Deutsche Bank Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2014

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Went to two interviews. The first was more technical questions and questions about prior experiences on my resume- There were a few problem solving questions as well. The second interview was more about my experience in work related situations: lots of questions like, "Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a superior" or "Tell me about a time when you worked with a team and someone did not fully participate."

Interview Questions

• You have two jugs- a five gallon jug and a three gallon jug. You have an endless supply of water and nothing else. Without using any type of estimation, how would you get exactly four gallons in the jugs.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Was interviewed on campus by two people for a summer internship. Both interviews lasted about 45 minutes each. The second interview was held the following day after the first and they extended the internship offer the day after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• How many gallons of paint were sold in the United States in one year.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No there was no negotiation. It was more of a take it or leave it case.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

The HR who handled my case was very lousy. Didn't set up the interview on time, in fact made me flew down and when I arrived they were not sure if the interview was happening! On top of that I was not even compensated for my tickets. After the interview I was rejected on the grounds that my current salary is already high. They knew this already! I still dont know why my entire day was wasted along with the flight expense.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

1st round Phone call after resume screening. Asked the usual background questions, resume breakdown, past internship experiences. Interviewer was friendly and was open about answering questions about the company. Invited to interview in office shortly after.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 financial statements and how do they link?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview with a gentleman who seemed a little rushed. I felt as if I was an item to check off his list as opposed to a viable candidate. He first asked me to explain my physics doctoral research. When I tried to start with the basics, he said he knew those but the rest didn't go so well. Next he explained the job, in good detail. He did know what he was looking for. He then proceeded to ask me questions for which he wanted certain answers. It was a frustrating interview, kind of like talking to my thesis advisor.

Interview Questions

• If you could buy or sell tickets at a horse track, how would you decide which horses to bet on?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Applied thru employe referral. The hiring manager messed up the interview schedule and confused with someone else; didn't even apologize and blamed HR instead. Didn't look professional, was not ready for the interview and acted like she doesn't care.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2009.

Interview

Applied online through school and the db's website. interview was straight forward. test your understanding about the market (this is PWM analyst position), and the wealth management business. 2 people was interviewing. The first round was only 30mins, it is mostly behavioural

Interview Questions

• What do you think happn in the capital market over the past year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

Applied online for a job i was not qualified for. They called me did a phone interview for it. Called me back later saying i wasnt qualified for that job but they had another they would like me to interview for. I do a phone interview for that job. Then come in for a group interview. Just me and two others who work there. Then came back one more time with a 1 on 1 with the COO. Took about a week or so to get through it all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had an issue involving many different people and how you went about fixing the issue to the satisfaction of all involved.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. I had graduated from college 6 months earlier and had no real world experience. I had not been working since college so i was desperate for any job. I had no leverage and therefore had no grounds to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Albany, NY) in April 2008.

Interview

Mainly questioned on the Resume and past experience. A situational question.
    Team working skills. What do you think about relocating to a new location. Personality questions, strengths and weakness. Aptitude test, numerical reasoning basic questions.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

very cordial very encouraging, do not assume that you know everything related to IB. very professional but falsely promising growth maps. ,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,,,, ,,,,,, ,,,, ,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,

Interview Questions

• What risk the greek "rho" represent   1 Answer

Negotiation

did not negotiate title or package.