Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

Markets Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

The interview involved 3 separate one-on-one interviews for 30 minutes each. Most of the questions were focused on the resume. There were no technical or behavioral questions. The seriousness of each interviewer increased as the day progressed. The first one was laid-back and nice, while the other two were very serious.

Interview Questions
    • They asked the reasoning behind decisions/ events on the resume. Not too difficult.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2014.

Applied through on campus recruiting. Interviewed in the morning and recieved an invite to superday at the office the next day. Interviews were not bad at all. There were 4 interviews, each of them 20 minutes long with teams of two. Analysts all the way up to the MD interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • How does a 10 million dollar decrease in depreciation affect the 3 financial statements?   Answer Question
    • What is higher? Cost of equity or cost of debt?   Answer Question
    • Why are manhole covers round?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2014.

First had an on campus interview with 2 members of the technology team, followed by an interview at the office with another 2 members of technology. Then a person who had just completed the program gave a tour of their office building. Still waiting to hear back after the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Frequently use brain teasers it seems and analyze your thinking process.   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2014.

They recruited from my university via a resume drop. Two people from the Compliance group came to campus to interview students for the whole day. Within a day I was invited to the second round interview on location, where I met two others in a conference room. Within one day of notification, I was expected to be on location. It was hard to do this with such short notice.

The interview itself was chaotic, to say the least. They claim to want candidates from varying background but they only want law students. The interview lasted 20 minutes and they did not give a tour. It was hard to justify driving 8 hours for it.

I was told that I would get a reply within a week. Now, 4 weeks later and no reply - even after sending a thank you note a day after the interview and a follow-up two weeks later. It's as if I dreamt up this interview with the level of radio silence that I am being subjected to.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2014.

I had the interview set up by a DB recruiter. The interview itself was very easy going. They really just wanted to see if I would be a good fit for the team and of course asked about my prior work experience and what I did on a daily basis. I got an email first thing the next day saying that things looked favorable along with pre-employment paperwork. I received the official offer letter three months later, then an additional two weeks for background check before they confirmed a start date.

Analyst - Technology Interview

First interviewed on campus, then interviewed later on site. The entire process spanned over 3 months. Overall, the people were very nice and I was able to meet with people over multiple days when visiting on site.

Asset Wealth Management Global Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2014.

The interview process is pretty general. It comes with first round phone interview, just asked some questions about resume and behavioral questions, such as leadership, teamwork, most like course. The next is onsite interview, first round in the morning then if you do well, they will call you back to have a final round in the afternoon.

Corporate Banking Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2014.

After the initial CV screening process, you are invited into a first-round interview, which consists of two different interviews with employees at different levels. The structure of the interview is: personal questions related to your CV, industry-related questions and brain teasers. Finally you are allowed to ask questions about the position/company/experience. If you pass this first round, you are invited to a second round.

Global Markets Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2014.

2 day process. The first day was 2 rounds (2-on-1 style) in person, networking reception for those called back, 2 final round interviews (also 2-on-1) the following day. Offer a few hours later.

No Negotiation.

Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

3 rounds of interview, telephonic and skype round. Questions asked related to your work by putting out the scenarios and judging how person answers it. Clear and crisp interview process