Deutsche Bank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details – Went through online application and online aptitude test. I was received by a HR official, waited for about 5 minutes, and then the interview began. The interview is 2-to-1 (1 manager from NY and 1 from Shanghai I think), in which the interviewers asked questions about financial markets, banking, and the general investment banking industry in China. Not many questions about CV. No HRM-ralted questions.
The office is fabulous with great view.

Interview Question – What do you think of the investment banking industry in China?   Answer Question

Security Manager Interview

Security Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in July 2010.

Interview Details – Simple straight forward. I had all the skills and attributes they needed. Felt like ticking boxes.

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Corporate Finance Analyst
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for a few weeks then receive a quick phone interview for screening, conducted by an associate. Some questions on previous internship experience and China real estate and equity markets.

Interview Question – Comment on real estate market in China.   Answer Question

Markets Analyst Interview

Markets Analyst
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2014.

Interview Details – Just some question about the markets, what is the USD/JPY , Euro dollar, and the question of resume

Interview Question – Name one trading strategy   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Deutsche Bank

Interview Details – Mainly technical questions regarding futures and options

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details – The whole process is pretty fast. Apply online then there will be online test about math reading. Then phone interview from that department. HR will call you after a week I guess. Then one to two interview about an hour or half an hour. There will be a VP and a associate. Next round will be two 1-to-2 session. And there will be directors. Final round will be a group interview. Last time we are playing with toys in two groups, then a present afterwards. The result will be out in a week time.

Interview Question – Normally they just follow your CV and ask questions about that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No really have one. They just ask their employee to call me and tell me how wonderful the company is.

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2012.

Interview Details – Online test, phone interview, and on-site interview with 2 heads in different research department

Interview Question – Do you think it is good time for me to invest in China property market   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in May 2011.

Interview Details – 6 one-on-one interviews with mid-to-senior levels of the team. more focus on personal background, with some level of technical / finance / regulatory / transaction experience and knowledge

Interview Question – what's the typical issues you expect or you want to check during the due diligence process in an IPO   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – only tried to negotiation of bonus buy-out, but failed.

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in July 2008.

Interview Details – Start off with telephone interview, with technical questions including speed maths
Second round with interviewing panel for Asian Managers, with technical questions including speed maths, resume questions, brain teasers, why the bank, why the department
Third round with interviewing panel for Asia Pacific Heads, with technical questions including speed maths, resume questions, brain teasers

Interview Question – What is square root of .81   View Answers (2)

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2008.

Interview Details – I got a call from my agent telling me that an employer is looking for a .Net developer, and the employer found my CV perfectly matched the position. I didn't get much information about the position and the job nature. But considered the good reputation of Deutsche Bank, an on-site interview is definitly a good chance for me.

Interviewers are very nice and professional, they went over my CV and started with a couple of standard questions like "What makes you change your current job", "tell me about your current job","What are your strengths and weaknesses"... and then started to explain me about my applied position, what kind of tools they are using and some more details about their current plan of the team. And then they jumped into some technical questions about application development, however I was more on the web development side and that was the reason why I didn't get an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience on real time programming for a trading system?   View Answer

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!