hired, you go to their NJ office via PATH (which is beautiful, right on the water) to fill out paperwork & do drug test. One of my medications set of the drug alarm but they immediately assumed that was the case; I don't remember if I had to prove it with an MD's note, but I don't think so.

Interview Question – I can't think of one. I was told in the interview that the job would be very flexible re: hours. This was DEFINIFTELY not true. I was also told I would go from contractor to employee in 3 months. That also never happened, even though they kept me on as a contractor for a year. Later I found out that many temps had been promised a F/T during their interviews, but it never happened, after being ther 1.5 years.And we're talking people who worked way past the "higher ups" had gone home. I don't know a single person who put in LESS than 60 hrs/wk, at all levels of the org. (without charging O/T, which was frowned upon.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Essentially it was "take it or leave it".

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Deutsche Bank CIB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deutsche Bank CIB Senior Executive Assistant interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Deutsche Bank CIB employees and interview candidates.