Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

ECM Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2013.

First round and super day in NY (paid for all expenses). First round with brainteasers and math questions. Final rounds with MD's and a lot more behavioral/fit/just a normal conversation. No surprises and the MD's were all very friendly. Found out the next day if I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your self, stock pitch, market questions, make sure you know every line on your resume and can explain why you made certain choices   Answer Question

Healthcare Investment Banking Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Had one twenty minute phone call- mostly fit questions.
    One month later I was asked to come to the superday.
    I met with 4 different people for 30 minutes each.
    Since I did not have I have finance background I was not asked technical questions.
    Everyone was extremely friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Why Db? Why banking? Why ibanking? How do ibankers evaluate companies?   Answer Question

Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2013.

I interviewed with DB at a convention. They were very nice and professional. However, they were a tad dry (definitely more of a serious interview). After the initial interview, I was contacted a few weeks later for an onsite. However I declined.

Most of the questions asked were either behavioral, or based on some of my technical experience. Be prepared to discuss anything on your resume. Also, many of the questions were about working in different group dynamics, so have a few examples of group or team projects and experiences in mind.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a technical problem you had to solve.   View Answer

Reconciliations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in September 2013.

No problem, very insightful and thorough

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2009.

Interviewed by team and management in different sessions

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2011.

Hiring for investment banking associates is done mostly at the top MBA programs. Our class is composed of alumni from Wharton, HBS, Booth, Columbia, MIT, and other top 10 programs. Focus on fit since DB has a strong culture of diversity and passion to pursue perfection in our work. Prepare your answers in advance since the questions are the typical IB interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you get such a low GMAT? (I have 720)   View Answer
    Offered and accepted on the spot!

DbAchieve Program Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2012.

Applied to program in November of sophomore year, heard back in early February and was invited to the first/final round interview at their NY office. They flew me up and it was only 20 minutes. It was a 2:1 interview, with one MD from banking, one MD from Sales. Mostly behavioral questions about team work, leadership and such. One market related question about US and European economy, and your typical why DB, why this program, why finance questions. They did ask about my past experience in finance, but for me that's very limited, which didn't seem to be an issue. Curiosity was the main thing, and that I'd done some research on my end to back up why I was interested in the program.

Interview Questions
    It was an internship - no negotiation.

Analyst Interview

1st round: Phone screening with associates.
    2nd round: In office interviews with directors and VP's.
    Mostly fit interviews with a few technical questions. The majority of questions asked were about walking the interviewer through resume, why I would like to work for DB and whether or not I had an offer at my last firm.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Interviewed on campus. Very straight forward interview.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

I applied through college website and got my first round interview after a week. There were 3 hiring managers and I interviewed with each of them for about 20 minutes. The interview was very simple and straightforward -- typical behavioral and hypothetical questions. It could get technical if you have relevant investment banking experiences.