Deutsche Bank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Portfolio Manager Interview

Portfolio Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2014.

Interview Details – Typical 3-stage interview, following generic and contemporary techniques, using the 'Situational, Task, Remedial Action, Resolution,' methodology, including other more specific scenario analysis.

Cultural based scenario questions, including roe plays and written communication and numerical reasoning tests.

Other commercially sensitive techniques.

Interview Question – Where can you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Market Risk Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2014.

Interview Details – 5 stages. First phone interview, then on site written test on maths, statistics, basic programming and finance & banking. Then a presentation on a selected topic e.g. financial crisis, followed back interview with two VP from the department and finally a 1 to 1 interview with a director.

Interview Question – Know everything on your CV inside out. Be prepared for what if, and what of, etc. Read extensively if you can.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details – Online application, then HR round shortly followed by Director interview.

Assistant Vice President Finance Interview

Assistant Vice President Finance
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2011.

Interview Details – Three interviews with senior members of the team, followed by an interview with HR (which seemed a formality rather than a milestone to overcome--if you've made it to the HR interview then you should expect an offer). Good mix of technical and compentency based questions. They also want to build rapport so for the most part it felt like a friendly chat rather than a formal interview. I was very pleased with the quick turnaround as well--for me from the first interview to the offer was only about one week.

Interview Question – I had no difficult questions actually.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple. They were extraordinarily responsive and supportive with my needs as a working mother--I need to leave work at a certain time in the evening and they have accommodated that brilliantly. I suppose it could be different with other teams but for mine I was pleasantly surprised how supportive they are.

Vice President Interview

Vice President
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2011.

Interview Details – I have been approached directly by my future team member. It was followed by a single digit number of interviews with senior members of the division I was to work in, including key operation officer responsible for resources. Very welcoming and easy going conversations, certainly not the grilling session type. The process however took 2 months longer than initially expected.

Interview Question – There were no surprises in the interview phase.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As always, read the fine print and find ways for them to guarantee the responsibilities you will be given.

Audit Manager Interview

Audit Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2010.

Interview Details – Usually three interviews with audit staff (and upto 1 with auditee/client for more senior roles)

Interview Question – Money, be prepared to discuss salaries with HR direct as part of interview process and not via your agent   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

Summer Analyst - Technology
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2013.

Interview Details – Online tests followed by invitation to attend first round interview at DB offices. First round was a 40 minute 2-on-1 interview with two VPs from the division I applied to (Technology). Final round was three 30 minute 1-on-1 interviews with senior people from the division. Got a call a couple of hours after the final round interviews with a decision.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions. My advice is to prepare for a lot of competency questions. The following will 100% be asked: "Why investment banking?", "Why Deutsche Bank?". They will also look for examples of teamwork/leadership/usual competency stuff. The most important thing to bear in mind is interview manner - speak confidently and make a positive impression on the interviewer. Based on the positive feedback from my interviews I advise future candidates to do the following: be confident, have a solid understanding of the industry and the role you want to do and have a few different examples you can draw from.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was called a few hours after the interview while I was on the train home and they offered me a place on the internship program. Was given two weeks to make a decision on the offer.

Analyst Programmer Interview

Analyst Programmer

Interviewed at Deutsche Bank

Interview Details – Telephone interview + two face-to-face interviews

Interview Question – More on the competence side rather than the technical ones   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview is on 12112013, based on London office

Interview Question – Why choose your university   Answer Question

Spring Into Banking Interview

Spring Into Banking
London, England (UK)

I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2013.

Interview Details – Online app, online numerical test.

Invited to go down to their office for 3 one-one interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were caught in a dilemma and how did you respond to it?   Answer Question

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!