Deutsche Bank

Updated Nov 16, 2014

3.3

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2013.

Managing Director of M&A, tough tough questions, he asked me a lot of questions on different valuation methods. Attitude was friendly tho. Do not recommend any students in a 3 years degree to try that position, you need at least a double degree. One of the question is, Do you get a long with your mother? I was so speechless.

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Deutsche had an information session on the university campus about two weeks before their interview date. Good idea to try and mingle with their reps. They ask to apply on their website. The interview was two on one. Very difficult including a technical portion. Thirty minute interview. Ask questions about your résumé, past projects, and group experiences.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2011.

Initial written test for shortlisting consisting general aptitude and logical questions. Based on this test you will be shortlisted for interviews. In general 2 round of analytical interviews focusing on your math skills and logical thinking.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tongzhou, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tongzhou, Beijing (China)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2011.

resume submission online and two rounds of interviews

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2009.

I can't remember the initial online application but I think it was just answering standard employer's questions "why do you like the company" I doubt they pay too much attention to this and look more at your c.v.

Due to train problems I was late and by that point a bit deflated, from what I remember it was mostly questions asking about experience, if I had been a team leader, how do I approach a problem. Not much technical content that I remember.

When I got there I realised doing technical work in a bank was not really my ambition and I think they got that impression so didn't receive an offer

Interview Questions
    • If you disagree with a team member how do you find a solution?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank in June 2012.

1 - Online tests and telephone interview (standard numerical test and competency based interview)

2 - Assessment center (including a one on one interview as well as more tests and a presentation)

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2012.

The hiring manager emailed me for a panel interview after submitting my resume through the school career website. The phone interview was relaxed and scheduled me for an interview for the following day. The in-person interview was conducted by two professionals in the business analyst industry. Relaxed setting, but be sure to have answers to ALL the questions they ask.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation that demonstrated your coping skills.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Unpaid off-cycle internship at Moscow office.
    Department: Equity Research and Strategy

1. CV screening
    2. Appointment by phone
    3. Interview#1
    questions:
    - "Tell me about yourself"
    - Corporate Finance
    - Econometrics
    - Macroeconomics
    - "Do you have any questions?"
    4. Interview#2
    questions:
    - CV-based questions: "What's your rating at the university?", "What software are you familiar with?";
    - Career and education plans;
    - "What's happening in Russia?";
    - "Do you have any questions?"

Still waiting for the response.

P.S. I am finishing my Bachelors degree (Economics) in 2014.

Interview Questions
    • You read newspapers, right? Current problems taken into account, what Ukraine should do about its exchange rate?   View Answer
    • Two companies in the same industry have the same operational structure. However, their EV/EBITDA are different. What's the difference berween them?   View Answer
    • What is the worst: biasedness, inconsistency or inefficiency?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Deutsche Bank in June 2012.

Cool Guys. All parts in the process are reasonable and not too tough

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt, Bayern (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt, Bayern (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2008.

Ich habe meinen Lebenslauf und die anderen Bewerbungsunterlagen hochgeladen, zum Beispiel eine Notenliste und Empfehlungsschreiben, und wurde nach 1 Monat zum Bewerbungsgespräch geladen. Am Tag des Bewerbungsgesprächs hatte ich vier direkte Gespräche und ein Gespräch mit zwei Bankern. Die Fragen waren nichts Neues für mich, das übliche halt - Lebenslauf durchgehen, Soft Skills, Fachfragen zur Unternehmensbewertung und Buchhaltung. Im Großen und Ganzen hatte ich einen sehr guten Eindruck von allen meinen Gesprächspartnern, die Atmosphäre war angenehm und locker.

I uploaded my CV and backup material such as grade lists and reference letters online and was invited to the interviews about 1 month later. On the day of the interviews I had four 1:1 interviews and one with 2 bankers. Questions were not really suprising, everything from walk me through your resume to personal fit questions on the soft side, and valuation and accounting questions on the technical side. In general very good impression of all interviewers, good atmosphere, easy going.

Interview Questions
    • Wenn wir eine Unternehmensbewertung vornehmen, welche Position auf der Aktivseite der Bilanz bereitet uns Ihrer Meinung nach die größten Schwierigkeiten bei der Bewertung und warum?   When preparing a company valuation, what item on the balance sheet's asset side do you think is the most difficult to value for us and why?   View Answer