Deutsche Bank

Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

TTH scheme, the overall organisation of the interviews was very good, reasonable competency based questions and a very kind interviewer which made the process better. Also employees are very welcoming and help relax the nerves once the process gets started.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2014.

I interned in DB before. This year I attended DB's recruitment talk and applied online. Then I got the first round interview (on-site, not phone interview) with 2 VPs from the business division I applied. Then after 4 days I got the final round interview invitation and there were 1 MD and 1 director interviewing me. After 1 day I got the offer and accepted it. So totally there were only 2 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • There was really no difficult or unexpected question. The interviewer were very nice and friendly, and it was all CV-based and behavioral questions. It's probably because the division I applied was AWM.   View Answer
    It's standard contract. No negotiation.

GTO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

3 interviews total.
    First round (30 min) with two HR interviewers. They called that evening with their decision to invite applicants back to the final round or to send them home.
    The final round was two 30 min interviews, each with two interviewers. This took place on a Friday and I had a call with an offer that night.
    Overall experience: It was really fun. I enjoyed my conversations with all my interviewers and had a good time meeting and helping the other applicants with their questions.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume.
      What was your most difficult technical problem?
      What was your biggest problem leading x? How did you communicate that?
      How do you analyze data? What is your experience? What is your approach?
      What is the climate of the market? What recent news do you know about DB?
      Technical questions: Linux, hash maps, scope, java questions, etc. They also had some hypothetical algorithm questions but there was no live coding.
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

The company visited the university campus for selection.Initial Shortlisting was made on the basis of CV, then there were 3-4 rounds of Personal Interview.One technical, one HR and another one was to test your communicational skills.Will ask you speak on anything and everything.

Interview Questions
    • questions on Laplace and Fourier transform and recursive algorithms.   Answer Question

Corporate Banking Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2014.

After the initial CV screening process, you are invited into a first-round interview, which consists of two different interviews with employees at different levels. The structure of the interview is: personal questions related to your CV, industry-related questions and brain teasers. Finally you are allowed to ask questions about the position/company/experience. If you pass this first round, you are invited to a second round.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

I applied to DB through my university's career website. I had never spoken with a recruiter or employee of DB beforehand but was offered an interview. The first round interview consisted of standard behavioral questions (name a time you had to lead a group) technical questions relevant to the job (what are the 3 types of joins - didn't know that one) and brain teasers.

Called back within the week, the second round was effectively the same thing with a slightly heavier technical component. I was asked to write an SQL query but nothing more. More brain-teasers in this one as well. Both of these interviews were with two managers each. Took 3 weeks to recieve a callback from that. (Note, this location was growing and was in all-hand-on-deck hiring mode)

Interview Questions
    • Name the 3 types of SQL joins and the differences between them.   View Answer
    Did not attempt negotiation as an intern - good offer the first time.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Applied online through the web portal. Two rounds of interviews. Both rounds were face to face interviews. In addition, the second round has an assessment center. At the end, offers were made out. The internship involves two rotations of 5 weeks each across Singapore and Hong Kong. Also interns rotate across different products within Sales and Trading - Research, Structuring, Sales, Trading, GCM. Also across asset classes - Equities, Fixed Income, FX, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mainly centered around the markets, current economic situation globally, GFC, personal abilities / skill set, and some lateral thinking questions.   Answer Question

Analyst - Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2014.

Applied Online, Numerical Test, First Round Face-to-Face Interview (2 to 1) with departmental reps. Then Final Round, which consisted of three 30 minutes interviews with senior members of the team.

Interview Questions
    • Very competency based interview, so there wasn't anything difficult as such.   Answer Question

Regional Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

I went to first interview, questions are quite open and flexible, revolve around your CV, markets updates and competency questions. It was 2:1 interview. I got through to the second interview, which will happen this wednesday. To be honest I was to nervous to remember the exact questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think are the factors driving the markets.   Answer Question

Asset Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2014.

Applied via an online application form and then had to sit a numerical test. Following this I was invited to interview at Deutsche. Both first and final round interviews were almost exclusively competency based. Had a few technical questions in the final round but this was focused on stuff I had done at previous internships. Make sure you know your CV inside out.

Interview Questions
    • On which financial statement do you find capital expenditure?   Answer Question