Deutsche Bank

Updated Feb 6, 2015

2.6

Corporate Banking and Securities Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2015.

Went to the office and had two half-hour interviews with a couple of managers. They were nice enough and didn't ask technical questions, mainly wanted to tell me about the office, the structure of the internship, and ask me about myself. Overall not bad, but make sure you can convey your passion for banking or for whatever you are applying for.

Train to Hire Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank in July 2014.

I applied after graduating FSU through the career center at the school. I got an email asking for a phone interview shortly after applying. The phone interview was very short, just basic questions such as "Why do you want to work for Deutsche Bank?" and "Why did you choose your major?". After that she asked if I would come in for an in-office interview. This time I spoke with a recruiter who was very nice and easy to talk to. She asked many behavioral questions that needed examples to be answered. They weren't terrible, just took some thought. Overall, it went well and after a couple weeks I was offered a spot in the program in the compliance group.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to explain your position to someone who disagreed with you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2014.

hr, then hiring manager then managing director

went through a recruiter

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

I applied through college website and got my first round interview after a week. There were 3 hiring managers and I interviewed with each of them for about 20 minutes. The interview was very simple and straightforward -- typical behavioral and hypothetical questions. It could get technical if you have relevant investment banking experiences.

Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2013.

I interviewed with DB at a convention. They were very nice and professional. However, they were a tad dry (definitely more of a serious interview). After the initial interview, I was contacted a few weeks later for an onsite. However I declined.

Most of the questions asked were either behavioral, or based on some of my technical experience. Be prepared to discuss anything on your resume. Also, many of the questions were about working in different group dynamics, so have a few examples of group or team projects and experiences in mind.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a technical problem you had to solve.   View Answer

GT Agile Part-Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2013.

I gave a recruiter my resume at my school's job fair and was contacted within a few days to do a phone screening the following week. After the phone screening, physical interview at Deutsche Bank's Jacksonville offices was scheduled about two weeks later. I was interviewed by three people at once, all jumping in to ask questions. They couldn't tell me what position they were trying to fill or what I would actually be doing if I got hired. Rather, they have people from various departments just throw questions at you to see if you're right for their department. This made for a pretty disjointed interview, in my opinion. I believe I didn't get an offer because I ultimately want to go into software development, and they only have positions for tech support and database management at this branch. US-based software development for DB is done in NC. I never heard back with a rejection letter even though I e-mailed the recruiter to check up and request a status update.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical questions. The questions were all about my goals and my experiences and how I would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Applied through the campus online recruiting website and was contacted a couple of days later. The recruiter was nice and the screening interview was short with mainly behavioral questions, the only one I specifically remember was why finance. Went up to Jacksonville for an interview with 3 guys and I thought it went well but I didn't get the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in September 2013.

Two stage interview process in late 2013 at DB's Jacksonville office. The whole thing was very straight forward and I wasn't asked any real hard ball questions. I likely got the job because of my knowledge of some of the company's goal setting initiatives and that I graduated from a good school - honestly I think it was sort of a superficial hire, since I had no real finance experience.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions to be honest. I was asked how I worked through a difficult situation in a previous work environment / internship, but that's sort of standard and I already had an answer prepared. Nothing relating to finance or any core math skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in August 2013.

First interview with HR. Then interview with the head of the team (interview length 20 minutes) Later visited onsite for a skype interview with the teams at different locations (30 minutes).

Negotiation possible

OTC Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in May 2013.

Applied through School Website, and given an interview. Mainly technical questions, such as the greeks, which are positive & negative. The interviewer was nice, and asked why this role, why DB. Got the second interview several days later, but they seem to want an employee immediately while I still have one semester to finish my degree. So I actually didn't attend the second round interview