Deutsche Bank

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in September 2013.

Interview Details – Two stage interview process in late 2013 at DB's Jacksonville office. The whole thing was very straight forward and I wasn't asked any real hard ball questions. I likely got the job because of my knowledge of some of the company's goal setting initiatives and that I graduated from a good school - honestly I think it was sort of a superficial hire, since I had no real finance experience.

Interview Question – No difficult questions to be honest. I was asked how I worked through a difficult situation in a previous work environment / internship, but that's sort of standard and I already had an answer prepared. Nothing relating to finance or any core math skills.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in June 2012.

Interview Details – 1 - Online tests and telephone interview (standard numerical test and competency based interview)

2 - Assessment center (including a one on one interview as well as more tests and a presentation)

Interview Question – Why are you here today?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst
Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2014.

Interview Details – Telephonic interviews with recruiter and line-manager followed by face-to-face interview+case study. The telephonic interview will be very basic, brace yourself for questions on your motivation, background and salary expectations. If the line-manager find you to be a suitable candidate, he'll also conduct a telephonic interview before inviting you for on-site interview, which also includes a case-study.

Interview Question – How do you motivate your team members?   Answer Question

Train to Hire Program Interview

Train to Hire Program
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied after graduating FSU through the career center at the school. I got an email asking for a phone interview shortly after applying. The phone interview was very short, just basic questions such as "Why do you want to work for Deutsche Bank?" and "Why did you choose your major?". After that she asked if I would come in for an in-office interview. This time I spoke with a recruiter who was very nice and easy to talk to. She asked many behavioral questions that needed examples to be answered. They weren't terrible, just took some thought. Overall, it went well and after a couple weeks I was offered a spot in the program in the compliance group.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to explain your position to someone who disagreed with you.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2013.

Interview Details – Managing Director of M&A, tough tough questions, he asked me a lot of questions on different valuation methods. Attitude was friendly tho. Do not recommend any students in a 3 years degree to try that position, you need at least a double degree. One of the question is, Do you get a long with your mother? I was so speechless.

Interview Question – How would you evaluate an M&A? Open ended   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Corporate Finance Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details – On campus interview. Pretty easy interview. Mostly fit questions. Asked about my favorite class what not... It went pretty smoothly. Invited back for the final round. There were cocktails the next night. Networking event. It was nice to get to chat with them in a social setting. Then finally an on campus final interview. Again, no technical questions really, which was surprising. Mostly fit questions. They seemed to really like me already and wanted to gauge my interest more so than test me on any technical stuff, which was lucky for me I guess.

Interview Question – Why do you want to do investment banking?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Another firm's offer was more enticing

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details – Was interviewed on campus by two people for a summer internship. Both interviews lasted about 45 minutes each. The second interview was held the following day after the first and they extended the internship offer the day after the second interview.

Interview Question – How many gallons of paint were sold in the United States in one year.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No there was no negotiation. It was more of a take it or leave it case.

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Senior Operations Analyst
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2010.

Interview Details – Differs for everyone. Know what KPI means, current financial leaders in the market and treasury. Read up on current events and company information. Ask about relocation and availability to move to FO.

Interview Question – What excel functions do you know besides vlookups and pivot tables?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation at all

Vice President Interview

Vice President

Interviewed at Deutsche Bank

Interview Details – Initial phone interview, followed by one-on-one with hiring manager and a round with future teammates. Regional manager was keen to ensure that all prospective coworkers will get along well in the long run.

Assistant Vice President Java Developer Interview

Assistant Vice President Java Developer
Cary, NC

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details – one HR interview, two Managers interview then show around the place, there are two floors, 1st floor one side seems very tense, where all other floors are more lively, overall nothing special of this place, didn't feel like a fun place working environment

Interview Question – SQL questions   View Answer

Reason for Declining – no career growth

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!