Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Global Transaction Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Very formal extremely professional. Look Posh! Be on your A game and network as much as you can. This is banking, not only do you need to know your stuff but also know your people. Try to understand what GTB is what type of serive it provides and what products it has. Wouldn't hurt to name drop of people that you networked with either. It's a prestigious place, very competitive so work hard and you will def play hard!

Interview Questions

• Why DB? Why GTB? Describe yourself? Give history? Excel questions. What is GTB? The usual   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Cary, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I don't usually like to share the interview process publicly but I am really frustrated at my interview today. They had a hiring event and it was a 45 min face-face screening.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java Questions, some knowledge-based questions about threads - different locks classes, concurrency classes etc. which I had no idea about. Then a coding question - reverse last n nodes of a linked list.   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Hiring manager did an interview followed by onsite interview. Onsite interview included my interest followed by resume screen a programming test and several brain teasers. The interview include 8 people each for 1 hour and asking a variety of technical questions.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and university alumni at firm secured superday spots. Superday consisted of 30 minute first round interview with two associates. If selected, move on to two 30 minute final round interviews with director / managing directors.

Interview Questions

• Can you name some of the valuation methodologies?   1 Answer
    • Can you walk me through how an investment banker would help to sell a company? (walk me through the sell-side process)   Answer Question

Compliance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Initial "getting-to-know-you" teleconference, followed by several 1-on-1 phone calls with the team, and one in person interview. The process was very fast at first. It was suggested that they were expected to hire sooner rather than later, but the process became completely non-transparent after formal interviews were completed. The onus was on the candidate to be in touch, rather than the Hiring Manager. Not an good process at all - radio silence for months is not a good way to appeal to interested candidates. Also said they'd reimburse for the trip to NYC, which they later decided not to make good on.

Equities Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2015.

Interview

It was an average process however it took quite a while to complete. there were changes to the role through out the process. This ultimately resulted in my decision not to proceed in considering the opening.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Met with the hiring manager at their branch in SF as well as a few other people on their team, it was a little bit unstructured but also casual than other banks and they were very nice.

Interview Questions

• What was a class you took in college that stuck out to you the most?   Answer Question

Voice Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Many interviews with different people in many different places in the world. Got interviewed in 5 different sessions, most done over the phone. Spoke of past experiences working in technologies.

Interview Questions

• Mostly talked on core competencies question and technician experience.   Answer Question

Train to Hire Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Interview with 2 individuals who ask you basic questions about yourself. Informed me about the process and what the program was. Nothing asked about finance or related to finance. Asked a little about Deutsche Bank and if I have ever heard of it. What sparked my interest to apply for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you stepped outside your comfort zone?   Answer Question

Train to Hire Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a quick 20-25 minutes long interview with 2 non HR representatives. Got there 10 minutes early, the HR rep I met at the school career fair showed me in, waited about 10 minutes and then went into interview room. There were 4 interview rooms interviewing every 20-25 minutes so seemed like a recruiting day for them.

Interview Questions

• Why Deutsche Bank? A lot of behavioral questions, tell me a time when....   Answer Question