Deutsche Bank Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2013.

On campus interview

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2013.

Had phone interview with associate. Asked the standard investment banking questions for the first round including technicals and what I did this summer. HR got back within a week for invite for superday. Superday the was the following week. Flew out and had four interviews; met with associates and up in the team. Received an offer the night of.

Interview Questions
    • Lets say you're a company and you're paying your employees with all cash. Now you decide to pay them half with cash and half with stock compensation. How does this effect the three statements?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

I applied through my college's campus recruiting website. My first round interview was on campus. They asked a lot of questions about my resume and then why I wanted to be in banking. Second round was at DB and was very similar but more specific about details. Only one on site interview. I then toured a couple of groups and received the offer later in the day.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in September 2013.

First round. 1 hour interview with three people from the bank, including one HR and two senior managers. The interview was pretty straight forward, the HR will talk with you about different programs they offer and other two ask some basic behavioral questions and technical questions. They are very friendly people.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

First got an email from an analyst. One round of phone interviews. Next round was out in the office for the super day. Met with six members of the team, three two on one interviews. Mix of fit and technicals.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in June 2013.

You apply for a program called "Practical Working Experience Program" through their career site. If you pass the initial screening, you get to take a IQ-similar test and get a first round interview. Once you pass the first test, you will be invited to a second-round, in which you will talk with the VP.

Interview Questions
    • Very Technical Question: I was very surprised because not a lot of investment banking firms ask questions about EVA method. However, Deutsche asked me how EVA value is technically the same as the After-Tax Cash Flow.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Submit your resume through school career service.
    One interview on campus
    Two interviews on site

No negotiation

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2010.

Since my school was not a target school (due to location, interviewing for SF from east coast) I applied directly through email to the recruiter. Had 4 phone interviews followed by a Superday in their office where I met 8 bankers from all different levels in 4 rounds of interviews. Some technical questions but mostly fit interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would be a fair perpetuity growth rate for Microsoft when calculating the terminal value in DCF?   View Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2010.

Met with most of the team, one-on-one interviews of 20-30 minutes each. Some skill questions (finance), some questions about why DB in particular, questions about previous experiences.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2010.

I was interviewed with a second year analyst at DB. I got a voice mail saying the need for a 5 min chat, and I could call back any time that day. I took my time to prepare, but still since it was my first interview, i was really nervous. I think I hit it off with the interviewer really well, but when it comes to really answering the questions, I didn't do too well.

Interview Questions

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!