Deutsche Bank

Updated Aug 26, 2014

3.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Equity Research Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2014.

2 hour interview with Managing Directors from New York. It was very intense. If you've read any of Micheal Lewis' books, then you'll know what I mean. I was asked questiosn ranging from my views of the market to what my thoughts were of compliance and Wall Street.

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Equity Research Associate Interview

1 phone interview, 1 onsite, 1 with team 2-3 with sales, and 2-3 with director of research

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2010.

The entire process consisted of three interviews (which I found a bit troubling). The first was an on-campus interview with a senior, group-head type. He was basically sniff-testing to make sure I understood the requirements of the job and was legitimately interested. Based on that I had a 'final round' of two interviews in their offices on Wall St. One was with a more junior level guy who was friendly and I think was more interested in personality fit and how I could help take workload off his plate. The second interview was with two women. It wasn't totally clear if they both worked in the group, although one clearly did. She was the toughest of the interviewers. Her questions were fair - more technical than the others' - but her demeanor revealed a mean spiritedness that really turned me off.

Interview Questions
    • Pitch stock recommendations (specifically related to a sector I'd covered in a previous job).   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in June 2010.

very brief. A couple 30 minute phone calls and then they flew me up to Boston for a 45 minute coffee chat. the 45 minute chat was more about them trying to get to know me.