Deutsche Bank

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in August 2010.

Interview Details – met with several people. very straight forward interview -- probably because the group was my former client

Negotiation Details – very straight forward

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in August 2007.

Interview Details – It was extremely fast. The recruiter was the intermediary for the most part so heard about the role from him, came in for the interview and was made the offer through him the next day.

Interview Question – I didn't find any of the questions difficult. The one that required the most thought was one on strategic plans I'd created in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did this through the recruiter. I was very clear with my expectations and they were met - so no further negotiation was necessary.

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details – Very long hiring process (more than 6 months between first interview and offer signed)

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2011.

Interview Details – I have been approached directly by my future team member. It was followed by a single digit number of interviews with senior members of the division I was to work in, including key operation officer responsible for resources. Very welcoming and easy going conversations, certainly not the grilling session type. The process however took 2 months longer than initially expected.

Interview Question – There were no surprises in the interview phase.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As always, read the fine print and find ways for them to guarantee the responsibilities you will be given.

Vice President

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details – many interviews in London and Dubai

Interview Question – Technical questions on products.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2011.

Interview Details – about 3 interviews with manager, colleagues and a senior manager. Negotiations were simple and questions asked we informal but intelligent. As a manager position, I was asked questions that demonstrated i was a key thinker, logical and made good decisions whilst managing people

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 years time   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was difficult, I was given monetary offer and due to economic climate it was made clear that there was no negotiation on it.

Vice President

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2010.

Interview Details – No pre-screening on phone and directly invited for an in-person interview.
First interview with hiring manager and his superior. I was supposed to meet with other colleagues but they were busy so resheduled other time.
Second visit was scheduled to meet with the two colleagues, but ended up meeting with only one of the interviewers.
Third visit was scheduled to meet with a colleague who was very confused about the interview, but still very polite.
Overall all of the interviewers gave me a challenging interview and were straightforward and forthcoming about their concerrns which I appreciated much.
Got an offer in the end.

Interview Questions

• describe your experience from a previous role as the project managerr   Answer Question
  • Describe the challenges as the project manager and how did you manage to achieve the results? what were the results?   Answer Question

Vice President

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2010.

Interview Details – Tele phone interview initially, followed by another telephone interview followqed by one to one interview. None of it was competency based, nor were there any I Q tests, but I had worked for the firm for a year as a management consultant so they had a chance to try before they buyed.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for DB?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Gave figure, it was accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deutsche Bank

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deutsche Bank Vice President interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deutsche Bank employees and interview candidates.