Deutsche Bank

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details – Deutsche had an information session on the university campus about two weeks before their interview date. Good idea to try and mingle with their reps. They ask to apply on their website. The interview was two on one. Very difficult including a technical portion. Thirty minute interview. Ask questions about your résumé, past projects, and group experiences.

Interview Question – Tell me about the God Particle.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2013.

Interview Details – Managing Director of M&A, tough tough questions, he asked me a lot of questions on different valuation methods. Attitude was friendly tho. Do not recommend any students in a 3 years degree to try that position, you need at least a double degree. One of the question is, Do you get a long with your mother? I was so speechless.

Interview Question – How would you evaluate an M&A? Open ended   Answer Question

Moscow (Russia)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details – Unpaid off-cycle internship at Moscow office.
Department: Equity Research and Strategy

1. CV screening
2. Appointment by phone
3. Interview#1
questions:
- "Tell me about yourself"
- Corporate Finance
- Econometrics
- Macroeconomics
- "Do you have any questions?"
4. Interview#2
questions:
- CV-based questions: "What's your rating at the university?", "What software are you familiar with?";
- Career and education plans;
- "What's happening in Russia?";
- "Do you have any questions?"

Still waiting for the response.

P.S. I am finishing my Bachelors degree (Economics) in 2014.

Interview Questions

• You read newspapers, right? Current problems taken into account, what Ukraine should do about its exchange rate?   View Answer
  • Two companies in the same industry have the same operational structure. However, their EV/EBITDA are different. What's the difference berween them?   View Answer
  • What is the worst: biasedness, inconsistency or inefficiency?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring manager emailed me for a panel interview after submitting my resume through the school career website. The phone interview was relaxed and scheduled me for an interview for the following day. The in-person interview was conducted by two professionals in the business analyst industry. Relaxed setting, but be sure to have answers to ALL the questions they ask.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation that demonstrated your coping skills.   Answer Question

Intern
Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2011.

Interview Details – Initial written test for shortlisting consisting general aptitude and logical questions. Based on this test you will be shortlisted for interviews. In general 2 round of analytical interviews focusing on your math skills and logical thinking.

Interview Question – as such there was nothing unexpected   View Answer

Tongzhou, Beijing (China)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2011.

Interview Details – resume submission online and two rounds of interviews

Interview Question – what is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

London, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2009.

Interview Details – I can't remember the initial online application but I think it was just answering standard employer's questions "why do you like the company" I doubt they pay too much attention to this and look more at your c.v.

Due to train problems I was late and by that point a bit deflated, from what I remember it was mostly questions asking about experience, if I had been a team leader, how do I approach a problem. Not much technical content that I remember.

When I got there I realised doing technical work in a bank was not really my ambition and I think they got that impression so didn't receive an offer

Interview Question – If you disagree with a team member how do you find a solution?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2010.

Interview Details – Three 1:1 interviews. Mostly behavioral, with some technical questions. Know why you want to be at DB, why finance and what drives you to commit to the extensive hours involved.

Interview Question – Why DB?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interview for intern position at M&A team. A round of 4 one-on-one interviews. Skills, motivation, technical knowledge and endurance are tested. Also the interviewers wanted to check if the applicant fits in the team.

Interview Question – Solving brain teasers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotion as this involved a position as intern

Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online in Nov.
Get interview invitation in early Jan. No photo interview.
The interview took 2 rounds, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. Both rounds met 2 senior banks. If not successful in the morning, would not be invited for the afternoon rounds.

Heard back in 2 weeks as HR promised. very efficient compared to other banks. nice people

Interview Question – if you are the head of a trading desk, what will you do if you've incurred huge loss?   View Answer

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!