Deutsche Bank

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview

Interview Question – most behavioral for first interview   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had phone interview with associate. Asked the standard investment banking questions for the first round including technicals and what I did this summer. HR got back within a week for invite for superday. Superday the was the following week. Flew out and had four interviews; met with associates and up in the team. Received an offer the night of.

Interview Question – Lets say you're a company and you're paying your employees with all cash. Now you decide to pay them half with cash and half with stock compensation. How does this effect the three statements?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details – I applied through my college's campus recruiting website. My first round interview was on campus. They asked a lot of questions about my resume and then why I wanted to be in banking. Second round was at DB and was very similar but more specific about details. Only one on site interview. I then toured a couple of groups and received the offer later in the day.

Interview Question – What is your experience with finance?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in September 2013.

Interview Details – First round. 1 hour interview with three people from the bank, including one HR and two senior managers. The interview was pretty straight forward, the HR will talk with you about different programs they offer and other two ask some basic behavioral questions and technical questions. They are very friendly people.

Interview Question – walk me through your resume.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deutsche Bank

Interview Details – First got an email from an analyst. One round of phone interviews. Next round was out in the office for the super day. Met with six members of the team, three two on one interviews. Mix of fit and technicals.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in June 2013.

Interview Details – You apply for a program called "Practical Working Experience Program" through their career site. If you pass the initial screening, you get to take a IQ-similar test and get a first round interview. Once you pass the first test, you will be invited to a second-round, in which you will talk with the VP.

Interview Question – Very Technical Question: I was very surprised because not a lot of investment banking firms ask questions about EVA method. However, Deutsche asked me how EVA value is technically the same as the After-Tax Cash Flow.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deutsche Bank

Interview Details – Submit your resume through school career service.
One interview on campus
Two interviews on site

Interview Question – Talk about your initiatives.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2010.

Interview Details – Since my school was not a target school (due to location, interviewing for SF from east coast) I applied directly through email to the recruiter. Had 4 phone interviews followed by a Superday in their office where I met 8 bankers from all different levels in 4 rounds of interviews. Some technical questions but mostly fit interview.

Interview Question – What would be a fair perpetuity growth rate for Microsoft when calculating the terminal value in DCF?   View Answer

Investment Banking Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2010.

Interview Details – Met with most of the team, one-on-one interviews of 20-30 minutes each. Some skill questions (finance), some questions about why DB in particular, questions about previous experiences.

Interview Question – Why DB?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed with a second year analyst at DB. I got a voice mail saying the need for a 5 min chat, and I could call back any time that day. I took my time to prepare, but still since it was my first interview, i was really nervous. I think I hit it off with the interviewer really well, but when it comes to really answering the questions, I didn't do too well.

Interview Question – What would you do on a random Saturday?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deutsche Bank

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deutsche Bank Investment Banking Analyst interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deutsche Bank employees and interview candidates.