Deutsche Bank Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.1

Vice President - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Scheduled by external recruiter for meeting with two internal directors for 3PM, and was given instructions to their office and the person to contact. Arrived on time. Security tried contacting her and got voice-mail for 45 minutes, could not find anyone else. Meanwhile, after 45 minutes, the contact returned the call stating she was working at home and never bothered to check voicemail. Was sent immediately to meet with one of the directors. Explained what happened, and the director found the situation hard to believe -- I don't know why I'd just sit for 45 minutes in a lobby with inept security and her employee that doesn't check messages. Was then interviewed with questions for the wrong position, which I learned when the one director asked why I'm seeking a contract role (this role was full-time). After setting that person straight and ensuring understanding of why I was there, the director struggled with the remainder of the interview. Then, they could not locate the other director since I was to have met with him whilst I was waiting in the lobby; he had gone to another meeting. After waiting in his office for 15 minutes, they sent a person who I would describe as subordinate to the role to speak with me, and that individual had no interview experience (person had over 15 yrs experience with DB). I'd decided by this time that I wanted nothing to do with the role, much less the firm. The process was an unmitigated disaster. Rejected future interviews outright.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why would you leave a full-time role for a contract role? (I was there to interview for a full-time role_   1 Answer

Global Transaction Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Very formal extremely professional. Look Posh! Be on your A game and network as much as you can. This is banking, not only do you need to know your stuff but also know your people. Try to understand what GTB is what type of serive it provides and what products it has. Wouldn't hurt to name drop of people that you networked with either. It's a prestigious place, very competitive so work hard and you will def play hard!

Interview Questions

• Why DB? Why GTB? Describe yourself? Give history? Excel questions. What is GTB? The usual   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Hiring manager did an interview followed by onsite interview. Onsite interview included my interest followed by resume screen a programming test and several brain teasers. The interview include 8 people each for 1 hour and asking a variety of technical questions.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and university alumni at firm secured superday spots. Superday consisted of 30 minute first round interview with two associates. If selected, move on to two 30 minute final round interviews with director / managing directors.

Interview Questions

• Can you name some of the valuation methodologies?   1 Answer
    • Can you walk me through how an investment banker would help to sell a company? (walk me through the sell-side process)   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a first round over the phone then was flown to NY for a super day. Almost entirely behavioural/resume based. Had a few very basic technicals (DCF, WACC, CAPM), but the focus was on fit. I was surprised by how much the challenged me on my resume, which was a good opportunity to explain what I had done. I learned after the interview that the 2 most important questions were "Why I-Banking" and "Why DB"

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First I was asked to walk through resume and answered their questions on coursework and previous experience, then I was asked to read and explain a quantitative strategy based on some papers, lastly I was asked talk about current macro environment such as oil prices and Fed policy.

Interview Questions

• Read a job market paper on macro variable forecasting by a finance PhD from London Business School, and describe the way to implement the method.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

walk in to the sec. theyll have you wait in a room then the interview is two on one just a normal conversation at first basic interview walk through your resume, tell us about a time you had a conflict with member in a group and how did you go about resolving it.

Interview Questions

• basic interview questions tell me about a time you had a conflict with a member in a group walk through your resume etc   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

2 rounds interviews at the NYC office; first round 30 minuets interview with associates (mostly behavioral with two technical questions.) second round with VPs for 2 hours, and would be notified with an internship offer or not by the end of the second round.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a Recruiter. Had two rounds of interview with 3 people each round. Then an HR Round followed by a background check. Background check can be lengthy to complete if you have had previous roles within multiple companies.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a situation where a Senior Stakeholder needs to complete a task but is reluctant or uncooperative?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate salary. They didn't offer me anywhere near where I wanted to be, but it was still very competitive within the market and they came up $5,000 from their initial offer.

Summer Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

3 interviews, total 4 hours long. They rotate among different teams and with a manager director of research in London (video call). They are careful to describe the kind of job they want you to do and if you agree with the general objectives. They ask specifics about research projects and interests. They can go quite deep into technical details. You're also asked to describe in detail one of your papers. Some general knowledge about the current state of the economy is expected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not an issue in this kind of position really.