Deutsche Bank Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a first round over the phone then was flown to NY for a super day. Almost entirely behavioural/resume based. Had a few very basic technicals (DCF, WACC, CAPM), but the focus was on fit. I was surprised by how much the challenged me on my resume, which was a good opportunity to explain what I had done. I learned after the interview that the 2 most important questions were "Why I-Banking" and "Why DB"

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Was largely fit. Asked some accounting questions like what is a deffered tax asset and how would you value a company if no projected cash flows? Told me to prepare for a dinner that night and that he would be seeing me soon, but got rejected same day.

Interview Questions

• What is something not on your resume? Tell me about a time you failed.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial communications began in the Fall. After completing the online application, I was contacted about a week later to notify me that I was selected for a two-on-one first round interview. Coming from a non-target school, I arrived and interviewed with all the other non-target candidates on the same day. The interview itself was pretty straight forward. Your basic fit questions as well as some basic knowledge questions on financial markets. Overall I would say it was not a particularly difficult interview, as it seemed to be only fit based. The hardest parts were definitely the follow-up questions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions asked in a overall pretty benign interview were the "Why should we hire you?" and "What do you think about the markets."   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

It is a sophomore program. I got the invitation through email, and it was a first round interview in New York. I interviewed with two people from different industry group. Since I don't have many relevant experiences, most of the questions are behavioral and related to my resume.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through on Campus Recruiting, needed a minimum 3.5. Had not spoken with anyone at DB Jacksonville before the interview. No Technical questions, just wanted to get to know me and why I wanted to work for Deutsche Bank and in Jacksonville. The Guys were pretty chill and the interview was very conversational. They emphasized the growth of their group in Jacksonville.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2014.

Interview

Applied through the college career services website. Received an email two weeks before the interview. The challenge was that the interview took place during the finals week. Overall, positive experience from the interview. Was asked only behavioral questions, no technical / market / analytical questions. The only downside was that they said they would call later the same day to inform about your status in both cases (selected / not selected), and they never called.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or very difficult. Behavioral questions: tell me about time you had to work in a team.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Pretty intimidating setup, as all the candidates waited in a lobby and got taken one by one to interview rooms. 2 vs 1 interviews, mostly fit questions and talking about resume/why banking

Interview Questions

• Comment on a certain stock/company, how they have been doing recently, and their stock price   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting. Interviewed in the morning and recieved an invite to superday at the office the next day. Interviews were not bad at all. There were 4 interviews, each of them 20 minutes long with teams of two. Analysts all the way up to the MD interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• How does a 10 million dollar decrease in depreciation affect the 3 financial statements?   Answer Question
    • What is higher? Cost of equity or cost of debt?   Answer Question
    • Why are manhole covers round?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

superday, two rounds

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Went to a networking session, got called for a super day of sorts at their Wall St. headquarters with was a morning interview session and a callback for an afternoon interview session.

Interview Questions

• Explain how purchasing a piece of $10million equipment would affect the financial statements in year one and going into perpetuity   1 Answer