Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Cary, NC).

Interview

I applied to DB through my university's career website. I had never spoken with a recruiter or employee of DB beforehand but was offered an interview. The first round interview consisted of standard behavioral questions (name a time you had to lead a group) technical questions relevant to the job (what are the 3 types of joins - didn't know that one) and brain teasers.

Called back within the week, the second round was effectively the same thing with a slightly heavier technical component. I was asked to write an SQL query but nothing more. More brain-teasers in this one as well. Both of these interviews were with two managers each. Took 3 weeks to recieve a callback from that. (Note, this location was growing and was in all-hand-on-deck hiring mode)

Interview Questions

• Name the 3 types of SQL joins and the differences between them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not attempt negotiation as an intern - good offer the first time.

Markets Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

The interview involved 3 separate one-on-one interviews for 30 minutes each. Most of the questions were focused on the resume. There were no technical or behavioral questions. The seriousness of each interviewer increased as the day progressed. The first one was laid-back and nice, while the other two were very serious.

Interview Questions

• They asked the reasoning behind decisions/ events on the resume. Not too difficult.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2014.

Interview

First had an on campus interview with 2 members of the technology team, followed by an interview at the office with another 2 members of technology. Then a person who had just completed the program gave a tour of their office building. Still waiting to hear back after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Frequently use brain teasers it seems and analyze your thinking process.   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2014.

Interview

They recruited from my university via a resume drop. Two people from the Compliance group came to campus to interview students for the whole day. Within a day I was invited to the second round interview on location, where I met two others in a conference room. Within one day of notification, I was expected to be on location. It was hard to do this with such short notice.

The interview itself was chaotic, to say the least. They claim to want candidates from varying background but they only want law students. The interview lasted 20 minutes and they did not give a tour. It was hard to justify driving 8 hours for it.

I was told that I would get a reply within a week. Now, 4 weeks later and no reply - even after sending a thank you note a day after the interview and a follow-up two weeks later. It's as if I dreamt up this interview with the level of radio silence that I am being subjected to.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting. Interviewed in the morning and recieved an invite to superday at the office the next day. Interviews were not bad at all. There were 4 interviews, each of them 20 minutes long with teams of two. Analysts all the way up to the MD interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• How does a 10 million dollar decrease in depreciation affect the 3 financial statements?   Answer Question
    • What is higher? Cost of equity or cost of debt?   Answer Question
    • Why are manhole covers round?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

I had the interview set up by a DB recruiter. The interview itself was very easy going. They really just wanted to see if I would be a good fit for the team and of course asked about my prior work experience and what I did on a daily basis. I got an email first thing the next day saying that things looked favorable along with pre-employment paperwork. I received the official offer letter three months later, then an additional two weeks for background check before they confirmed a start date.

Interview Questions

Interview

First interviewed on campus, then interviewed later on site. The entire process spanned over 3 months. Overall, the people were very nice and I was able to meet with people over multiple days when visiting on site.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process is pretty general. It comes with first round phone interview, just asked some questions about resume and behavioral questions, such as leadership, teamwork, most like course. The next is onsite interview, first round in the morning then if you do well, they will call you back to have a final round in the afternoon.

Corporate Banking Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2014.

Interview

After the initial CV screening process, you are invited into a first-round interview, which consists of two different interviews with employees at different levels. The structure of the interview is: personal questions related to your CV, industry-related questions and brain teasers. Finally you are allowed to ask questions about the position/company/experience. If you pass this first round, you are invited to a second round.

Global Markets Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2014.

Interview

2 day process. The first day was 2 rounds (2-on-1 style) in person, networking reception for those called back, 2 final round interviews (also 2-on-1) the following day. Offer a few hours later.

Interview Questions

• What is 9.4 divided by 2.7?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation.