Deutsche Bank

Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

Summer Analyst Interview

It is a sophomore program. I got the invitation through email, and it was a first round interview in New York. I interviewed with two people from different industry group. Since I don't have many relevant experiences, most of the questions are behavioral and related to my resume.

Technology Investment Banking Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

was reached out to after applying through my university by an alumni. he was very friendly. we had an initial phone call for 30 minutes. He told me a lot about the firm and his own work and gave me a lot of time for questions, so have a handful of smart questions ready. very straightforward interview. asked about my thoughts on a couple of markets.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

2 on 1 interview. one of the interviewers was the technical side and the other was behavioral. Basically just went through my resume. very friendly and seems like a good place to work. they spoke to each other a little, which eased off some of the tension. asked me to walk him through a DCF and then wanted me to discuss WACC.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through a DCF. What is WACC and how do you calculate it?   Answer Question

Global Markets Trading Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

It was on campus interview.
    I interviewed with a guy from England.

It was typical one-on-one interview between me and a hiring manager.
    The interviewer will ask questions about my experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking in the optimal candidate for the job.

Interview Questions
    • What if you have bad colleague in your team?
      How can you handle?

View Answer

Global Markets Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2015.

One round phone interview, including behavioural questions and basic questions such as" talk about what's new on the markets", basically to test whether you are following the market properly.
    Final interview includes two rounds. Interviewee meet with two interviewers each time. The final interview is very technical, includes lots of follow-up questions. There were several basic math questions but not very difficult. I was also asked "what's the gdp growth rate of India?" "what's the relation between Rubble and some southeast countries currencies" "plan QE as you are ECB"

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers tried to get to know your capacity to compare different markets and allocate resources. It's helpful to know fundamentals and economic policies of all the important economies.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2015.

Applied through on Campus Recruiting, needed a minimum 3.5. Had not spoken with anyone at DB Jacksonville before the interview. No Technical questions, just wanted to get to know me and why I wanted to work for Deutsche Bank and in Jacksonville. The Guys were pretty chill and the interview was very conversational. They emphasized the growth of their group in Jacksonville.

Corporate Banking and Securities Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2015.

Went to the office and had two half-hour interviews with a couple of managers. They were nice enough and didn't ask technical questions, mainly wanted to tell me about the office, the structure of the internship, and ask me about myself. Overall not bad, but make sure you can convey your passion for banking or for whatever you are applying for.

Group Technology & Operations Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2015.

Applied through my university careers website. Had a 30-minute 2:1 on-campus interview on Monday. The interview was mostly behavioral and flowed very well. Received a call that night inviting me to the superday that Friday in NYC. Superday was two back-to-back 30-minute interviews. The first was like my on-campus interview being a 2:1 and mainly behavioral. My last interview was a 1:1. The interviewer asked a conceptual programming question to see how I thought and then asked me a few behavioral questions. Received a phone call the following Monday offering me a position. Overall, I really enjoyed the process. My interviewers were tremendous and very enthusiastic about their job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you present moving data to the cloud when there are security concerns?   Answer Question

CMBS Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2015.

Phone call initially and then followed by in person. Was not previously warned that I would be meeting more than one individual and was interviewed by 10 different people one day. They asked me to do anything ranging from problems on a white board to cold decimal percentages of large numbers. Great opportunity but was extremely uncomfortable with the emphasis on intimidation, which worked in some sense but at times just seemed overdone.

Summer Analyst Florida Interview

Applied through university career center. Got on campus interview. 2 interviewers, 30 min each. Mostly behavioral questions based on your resume. Asked about DCF, WACC. Just one round interview. Got result in one week.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know why Deutsche Bank set up CB&S division at Florida?   Answer Question