Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

It is helpful to network with someone internally who will push a long the interview process. Leverage LinkedIn, and networking events where colleagues of your perspective employees will be. Make sure to follow up with actual links from the company's site of roles you are interested in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Always counter offer within reason. Do your research beforehand of what the industry average it. iBanking associate generally have higher salary ranges than someone in PWM or GTB for example so make sure to do your research.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2011.

Interview

Start with standard IBD online test, followed by 2 phone screens. Proceeded to 1:1 with 4 interviewers on one day, before another day of 1:1 with 5 interviewers. All in all, quite organised and responsive. A rather smooth process. If granted an offer, will be notified the next day via phone call.

Interview Questions

• 1. Basic story telling about your background 2. Technical most around basic corporate finance knowledge 3. A lot of follow-up on your personal experiences and why industry and why DB   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in September 2013.

Interview

Long process, with interviews in the office, and via vídeo conference. Sometimes it was a group interview. Long process, with interviews in the office, and via vídeo conference. Sometimes it was a group interview. Long process, with interviews in the office, and via vídeo conference. Sometimes it was a group interview.

Interview Questions

• All kind of questions, not just specific for the role at the bank   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in July 2015.

Interview

Online application, call from HR to go in a few days later. Interview with an associate and an analyst. Very casual, a few technical questions. People were friendly and helpful. Told me a lot about their intern program at the end. Quite short notice for the interview from HR, not a lot of time to prep.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2015.

Interview

There were three rounds of interview . hiring manager , HR manage , Local HEad of the department. 1st was face to face, 2nd and 3rd were on phon e

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview took place on site with 3 different managers at 3 different times over the course of a week (a phone screen was held first). Took longer for a decision to be made that I felt was warranted for this level position.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Mumbai (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Technical round was swift. Just 2 rounds. Questions were around financial products ( as i was interviewed for product control team). Level of difficulty was low as i came from similar profile ( probably that was also reason they didnt ask much questions ) The problem was the HR team. They are inefficient. Took 1.5 months to process my offer. Would have taken more had i not looped the VP from the technical team whom i was to join.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Extremely Unprofessional. The HR never picks up the phone nor replies to emails. Efen after clearing the technical round they seem to be least bothered to procer the offer. I had to do repeated follow ups with HR and hac to loop the VP fron the technical team to escalate this.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Submitted application through the school website and attended their info sessions. Got a call back for first round on campus. The interview was completely behavioral. My interviewer was a very cool guy and we connected really well. It was then on to the super day. Nothing I wasn't expecting apart from one interviewer who was just trying to give me a hard time

Interview Questions

• do follow the markets? then follow-uo questions on where the markets are and my outlook   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward and the questions were the basics. These were based on the usual team, values, and what your expectations were from the company and the program. They really wanted to know what you had done and what your successes were.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing you have had to tell someone and how did you approach it?   Answer Question

Derivatives Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in June 2013.

Interview

Two role play scenarios that took place on the main floor, paper script with information. One to one with an existing employee as the "customer" they provided feedback before proceeding to the second scenario. This Was ok but could have been planned better.