Deutsche Bank

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2014.

Went to a networking session, got called for a super day of sorts at their Wall St. headquarters with was a morning interview session and a callback for an afternoon interview session.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how purchasing a piece of $10million equipment would affect the financial statements in year one and going into perpetuity   View Answer

Winter Internship Interview

Basic question about the role and division which in my case is Trade Finance

Interview Questions
    At the end of interview, I got an offer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Initial phone call, then a half day with several interviews in person.

Interview Questions
    • Using object notation, how would you solve this problem. Then the problem was posed.   View Answer
    pretty simple. they would not accept any counter offer. their offer was as good as it got.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

One interview over the phone and one interview in person

Interview Questions
    Yes, they offered me 33K but I declined and they increased the offer to 35000.

Group Technology and Operation Interview

on campus interview, I gave recruiters my resume and they called me the same day asking me to prepare an interview tomorrow. Most of them were just behavioral questions, no surprising questions. You will experience one 30-min interview with one or two interviewers. I need to point out that this division do hire business analysts, but I think the number is relatively limited. They hire most CS major students.

Interview Questions
    • "Show me an example that you dealt with large amount of data"   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

I applied through college on-campus recruiting through a resume drop. I was then contacted a week later for a 1st round interview. The interviewer was very friendly and most of the questions were "fit" questions. I was asked about my previous summer experiences, favorite class, and why I was interested in the position/firm.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe 3 different valuation methodologies and a pro and con of each.   Answer Question

Healthcare Investment Banking Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Had one twenty minute phone call- mostly fit questions.
    One month later I was asked to come to the superday.
    I met with 4 different people for 30 minutes each.
    Since I did not have I have finance background I was not asked technical questions.
    Everyone was extremely friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Why Db? Why banking? Why ibanking? How do ibankers evaluate companies?   Answer Question

ECM Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2013.

First round and super day in NY (paid for all expenses). First round with brainteasers and math questions. Final rounds with MD's and a lot more behavioral/fit/just a normal conversation. No surprises and the MD's were all very friendly. Found out the next day if I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your self, stock pitch, market questions, make sure you know every line on your resume and can explain why you made certain choices   Answer Question

Sophomore Summer Program In Sales & Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2013.

I sent in my cover letter/resume and was invited to interview in December. I was interviewed by 2 analysts. Questions were classic behavioral questions. There were one or two questions about the state of financial markets. They really pushed me on why I wanted to do Finance given my lack of a background in Finance.

Analyst Interview

1st round: Phone screening with associates.
    2nd round: In office interviews with directors and VP's.
    Mostly fit interviews with a few technical questions. The majority of questions asked were about walking the interviewer through resume, why I would like to work for DB and whether or not I had an offer at my last firm.