Deutsche Bank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2014.

Interview Details – hr, then hiring manager then managing director

Interview Question – why DB?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – went through a recruiter

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Senior Operations Analyst
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in June 2011.

Interview Details – They take it seriously, it's not unusual to have 4 -5 interviews just for an internal move.

Interview Question – What you don't like about your current manager. It's hard to feel that will stay confidential.   Answer Question

GT Agile Part-Time Interview

GT Agile Part-Time
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2013.

Interview Details – I gave a recruiter my resume at my school's job fair and was contacted within a few days to do a phone screening the following week. After the phone screening, physical interview at Deutsche Bank's Jacksonville offices was scheduled about two weeks later. I was interviewed by three people at once, all jumping in to ask questions. They couldn't tell me what position they were trying to fill or what I would actually be doing if I got hired. Rather, they have people from various departments just throw questions at you to see if you're right for their department. This made for a pretty disjointed interview, in my opinion. I believe I didn't get an offer because I ultimately want to go into software development, and they only have positions for tech support and database management at this branch. US-based software development for DB is done in NC. I never heard back with a rejection letter even though I e-mailed the recruiter to check up and request a status update.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions. The questions were all about my goals and my experiences and how I would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Entry Level Position Interview

Entry Level Position
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed with DB at a convention. They were very nice and professional. However, they were a tad dry (definitely more of a serious interview). After the initial interview, I was contacted a few weeks later for an onsite. However I declined.

Most of the questions asked were either behavioral, or based on some of my technical experience. Be prepared to discuss anything on your resume. Also, many of the questions were about working in different group dynamics, so have a few examples of group or team projects and experiences in mind.

Interview Question – Explain a technical problem you had to solve.   View Answer

Market Analyst Interview

Market Analyst
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details – I applied through college website and got my first round interview after a week. There were 3 hiring managers and I interviewed with each of them for about 20 minutes. The interview was very simple and straightforward -- typical behavioral and hypothetical questions. It could get technical if you have relevant investment banking experiences.

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details – Applied through the campus online recruiting website and was contacted a couple of days later. The recruiter was nice and the screening interview was short with mainly behavioral questions, the only one I specifically remember was why finance. Went up to Jacksonville for an interview with 3 guys and I thought it went well but I didn't get the offer.

Interview Question – What was the coolest thing you've done in Excel?   Answer Question

OTC Risk Interview

OTC Risk
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through School Website, and given an interview. Mainly technical questions, such as the greeks, which are positive & negative. The interviewer was nice, and asked why this role, why DB. Got the second interview several days later, but they seem to want an employee immediately while I still have one semester to finish my degree. So I actually didn't attend the second round interview

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2012.

Interview Details – I first interviewed with Deutsche Bank at a computer science conference that included a career fair. The initial interview was pretty long and focused on behavioral questions. The person that interviewed me thought I'd be a perfect fit for their new support division, what she failed to tell me is that this position doesn't pay very well compared to a developer position. Pay was not based on experience nor background but rather on the position itself. I was flowed to Florida for a second interview, this time it was a group interview. It was also a behavioral interview and it was pretty straight forward. I was given an offer but I turned it down.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low salary

Senior Ops Analyst Interview

Senior Ops Analyst
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2010.

Interview Details – the overall process was ok - nothing unexpected - standard questions, both behavioral and technical. very few information was provided upfront in the job description and the hiring manager tried not to disclose responsibilities/expectations. it was not clear why they wanted to hire a well-educated and experienced person. generally, this company seeks only low-paid colledge grads - there is no appreciation for experience or education.

Interview Question – no difficult questions - all questions were predictable and straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation - accept or decline

Market Analyst Interview

Market Analyst
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2013.

Interview Details – A superday event and six interviews. The questions are all behavioral such as why DB, why Jacksonville, why your university, what is your strengthens. The only technical question is how to value a company. I only said the DCF method. Some interviewers even ask the same questions. I repeated my same stories many times.

Interview Question – I did not expect the interview would be so behavioral and I don't know why they ask the same questions over and over again.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deutsche Bank

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deutsche Bank interview questions and advice in Jacksonville, FL. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deutsche Bank employees and interview candidates.