Deutsche Bank

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Banking Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details – Had a meet and greet with interviewers the night before at a bar, then interviewed on campus the next day (after applying through my university recruiting website). 2 on 1 interview, mostly technical questions with a little bit of fit/behavioral. They really want to see your desire and ability to work in finance. Didnt get second round interview

Interview Question – a nuclear bomb goes off in florida - what happens to the economy?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2011.

Interview Details – Got the interview through a family connection. Went to New York for the interview, just a short behavioral. I think I did fine but was generally under-qualified for the position and did not blow anyone away.

Interview Question – Please tell us about yourself   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2011.

Interview Details – The night before the interview, I was invited to dinner in order to meet some of the people who would be interviewing me the following day. The meal was nice, but the people from the bank were very awkward. This was to be my first interview in my life, so this awkward dinner was not helpful to my mindset.

In the interview, the first question I was asked by the interviewer was, "What questions do you have for me?" The rest of the interview was based on those initial questions. Even though I was applying for a summer analyst position (where compensation is set and pro-rated for the limited summer months that I would be spending at the firm), the interviewer asked me why I was not curious about compensation. I had been told by peers before the interview that to ask about compensation was considered taboo, so I was a bit surprised.

I am a history major, and my resume reflected this fact, so I was not asked anything too technical, such as how to balance an income statement or value a company using Discounted Cash Flow analysis, or anything like that. Some other questions that I was asked:

(1) "What do you think the largest problem facing the world economy is over the next 20 years and why? How about the US economy?"
(2) "What is one type of product that you think will be obsolete in the near future?"
(3) "If you own a start-up internet company and a larger company offered to buy you, what would your response be to that larger company?"

Interview Questions

• Why haven't you asked me about compensation yet?   View Answer
  • What do you think the largest problem facing the world economy going forth over the next 20 years and why? How about the US economy?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2011.

Interview Details – I networked with alumni at the firm to gain a first round interview, and they let me know how the interview was expected to go. The interviews ended up having many of the same questions my contacts expected.

Interview was 2 days in the city. First day one interview with lower level analysts/associates, split between technical and fit. Second day two interviews with Directors and MDs mostly fit and behavioral.

The first day was much more relaxed and personal in conversation than the second. The second round was more to hammer out exactly why I was interested in the firm and investment banking and how my background demonstrated that. The interviews differed substantially depending on the style of the interviewers and the questions often pertained specifically to my background.

Interview Questions

Interviewed at Deutsche Bank

Interview Details – Send my CV through a job board, got contacted a week later by a recruiter and was invited to an hour long interview with an Associate. Got asked fit questions in the beginning, like what's banking, am I ready to work hard, followed by technical questions, like what happens to cash when account receivables go up by $10.

Interview Question – What do you know about Deutsche Bank activity in Israel?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2012.

Interview Details – I was informed by phone about the date of interview. It was tuesday morning in their london office. I was interviewed by 2 guys from HK and Singapore through video conference. it was 30mins long and the questions were basically base on my CV and some competency questions. I didnt make it to the second round which was held at the same day.

Interview Question – What advice would you give to your clients to invest their money?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through website, after they came to my campus. First passed an online test, then a first round of interviews and then a final one. Both in London, they paid for all the expenses (flight and hotel)

Interview Question – Question about pricing of derivatives, cdo's etc   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details – Applied through career services at my university, and was invited to interview soon after. Was interviewed by three different people over the course of one day at their NYC offices.

Interview Question – In depth stock pitch for Investment Banking role was somewhat unexpected.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2010.

Interview Details – Was invited to a first round interview. Interviewed by two junior analysts. It was all competency based with all the usual standard questions:
Why do you want to work in investment banking?
Why Deutsche Bank?
What recent events have taken your interest?
Can you name any recent deals Deutsche Bank has been involved in?

Interview Question – What is the probability of you walking out of this room and seeing someone without the average number of legs.   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deutsche Bank

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deutsche Bank Investment Banking Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deutsche Bank employees and interview candidates.