Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Applied to db Achieve online. Flown to NY for interviews for the Sales&Trading position, went through first and final round interviews. The first round had two interviewers and was 30 minutes; the final round had two 30 minute interviews each with two interviewers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Initial communication was through email, the entire internship process took a week since the day I was contacted. Had two interviews total. The interview time was sort of bad; it was during finals. However, they were flexible and instead of an in person interview, I opted for a phone interview instead. People were very friendly and it was an educational experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Submitted resume through school career website. Got a phone call about a week later for an onsite interview at DB's headquarter. The interview took about 30 minutes. Basically just went over the resume in details and lots of behavioral questions. There might be some technical questions if you have a tech background.

Interview Questions

• What are the current challenges the financial market is facing right now?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Went to two interviews. The first was more technical questions and questions about prior experiences on my resume- There were a few problem solving questions as well. The second interview was more about my experience in work related situations: lots of questions like, "Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a superior" or "Tell me about a time when you worked with a team and someone did not fully participate."

Interview Questions

• You have two jugs- a five gallon jug and a three gallon jug. You have an endless supply of water and nothing else. Without using any type of estimation, how would you get exactly four gallons in the jugs.   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Interview

Initial interview with HR, then interviews with hiring managers. Competency assessments for numerical and methodical reasoning. Questions based around awareness of banking industry, technology, and experience of university project work.

Interview Questions

• When have you employed an innovative approach to solving a problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2014.

Interview

Submitted application via University Job Posting. 1st rounds are two 30 minute interviews that were purely technical. Some questions seemed as though they were a test of how you did under pressure, as opposed to actual finance knowledge, but it doesn't hurt to actually know all of the answers.

Called back for superday in office. 5 interviews, 20 minutes each. Everyone was extremely friendly and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know you personally. Easily the most enjoyable superday process I had gone through. First round was much more technical than the superday.

Interview Questions

• -Walk me through an LBO
      -How would you approximate the IRR of an LBO without a calculator?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, all interns are paid the same

Research Analyst, Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and after what seemed quite a while, got an email from the recruiting team asking if I was interested for the position.
    After I replied with a yes, I got a phone call the following day where they talked about the position and what they were looking for and asked me to talk about myself. Very basic phone call.
    Next, they invited me for the super day while on call and sent me an email with the formalities and information. The interview was for 1.5 hours with 30 mins of back-to-back interviewing with the people from the team. This was scheduled for one week after the phone call.

The interview was in NY at their Wall St office. My time slot had two other students with me who'd flown in from different cities.
    The first interview was casual. I was asked to talk about myself and stuff listed on the resume. There were a few behavioral questions. And that's about it. In short, there was nothing that stood out. Very general.
    The second interview was again related to my resume. Nothing behavioral. I was asked questions about my views on the market and my courses in school.
    The third interview was again market and project related. I was asked questions about my project in much detail though, not just the overview.

The interviewers were friendly sure, but they seemed distracted. I would've said that it was maybe my fault, and it surely could've been, but the way they started talking from the go itself felt as if they were doing it for formality sake, I guess. It wasn't a bad experience, but it wasn't what I expected it to be either.
    Also, I read a lot of interview reviews for DB here, but this wasn't like them. These interviewers weren't there for the behavioral skills and confidence. They wanted someone who was really good with markets, and more.

Interview Questions

• What are your views on the market at the moment?   Answer Question
    • What are your views on the oil prices?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had a difference of opinion between you and your teammate   Answer Question
    • Tell me something, anything, that you would like to change about yourself   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2014.

Interview

Applied through the college career services website. Received an email two weeks before the interview. The challenge was that the interview took place during the finals week. Overall, positive experience from the interview. Was asked only behavioral questions, no technical / market / analytical questions. The only downside was that they said they would call later the same day to inform about your status in both cases (selected / not selected), and they never called.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or very difficult. Behavioral questions: tell me about time you had to work in a team.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Pretty intimidating setup, as all the candidates waited in a lobby and got taken one by one to interview rooms. 2 vs 1 interviews, mostly fit questions and talking about resume/why banking

Interview Questions

• Comment on a certain stock/company, how they have been doing recently, and their stock price   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

It was very friendly I got invited by the HR Person for a phone interview and really enjoyed the experience. I had a great conversation with my interviewers it was really kind and professional and had a good time talking.