Deutsche Bank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2014.

Interview Details – hr, then hiring manager then managing director

Interview Question – why DB?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – went through a recruiter

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2010.

Interview Details – Was submitted by a recruiter, Interview process was a month long with phone screening and 2 in person rounds

Interview Question – Generic PM questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interview Details – telephone then face to face in 5 rounds

Interview Question – tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President IT Interview

Assistant Vice President IT
Cary, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2010.

Interview Details – Long process, interviews with multiple people. No hard questions asked.

Assistant Vice President - Technology Interview

Assistant Vice President - Technology

Interviewed at Deutsche Bank

Interview Details – easy to medium level...4 interviews in person. focus on what previous projects were.

Assistant Vice President - Technology Interview

Assistant Vice President - Technology
Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details – It began with a phone interview then went to a one on one and then finally a group panel interview. There was a background check (criminal and credit). You have to give your fingerprints and take a drug test. There was a personality screening and some problem solving questions. They group interview is to see how likable you are. If you get to this point they have already determined that you have the skills for the job and now they are just seeing if you will fit with the team. If you can avoid being totally arrogant during this stage you have a very good shot at an offer.

Interview Question – What newspapers and magazines do you read and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They have a pay range band. I was told there was no negotiation and I'd come in at the bottom of the pay band.

Global Technology - Analyst Internship Program Interview

Global Technology - Analyst Internship Program
Cary, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2013.

Interview Details – First initial communication was with the recruiter and my telephone. It seemed like it was very last minute and that they needed to reach a certain interview quota. I was given and interview date and time. I arrived at their offices and was told that another candidate was currently being interviewed and I would be next. Then I was presented with a notebook and brought to a small snack/drink bar. My interview was mostly behavioral with a few technical or situational questions. I was interviewed by two workers in a group style presentation.

Interview Questions

Group Technology and Operations Internship Interview

Group Technology and Operations Internship

Interviewed at Deutsche Bank

Interview Details – Applied through career center and was asked to interview a month later. First interview in January with 2 on 1 good cop, bad cop kind of setting. Then made it to the final round a month after that and same 2 on 1 setting, but it was more based on behavioral stuff.

Interview Question – What makes you angry?   Answer Question

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Senior Operations Analyst
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in June 2011.

Interview Details – They take it seriously, it's not unusual to have 4 -5 interviews just for an internal move.

Interview Question – What you don't like about your current manager. It's hard to feel that will stay confidential.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2013.

Interview Details – After submitting a resume and cover letter, I was contacted by HR to schedule an initial phone interview. The phone interview was with the prospective supervisor, was in-depth and lasted about one hour. A couple of days after the phone interview, I was contacted for an in office interview. This interview was conducted by two staff members whom I would be working with. It was an in depth and pleasant interview. This interview lasted no more than one hour. A follow up phone interview with London office staff was then scheduled about one week later. This interview was more challenging, but informative.

A few days later I was contacted by HR to be notified that they were interested in hiring me, but as it was the end of the year they needed to finalize budget details before making a formal offer. At that time HR indicated that employment would commence in January of 2014 and asked if I would be ok with the wait and I stated that I would be ok with it. HR also stated during this conversation that would provide plenty of time to gather required pay stub information, as well as allow for time to go through the background check and ID process. In the meantime, I provided the requested salary information and discontinued my job search. When January came, I contacted HR to find out when they expected to formalize their offer and was told the situation was still 'status quo'. I continued to be in touch twice a week for the duration of the month and was given the same status each time. At no time did they mention the position was no longer available, or that they were no longer interested in hiring me. In fact, I was told that I was a great candidate and they would love to hire me but understood if I couldn't wait for their formal offer as they couldn't provide a time frame when it would be forthcoming. I discontinued contacting them when February came and they no also made no attempt to contact me further. To this day, I have no idea what happened.

Word of advice to candidates: if made an offer over the phone, insist on getting that re-iterated in writing via email. Also, do not discontinue your job search until you are in the door, even after being made an verbal offer, as it may not come through.

Interview Question – Be prepared to defend your experience, and have detail knowledge of past projects you have worked on.   Answer Question