Deutsche Bank Interview Questions & Reviews

451 interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2010.

The hiring process was pretty disorganized. I was contacted after creating a profile on Monster.com and asked to interview that same week. When I arrived, there was no one ready to speak with me and they grabbed a random low-level employee and asked him to interview me. He asked me to him about myself and then what my strengths were and that was it. I had more questions for him than he did for me. I was brought back for a second round of interviews in which I was supposed to have with two managers, but one was on a trip that week. So I had an interview with one and received a job offer after that.

Interview Questions
    I asked for a higher salary and they said take it or leave it.

Markets and Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in August 2014.

First a shortlist was made based on the resume of the candidates who applied for the post. They mostly shortlisted people with good academics or very good Position of Responsibilities. Then a PPT was held in our campus. In the interviews it seemed like even within the shortlist they had shortlisted some candidates and sidelined other candidates as was visible during the process as some of us had been called in the end and our interviews lasted only 3-4 minutes.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Went through consultant at Pune.Process took almost 2 months. Cleared one technical and HR round. But there is no further communication from last one month. HR seems very lethargic. Communication should be fast otherwise people won't prefer. They have many choices.

Analyst Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Laid back interview. Nothing out of the ordinary just behavioral questions. I interviewed with three VP's and they were all very friendly, answered all my questions, and spoke very highly of the company, which I could tell since all three have been there for years. Only thing is you must take an excel quiz and answer finance questions before/after the interview.

Corporate Finance Interview

online application and specific questions about what makes you the best candidate, why choosing Deutsche Bank, and what do you want after, what do you expect.
    One surprising thing is that the HR team there is very efficient, I get the phone call 3 days after the application.

Interview Questions
    • not unexpected but a lot about why DB and what you can do   Answer Question

Inhouse Consulting Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in July 2014.

Application phase took a month.
    I was invited to a 3 hour interview. 1,5h with a project manager and 1,5h with a senior consultant.
    General questions about my CV, why I want to work for them, leadership experience and questions about their balance sheet.
    2 case studies: one about their strategy the other was a post-merger one.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2010.

Joined under graduate trainee programme. The process takes around 2 months ( Submitted application in September, interview in October, confirmation in November).

Did online reasoning test when applying the job. I was required to take only numerical reasonings back in 2008 but heard that the subsequent years candidates were required to take verbal reasonings too.

Called up by HR for interview 2 weeks later.

Went through 2 sessions yet 4 rounds of interview. The first session was interviewed by two team managers (VP level). Two weeks later, the second session was interviewed by three D level managers, 3 rounds back-to-back (30min each). Had on-site numerical paper test (1 hour) after the back-to-back interview.

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Depending on which position you are applying for, the skill-set requirement is different. In coverage, you need to be good at communication and relationship management. For trading, I think a good trader has an inherent trading acumen which is difficult to develop. You will know yourself if you have it, and with being aware about the markets in college, you will be able to clear interviews. If you have done a non-financial or non-economic degree,I would advise you to develope basic knowlege of finance, various securities, derivatives and basic concepts of economics.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a lot of puzzles most of which I was able to answer. I was not able to answer one puzzle but the interviewer didn't worry about it.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Within the Quant Institute Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Berlin (Germany)
    Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in July 2014.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter with the "Agentur für Arbeit-Berlin" who works closely with the hiring committee at the Quant Institute. I submitted my application online. I was contacted within a week to hold a telephone interview. The original email invitation was for a phone interview within 5 weeks. But they had made a mistake with the month, and actually wanted to conduct the interview within 1 week. The correction was only made 1.5 days before the scheduled phone interview. If the phone interview had gone well, I would have been invited for their following "recruitment day" which would have involved a test about mathematics (including stochastics), finance and programming in C++. This is what I would consider a classical quant hiring process.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in July 2014.

1 on 1 phone then in person with follow up. Calls and emails and texts exchanged. Professional with high expectations and very transparent. Want to see credibility. Hiring manager was very sincere and held high expectations for success. Ability to produce is a must and entrepreneurial background is respected.

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!