Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

Summer Analyst Interview

Initial communications began in the Fall. After completing the online application, I was contacted about a week later to notify me that I was selected for a two-on-one first round interview.

Coming from a non-target school, I arrived and interviewed with all the other non-target candidates on the same day.

The interview itself was pretty straight forward. Your basic fit questions as well as some basic knowledge questions on financial markets. Overall I would say it was not a particularly difficult interview, as it seemed to be only fit based.

The hardest parts were definitely the follow-up questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions asked in a overall pretty benign interview were the "Why should we hire you?" and "What do you think about the markets."   Answer Question

Summer Analyst, Sales and Trading Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2015.

Had a 2 on 1 on campus interview. Asked me basic questions- why s&t, why DB, tell us about one time you failed, etc. Inquired about activities and time commitments listed on my resume. Interviewers were fairly cold, probed my answers pretty thoroughly and did not seem moved by my reasoning. At the end they asked me to describe the current markets and then let me ask them a few questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why banking, why DB, why would you be good at it, what are good traits for someone in sales and trading?   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2015.

2 rounds interviews at the NYC office; first round 30 minuets interview with associates (mostly behavioral with two technical questions.) second round with VPs for 2 hours, and would be notified with an internship offer or not by the end of the second round.

DbAchieve Sophomore Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

They emailed you the invite to the super day. The day starts with a 2-on-1 interview in the morning. Late morning/Early Afternoon, they called back like half of us for the second round. Second round is two 1-on-1 interviews. Overall pretty chill process. Mostly behavioral. They will ask some technicals if you have anything technical on your resume.

Intern Interview

Interview and Superdays. it was a good experience and there was a lot to learn and experience. the peopel were very nice and accomodating. technical in interviews. but if your lucky, can get a little bit looser of an interviewer

Agile Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Pretty relaxed interview. Questions that were asked were based off of my resume for the most part. For example "Tell me about blank and how you would say it changed you or your outlook." At the end of the interview they give you a chance to ask them any questions.

Interview Questions
    • What was the time when you are faced with a cultural difference and how did you adapt?   Answer Question
    A set pay scale for the 4-6 months of training and then a salary is negotiated if you are offered a full time position

Summer Analyst Interview

It is a sophomore program. I got the invitation through email, and it was a first round interview in New York. I interviewed with two people from different industry group. Since I don't have many relevant experiences, most of the questions are behavioral and related to my resume.

Technology Investment Banking Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

was reached out to after applying through my university by an alumni. he was very friendly. we had an initial phone call for 30 minutes. He told me a lot about the firm and his own work and gave me a lot of time for questions, so have a handful of smart questions ready. very straightforward interview. asked about my thoughts on a couple of markets.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

2 on 1 interview. one of the interviewers was the technical side and the other was behavioral. Basically just went through my resume. very friendly and seems like a good place to work. they spoke to each other a little, which eased off some of the tension. asked me to walk him through a DCF and then wanted me to discuss WACC.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through a DCF. What is WACC and how do you calculate it?   Answer Question

Global Markets Trading Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

It was on campus interview.
    I interviewed with a guy from England.

It was typical one-on-one interview between me and a hiring manager.
    The interviewer will ask questions about my experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking in the optimal candidate for the job.

Interview Questions
    • What if you have bad colleague in your team?
      How can you handle?