Deutsche Bank Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Trust Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2010.

interview set up thru recruiter who had placed several people on the team.
    2 interviews - 1 with team leader, and the other with 2 team members.

urine test upon offer being given.

Interview Questions
    none...salary of 35,000 was accepted.

Vice President, Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2009.

A friend of mine referred my resume to the Bank Recruiter for a Senior IT Project Manager position and coincidentally, there was an open position in the firm. Within a week, the recruiter called me and I had a 20-minute phone interview with her. She then set up a 1-on-1 in-person interview with the Hiring Manager. The hiring process was very well organized by the recruiter. One of the things I would say to folks looking for a job, especially in this tough condition, is not to be lax. Prepare well ahead of time even for a telephone conversation with a recruiter. This recruiter asked probing questions about salary, bonus, experience, position-specific skills, fit for the organization, etc. Be prepared with appropriate answers to the possible questions the recruiter might ask. Don't underestimate the knowledge and skills of the recruiter. Only if he or she feels that you have the qualifications for the open position, then he/she would take the next step and setup an interview with the hiring manager.

When I interviewed with the hiring manager, she was really ready and thorough in her preparations. She had all the questions prepared. Also, I am not sure about other people. This interviewer (hiring lady) was fairly good looking and came to the interview with body parts shown and it was extremely difficult for me to focus on the interview and keep my eyes focused on her face. I regrouped in 10 seconds and everything was OK from that point onwards. Something to think about before getting into a 1-on-1 with somebody for an interview when you desperately need THAT job.

Be prepared to follow all the basic rules of the interview. Shake hands well, prepare your introductory hello, walking behind the interviewer, opening the door for him/her, sit on the chair when he or she says so, etc. Say hello to the receptionist and follow all the etiquettes rigorously. Since this was an IT department, people were dressed casually and overall, everyone I met was very good.

In the interview, the hiring lady threw a curve ball and details in the next section.

Interview Questions
    • 1. How many people have you managed at your present work? What are the challenges you faced and how did you handle them?   View Answers (2)
    • 2. She asked examples of specific IT projects that I managed (mentioned in the resume) and asked me to go through individual components of the project phases. There were follow up questions to this and we spent about 15 minutes on this.   View Answer
    • 3. She asked me about the largest project I managed, scope of work, what were the challenges, lessons learned, what were the lessons learned / feedback from the customers and what would I do differently in this project?

For the same question, she asked about the Finances relating to the projects. She was also looking for numbers in terms of servers built, applications deployed, etc. Also, details about cost, time, scope, and savings.
        View Answer
    • 4. If my boss were to say anything about me, what would he/she say? Would he complement my work or would he provide mediocore reference or bad review about me?

5. Follow up question: What would my customers say about me?

6. What do you know about the organization?
        View Answer
    • 7. Since this was IT Project Manager position, there were several questions about how you would make decisions, handle situations, manage/coach/mentor team members, perform reviews, and guide the team.

8. This is important. Everybody asks this question in interviews. She asked this in my interview as well. "What is your style of management?"

9. She asked questions about handling requests coming in from multiple customers, and how I would handle them.
        View Answer

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!