Deutsche Bank

Updated Nov 16, 2014

3.3

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2011.

Casual Interview process,The Panel Focuses on your Knowledge and Experience

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tongzhou, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tongzhou, Beijing (China)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2011.

resume submission online and two rounds of interviews

no negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2011.

Applied online in Nov.
    Get interview invitation in early Jan. No photo interview.
    The interview took 2 rounds, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. Both rounds met 2 senior banks. If not successful in the morning, would not be invited for the afternoon rounds.

Heard back in 2 weeks as HR promised. very efficient compared to other banks. nice people

Interview Questions
    • if you are the head of a trading desk, what will you do if you've incurred huge loss?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2010.

Interview for intern position at M&A team. A round of 4 one-on-one interviews. Skills, motivation, technical knowledge and endurance are tested. Also the interviewers wanted to check if the applicant fits in the team.

Interview Questions
    No negotion as this involved a position as intern

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in September 2010.

What did you do in the project?
    Few questions based on resume points like course work, position of responsibility.
    Puzzles will be asked.
    Why DB and why do you want to take up a finance job.

Interview Questions
    • We are bored tell us some interesting story   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eschborn (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eschborn (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in June 2010.

Ich traf mich mit drei unterschiedlichen Managern, die mir ihre Projekte präsentierten. Aus diesem Zusammenhang heraus stellten sie Fragen nach dem Motto „Was wäre, wenn“, um meine potentiellen Reaktionen in bestimmten Situationen zu beurteilen. Jede/r Manager/in nahm sich ca. zehn Minuten Zeit, um den größeren organisatorischen Kontext seiner/ihrer Abteilung zu schildern.

I met with three different managers who presented their projects to me. Based the context they asked "imagine-if" questions to assess my potential reactions in specific situations. Each manager took about 10 minutes to elaborate on the larger organizational context of his/her department.

Interview Questions
    • Was ist das wichtigste, was Sie während Ihres Unistudium gelernt haben?   What was the most important learning in you University studies?   Answer Question
    • Warum sind Sie der beste Kandidat für diesen Posten?   Why are you the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question
    Es gab keine Verhandlung, da das Praktikumsgehalt fix ist.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2010.

Fast, professional

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2009.

I can't remember the initial online application but I think it was just answering standard employer's questions "why do you like the company" I doubt they pay too much attention to this and look more at your c.v.

Due to train problems I was late and by that point a bit deflated, from what I remember it was mostly questions asking about experience, if I had been a team leader, how do I approach a problem. Not much technical content that I remember.

When I got there I realised doing technical work in a bank was not really my ambition and I think they got that impression so didn't receive an offer

Interview Questions
    • If you disagree with a team member how do you find a solution?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2009.

Had an initial numerical assessment and then another one on the day, then 3 competency based 1:1 interviews with fairly senior people in the firm. Was asked some simple numeracy questions then questions about the business to find out what I knew already. They asked me about previous experience and some extra-curriclar stuff too. All in all, it was well communicated what was required of me, and where I had to be when. Also provided overnight stay in a hotel.

Not yet. Might do soon.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt, Bayern (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt, Bayern (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2008.

Ich habe meinen Lebenslauf und die anderen Bewerbungsunterlagen hochgeladen, zum Beispiel eine Notenliste und Empfehlungsschreiben, und wurde nach 1 Monat zum Bewerbungsgespräch geladen. Am Tag des Bewerbungsgesprächs hatte ich vier direkte Gespräche und ein Gespräch mit zwei Bankern. Die Fragen waren nichts Neues für mich, das übliche halt - Lebenslauf durchgehen, Soft Skills, Fachfragen zur Unternehmensbewertung und Buchhaltung. Im Großen und Ganzen hatte ich einen sehr guten Eindruck von allen meinen Gesprächspartnern, die Atmosphäre war angenehm und locker.

I uploaded my CV and backup material such as grade lists and reference letters online and was invited to the interviews about 1 month later. On the day of the interviews I had four 1:1 interviews and one with 2 bankers. Questions were not really suprising, everything from walk me through your resume to personal fit questions on the soft side, and valuation and accounting questions on the technical side. In general very good impression of all interviewers, good atmosphere, easy going.

Interview Questions
    • Wenn wir eine Unternehmensbewertung vornehmen, welche Position auf der Aktivseite der Bilanz bereitet uns Ihrer Meinung nach die größten Schwierigkeiten bei der Bewertung und warum?   When preparing a company valuation, what item on the balance sheet's asset side do you think is the most difficult to value for us and why?   View Answer