Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

It was very friendly I got invited by the HR Person for a phone interview and really enjoyed the experience. I had a great conversation with my interviewers it was really kind and professional and had a good time talking.

GTO Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

3 interviews total.
    First round (30 min) with two HR interviewers. They called that evening with their decision to invite applicants back to the final round or to send them home.
    The final round was two 30 min interviews, each with two interviewers. This took place on a Friday and I had a call with an offer that night.
    Overall experience: It was really fun. I enjoyed my conversations with all my interviewers and had a good time meeting and helping the other applicants with their questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      What was your most difficult technical problem?
      What was your biggest problem leading x? How did you communicate that?
      How do you analyze data? What is your experience? What is your approach?
      What is the climate of the market? What recent news do you know about DB?
      Technical questions: Linux, hash maps, scope, java questions, etc. They also had some hypothetical algorithm questions but there was no live coding.

Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Cary, NC).

Interview

I applied to DB through my university's career website. I had never spoken with a recruiter or employee of DB beforehand but was offered an interview. The first round interview consisted of standard behavioral questions (name a time you had to lead a group) technical questions relevant to the job (what are the 3 types of joins - didn't know that one) and brain teasers.

Called back within the week, the second round was effectively the same thing with a slightly heavier technical component. I was asked to write an SQL query but nothing more. More brain-teasers in this one as well. Both of these interviews were with two managers each. Took 3 weeks to recieve a callback from that. (Note, this location was growing and was in all-hand-on-deck hiring mode)

Interview Questions

• Name the 3 types of SQL joins and the differences between them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not attempt negotiation as an intern - good offer the first time.

Markets Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

The interview involved 3 separate one-on-one interviews for 30 minutes each. Most of the questions were focused on the resume. There were no technical or behavioral questions. The seriousness of each interviewer increased as the day progressed. The first one was laid-back and nice, while the other two were very serious.

Interview Questions

• They asked the reasoning behind decisions/ events on the resume. Not too difficult.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting. Interviewed in the morning and recieved an invite to superday at the office the next day. Interviews were not bad at all. There were 4 interviews, each of them 20 minutes long with teams of two. Analysts all the way up to the MD interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• How does a 10 million dollar decrease in depreciation affect the 3 financial statements?   Answer Question
    • What is higher? Cost of equity or cost of debt?   Answer Question
    • Why are manhole covers round?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2014.

Interview

First had an on campus interview with 2 members of the technology team, followed by an interview at the office with another 2 members of technology. Then a person who had just completed the program gave a tour of their office building. Still waiting to hear back after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Frequently use brain teasers it seems and analyze your thinking process.   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2014.

Interview

They recruited from my university via a resume drop. Two people from the Compliance group came to campus to interview students for the whole day. Within a day I was invited to the second round interview on location, where I met two others in a conference room. Within one day of notification, I was expected to be on location. It was hard to do this with such short notice.

The interview itself was chaotic, to say the least. They claim to want candidates from varying background but they only want law students. The interview lasted 20 minutes and they did not give a tour. It was hard to justify driving 8 hours for it.

I was told that I would get a reply within a week. Now, 4 weeks later and no reply - even after sending a thank you note a day after the interview and a follow-up two weeks later. It's as if I dreamt up this interview with the level of radio silence that I am being subjected to.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

I had the interview set up by a DB recruiter. The interview itself was very easy going. They really just wanted to see if I would be a good fit for the team and of course asked about my prior work experience and what I did on a daily basis. I got an email first thing the next day saying that things looked favorable along with pre-employment paperwork. I received the official offer letter three months later, then an additional two weeks for background check before they confirmed a start date.

Train to Hire Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Tallahassee, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online through my school's career website and was selected for an interview a couple days after. Interview was very difficult be prepared to answer question swiftly. One thirty minutes interview with two Deutsche bank employees, heard back very quickly

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. After completing the program, you're offered a teacher salary.

Interview

First interviewed on campus, then interviewed later on site. The entire process spanned over 3 months. Overall, the people were very nice and I was able to meet with people over multiple days when visiting on site.