Deutsche Bank

Updated Nov 18, 2014

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Was interviewed on campus by two people for a summer internship. Both interviews lasted about 45 minutes each. The second interview was held the following day after the first and they extended the internship offer the day after the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • How many gallons of paint were sold in the United States in one year.   Answer Question
    No there was no negotiation. It was more of a take it or leave it case.

Corporate Finance Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

On campus interview. Pretty easy interview. Mostly fit questions. Asked about my favorite class what not... It went pretty smoothly. Invited back for the final round. There were cocktails the next night. Networking event. It was nice to get to chat with them in a social setting. Then finally an on campus final interview. Again, no technical questions really, which was surprising. Mostly fit questions. They seemed to really like me already and wanted to gauge my interest more so than test me on any technical stuff, which was lucky for me I guess.

Interview Questions

Another firm's offer was more enticing

Assistant Vice President Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

one HR interview, two Managers interview then show around the place, there are two floors, 1st floor one side seems very tense, where all other floors are more lively, overall nothing special of this place, didn't feel like a fun place working environment

no career growth

Train to Hire Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank in July 2014.

I applied after graduating FSU through the career center at the school. I got an email asking for a phone interview shortly after applying. The phone interview was very short, just basic questions such as "Why do you want to work for Deutsche Bank?" and "Why did you choose your major?". After that she asked if I would come in for an in-office interview. This time I spoke with a recruiter who was very nice and easy to talk to. She asked many behavioral questions that needed examples to be answered. They weren't terrible, just took some thought. Overall, it went well and after a couple weeks I was offered a spot in the program in the compliance group.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to explain your position to someone who disagreed with you.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in July 2014.

1 on 1 phone then in person with follow up. Calls and emails and texts exchanged. Professional with high expectations and very transparent. Want to see credibility. Hiring manager was very sincere and held high expectations for success. Ability to produce is a must and entrepreneurial background is respected.

DB Achieve Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

I found out about it through school career website; two interview rounds, both at their NYC office. First round were managers who conducted very friendly interviews and the final was with senior managers who were more serious and did both behavioral and technical with a slight emphasis on behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • How did you conduct a currency trade transaction and how much money did you make/lose?   Answer Question

Senor Software Engineer/Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in May 2014.

1) Applied onlne; Deutsche Bank Recruiter reaches out - after a 15-min. conversation resume is forwarded for internal manager review. Couple of more internal recruiters do a smooth hand-off and schedule interview times. - Pleasant conversation and process.

2) 1hr - Telephone interview with hiring manger. Very pleasant to talk with, explained position and role - made this interviewee fell at-ease. After conversation, actual role has a narrower scope than position's description - with a heavy focus on SQL/prepared statements to support eSpear - an award-winning (2002) but aging back-end system.

3) Not a good match, and this interviewee was not the best prepared. Would give Deutsche Bank thumbs up on the process.

Interview Questions
    • Mapping objects/class composition/aggregation/inheritance to table (in all fairness - after mentioning I was rusty on joins, it served as an invitation for further questions on this topic)   View Answer
    • Abstract class vs. Inheritance   View Answer

Analyst Interview

telephone then face to face in 5 rounds

Assistant Vice President - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

It began with a phone interview then went to a one on one and then finally a group panel interview. There was a background check (criminal and credit). You have to give your fingerprints and take a drug test. There was a personality screening and some problem solving questions. They group interview is to see how likable you are. If you get to this point they have already determined that you have the skills for the job and now they are just seeing if you will fit with the team. If you can avoid being totally arrogant during this stage you have a very good shot at an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What newspapers and magazines do you read and why?   View Answer
    They have a pay range band. I was told there was no negotiation and I'd come in at the bottom of the pay band.

Assistant Vice President - Technology Interview

easy to medium level...4 interviews in person. focus on what previous projects were.