Deutsche Bank

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

GTO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

3 interviews total.
    First round (30 min) with two HR interviewers. They called that evening with their decision to invite applicants back to the final round or to send them home.
    The final round was two 30 min interviews, each with two interviewers. This took place on a Friday and I had a call with an offer that night.
    Overall experience: It was really fun. I enjoyed my conversations with all my interviewers and had a good time meeting and helping the other applicants with their questions.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume.
      What was your most difficult technical problem?
      What was your biggest problem leading x? How did you communicate that?
      How do you analyze data? What is your experience? What is your approach?
      What is the climate of the market? What recent news do you know about DB?
      Technical questions: Linux, hash maps, scope, java questions, etc. They also had some hypothetical algorithm questions but there was no live coding.
        Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

I applied to DB through my university's career website. I had never spoken with a recruiter or employee of DB beforehand but was offered an interview. The first round interview consisted of standard behavioral questions (name a time you had to lead a group) technical questions relevant to the job (what are the 3 types of joins - didn't know that one) and brain teasers.

Called back within the week, the second round was effectively the same thing with a slightly heavier technical component. I was asked to write an SQL query but nothing more. More brain-teasers in this one as well. Both of these interviews were with two managers each. Took 3 weeks to recieve a callback from that. (Note, this location was growing and was in all-hand-on-deck hiring mode)

Interview Questions
    • Name the 3 types of SQL joins and the differences between them.   View Answer
    Did not attempt negotiation as an intern - good offer the first time.

Markets Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

The interview involved 3 separate one-on-one interviews for 30 minutes each. Most of the questions were focused on the resume. There were no technical or behavioral questions. The seriousness of each interviewer increased as the day progressed. The first one was laid-back and nice, while the other two were very serious.

Interview Questions
    • They asked the reasoning behind decisions/ events on the resume. Not too difficult.   Answer Question

Analyst - Technology Interview

First interviewed on campus, then interviewed later on site. The entire process spanned over 3 months. Overall, the people were very nice and I was able to meet with people over multiple days when visiting on site.

Asset Wealth Management Global Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2014.

The interview process is pretty general. It comes with first round phone interview, just asked some questions about resume and behavioral questions, such as leadership, teamwork, most like course. The next is onsite interview, first round in the morning then if you do well, they will call you back to have a final round in the afternoon.

Corporate Banking Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2014.

After the initial CV screening process, you are invited into a first-round interview, which consists of two different interviews with employees at different levels. The structure of the interview is: personal questions related to your CV, industry-related questions and brain teasers. Finally you are allowed to ask questions about the position/company/experience. If you pass this first round, you are invited to a second round.

Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

3 rounds of interview, telephonic and skype round. Questions asked related to your work by putting out the scenarios and judging how person answers it. Clear and crisp interview process

Global Markets Analyst Interview

On campus interview - 3 people; 1 - technical questions, 2 people - behavior questions
    I haven't heard it back from them yet.
    Behavior questions were very general. Not hard.
    However, technical questions were killed me...

Interview Questions
    • Technical Questions were really hard for me. I got some questions from my relevant coursework list.   Answer Question

Global Markets Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

On-campus interview with three interviewers (one on one). Everyone lasted for thirty minutes. Two of them asked behavior questions and one asked technical based on resume and background like delta, gamma, current market news. There were also some brainteasers.

Analyst Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Laid back interview. Nothing out of the ordinary just behavioral questions. I interviewed with three VP's and they were all very friendly, answered all my questions, and spoke very highly of the company, which I could tell since all three have been there for years. Only thing is you must take an excel quiz and answer finance questions before/after the interview.