Deutsche Bank Java Developer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2013.

HR contacted me after reviewing my profile in linked in, and i was asked to attend first level of phone screen. The interview was very straight forward, pure java questions, from very basic to the latest technique. There was no tricky question at all. Then i was called for an in person interview, one hour with the managers and another hour with the tech team. The behavioral questions where the very common ones like, why do you want to join DB, What are your strengths, what is quality mean to you. What is the toughest situation you had ever faced, Have you faced any conflict with in your team, how did you solve etc..
They where really friendly and it was more of a casual talk.
Technical interview was a cake walk, they started with a question saying its tricky, but i was able to answer that with clear explanation. There was no coding questions asked, again there were set of straight forward java questions and a couple on Junit. I was asked to write some simple SQL.

I answered all the questions correctly, and i felt the team interviewing me was technically weaker than me. Next day the HR called me and asked me to fill in pre employment form, and discussed the Salary, without saying that i was selected or not. Later next day i was said they are working out with an internal movement to fill that position and my skill set is not matching. I found it really frustrating. Hope they don't waste some ones time like this in future.

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2015.

They have online tests to be given . that consist of computer basics for 25 mins n java 25mins .
    Computer basics is mandatory for all tech while java is technology specific .
    Consist of 25 questions each.
    Frankly speaking the test is a waste of time . the questions for java were so lengthy that you can not even finish reading them in 2 mins. If there is some extra 20 mind then its tough acheivable. Otherwise its a mere matter of luck .
    A gud candidate can get rejeted based on this online test .

Interview Questions
    • Questions in computer basics on array , algo , BSt traversal, prefix n postfix, n mostly engineering basics .   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2014.

The interview consisted of a single stage in-person interview for about an hour. It was a little intimidating as I had three interviewers all popping questions at me. There was a little soft skill stuff but mainly technical.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to implement the Singleton pattern using lazy-loading, which was easy enough, but them the question continued with other implementations of the pattern specifically around multi-threading.   View Answer