Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

Global Markets Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2015.

One round phone interview, including behavioural questions and basic questions such as" talk about what's new on the markets", basically to test whether you are following the market properly.
    Final interview includes two rounds. Interviewee meet with two interviewers each time. The final interview is very technical, includes lots of follow-up questions. There were several basic math questions but not very difficult. I was also asked "what's the gdp growth rate of India?" "what's the relation between Rubble and some southeast countries currencies" "plan QE as you are ECB"

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers tried to get to know your capacity to compare different markets and allocate resources. It's helpful to know fundamentals and economic policies of all the important economies.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2015.

Applied through on Campus Recruiting, needed a minimum 3.5. Had not spoken with anyone at DB Jacksonville before the interview. No Technical questions, just wanted to get to know me and why I wanted to work for Deutsche Bank and in Jacksonville. The Guys were pretty chill and the interview was very conversational. They emphasized the growth of their group in Jacksonville.

Group Technology & Operations Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2015.

Applied through my university careers website. Had a 30-minute 2:1 on-campus interview on Monday. The interview was mostly behavioral and flowed very well. Received a call that night inviting me to the superday that Friday in NYC. Superday was two back-to-back 30-minute interviews. The first was like my on-campus interview being a 2:1 and mainly behavioral. My last interview was a 1:1. The interviewer asked a conceptual programming question to see how I thought and then asked me a few behavioral questions. Received a phone call the following Monday offering me a position. Overall, I really enjoyed the process. My interviewers were tremendous and very enthusiastic about their job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you present moving data to the cloud when there are security concerns?   Answer Question

CMBS Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2015.

Phone call initially and then followed by in person. Was not previously warned that I would be meeting more than one individual and was interviewed by 10 different people one day. They asked me to do anything ranging from problems on a white board to cold decimal percentages of large numbers. Great opportunity but was extremely uncomfortable with the emphasis on intimidation, which worked in some sense but at times just seemed overdone.

Corporate Banking and Securities Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2015.

Went to the office and had two half-hour interviews with a couple of managers. They were nice enough and didn't ask technical questions, mainly wanted to tell me about the office, the structure of the internship, and ask me about myself. Overall not bad, but make sure you can convey your passion for banking or for whatever you are applying for.

Summer Analyst Florida Interview

Applied through university career center. Got on campus interview. 2 interviewers, 30 min each. Mostly behavioral questions based on your resume. Asked about DCF, WACC. Just one round interview. Got result in one week.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know why Deutsche Bank set up CB&S division at Florida?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2015.

One screening phone interview and two panel interviews with senior people (7+ years work experience) in New York for the Hong Kong position. Technical and market based questions. Look very deep into resume. There was a translation test after the second panel interview........ Got the offer very soon and the HR is very nice to answer your questions.

CB&S Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

On campus recruiting at a target school. Had name pulled after an information session, selected for first round interview. One on one interview, meshed well with interviewer and was called back for on-site super day. One 45 minute 2:1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about what's happening with rates right now. What will happen at the Fed's next meeting? What is the mandate of the fed? What's your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Applied to db Achieve online. Flown to NY for interviews for the Sales&Trading position, went through first and final round interviews. The first round had two interviewers and was 30 minutes; the final round had two 30 minute interviews each with two interviewers.

Corporate Banking and Securities Markets Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Initial communication was through email, the entire internship process took a week since the day I was contacted. Had two interviews total. The interview time was sort of bad; it was during finals. However, they were flexible and instead of an in person interview, I opted for a phone interview instead. People were very friendly and it was an educational experience.