Deutsche Bank Summer Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2014.

Went to a networking session, got called for a super day of sorts at their Wall St. headquarters with was a morning interview session and a callback for an afternoon interview session.

Interview Questions
  • Explain how purchasing a piece of $10million equipment would affect the financial statements in year one and going into perpetuity   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

superday, two rounds

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2011.

All three rounds were on campus. After the first rounds, you get a phone call that day and they let you know whether you should show up for the second round the next day. After the final round, if you are their top choice, then they will give you a call within 2-3 days.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked any technical questions. Mostly behavioral, fit questions. You must be likable rather than a genius. But they do ask questions about why you want to work for this bank, why you are interested in this department. Also know the details about the bank overall such as the profits, revenues, one off charges, stock price etc.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2010.

On campus recruiting

Interview Questions
    • All were very easy; what is "EBITDA" and why is it relevant   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Summer Analyst Interview

the position is based in Hong Kong. Got first round interview at New York. DB's HQ at wall st. it takes less than 30 min and it's a 2 on 1 interview. there is not much technical questions. most are fit questions. news on the market, trading idea based on current news.

Summer Analyst Interview

Mainly technical questions regarding futures and options

Summer Analyst Interview

Online application, online tests (numerical), first round interview, final round interview (3 interviews) mainly cv based and motivation questions. Some department specific questions. Prompt feedback provided

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2012.

Submitted an application. Did psychometric tests. Invited to office for paper based tests, then first round interview with 2 associates. The final round interview was 4 1:1 interviews with MDs including case studies and behavioral type interviews.

Had better offer.

2 rounds of interviews.
    1st round- 30min interview. Very basic questions asked e.g. "why DB?, Why Sales and trading?" This interview is more to get to know the interviewee.
    If you get asked to come back, you have a 2nd round of interview. This is two 30min interviews. Harder questions on current economic status, one or two brainteasers and general knowledge on finance

Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2012.

I personally found the whole process a bit intimidating. I found on the school's interview scheduling website--then later via a phone call--a few days before that I had been selected for an interview. The interview was one-on-one, in a room, for a set time of 30 minutes. Because the interviewer would be hiring from current students, she stated she didn't expect us to know a lot about investment banking. That didn't stop her from asking questions that tested our knowledge in that area. She also emphasized that we would be working long hard hours. I honestly felt out of place--it was hard for me to lighten the mood in that room and by the time I had received a call later that day explaining I had not made it to the second round of interviews, I felt as though a heavy weight had been lifted from my chest.

Interview Questions

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!