Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

Assistant Vice President - Technology Interview

easy to medium level...4 interviews in person. focus on what previous projects were.

Assistant Vice President - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

It began with a phone interview then went to a one on one and then finally a group panel interview. There was a background check (criminal and credit). You have to give your fingerprints and take a drug test. There was a personality screening and some problem solving questions. They group interview is to see how likable you are. If you get to this point they have already determined that you have the skills for the job and now they are just seeing if you will fit with the team. If you can avoid being totally arrogant during this stage you have a very good shot at an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What newspapers and magazines do you read and why?   View Answer
    They have a pay range band. I was told there was no negotiation and I'd come in at the bottom of the pay band.

Global Technology - Analyst Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2013.

First initial communication was with the recruiter and my telephone. It seemed like it was very last minute and that they needed to reach a certain interview quota. I was given and interview date and time. I arrived at their offices and was told that another candidate was currently being interviewed and I would be next. Then I was presented with a notebook and brought to a small snack/drink bar. My interview was mostly behavioral with a few technical or situational questions. I was interviewed by two workers in a group style presentation.

Interview Questions
    • How you would go about deciding how many elevators are needed for this office building?   View Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Deutsche Bank?   Answer Question

Group Technology and Operations Internship Interview

Applied through career center and was asked to interview a month later. First interview in January with 2 on 1 good cop, bad cop kind of setting. Then made it to the final round a month after that and same 2 on 1 setting, but it was more based on behavioral stuff.

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in June 2011.

They take it seriously, it's not unusual to have 4 -5 interviews just for an internal move.

Interview Questions
    • What you don't like about your current manager. It's hard to feel that will stay confidential.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2014.

Went to a networking session, got called for a super day of sorts at their Wall St. headquarters with was a morning interview session and a callback for an afternoon interview session.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how purchasing a piece of $10million equipment would affect the financial statements in year one and going into perpetuity   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2013.

After submitting a resume and cover letter, I was contacted by HR to schedule an initial phone interview. The phone interview was with the prospective supervisor, was in-depth and lasted about one hour. A couple of days after the phone interview, I was contacted for an in office interview. This interview was conducted by two staff members whom I would be working with. It was an in depth and pleasant interview. This interview lasted no more than one hour. A follow up phone interview with London office staff was then scheduled about one week later. This interview was more challenging, but informative.

A few days later I was contacted by HR to be notified that they were interested in hiring me, but as it was the end of the year they needed to finalize budget details before making a formal offer. At that time HR indicated that employment would commence in January of 2014 and asked if I would be ok with the wait and I stated that I would be ok with it. HR also stated during this conversation that would provide plenty of time to gather required pay stub information, as well as allow for time to go through the background check and ID process. In the meantime, I provided the requested salary information and discontinued my job search. When January came, I contacted HR to find out when they expected to formalize their offer and was told the situation was still 'status quo'. I continued to be in touch twice a week for the duration of the month and was given the same status each time. At no time did they mention the position was no longer available, or that they were no longer interested in hiring me. In fact, I was told that I was a great candidate and they would love to hire me but understood if I couldn't wait for their formal offer as they couldn't provide a time frame when it would be forthcoming. I discontinued contacting them when February came and they no also made no attempt to contact me further. To this day, I have no idea what happened.

Word of advice to candidates: if made an offer over the phone, insist on getting that re-iterated in writing via email. Also, do not discontinue your job search until you are in the door, even after being made an verbal offer, as it may not come through.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to defend your experience, and have detail knowledge of past projects you have worked on.   Answer Question

GT Agile Part-Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2013.

I gave a recruiter my resume at my school's job fair and was contacted within a few days to do a phone screening the following week. After the phone screening, physical interview at Deutsche Bank's Jacksonville offices was scheduled about two weeks later. I was interviewed by three people at once, all jumping in to ask questions. They couldn't tell me what position they were trying to fill or what I would actually be doing if I got hired. Rather, they have people from various departments just throw questions at you to see if you're right for their department. This made for a pretty disjointed interview, in my opinion. I believe I didn't get an offer because I ultimately want to go into software development, and they only have positions for tech support and database management at this branch. US-based software development for DB is done in NC. I never heard back with a rejection letter even though I e-mailed the recruiter to check up and request a status update.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical questions. The questions were all about my goals and my experiences and how I would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Sales Associateo, Institutional Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in May 2012.

Transitioned from middle office to front office role, so the desk already knew me and what I was capable of. It was a very easy transition and the most intense part was figuring out how to be aggressive without being overly aggressive

None, internal move.

Global Market Analyst Interview

On campus interview & on site interview