Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit

Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit

personal interview

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit in April 2014.

Personal interview- all are HR questions like reasons, motivation and german language. Though the interview was in English, but two were in German. Interview lasted for 40 min, they also questioned me about my project.

Technical Expert Consumer Affairs New Delhi Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit in March 2014.

I had one of the most disgusting and shocking experience with GIZ India office.I was interviewed for the position of TE, after subsequent rounds of interviews which included written test I was given an Offer Letter. I was asked to undergo a medical fitness examination. My medical fitness examination and background verification came out positive. I personally visited their office to submit the copies of my academic transcripts which was one the requirements mentioned in the offer letter.

After a week, I was formally requested via email to put in my papers in the present organization as the formalities have been completed from their end.I also gave them a joining date and clarified again via email whether I could take this as final commitment from GIZ . I got a response that everything was in order I could proceed with my resignation with the present organization. On this written assurance from GIZ India I put in my papers in my present organization. In the meantime I did keep my communication on with GIZ , even personally visiting their office on a few occasions. Everything was going just fine until one day after almost completing three weeks notice period in my present organization I got a call from GIZ India that they needed to see me about something.

In the meeting I was told that there has been some change of plans, tussle with the Indian ministry ,certain parameter having changed, issues over contractual terms and all the related HR garbage. I was shell shocked , completely taken aback at the shamelessness with which the company was conducting itself. Not only had the made me go through the tedious time consuming recruitment process , but also compelled me to put in my papers in my present organization.They had audacity to tell me this after I had served three weeks of notice period in my present organization and kindly do note I had intimated to them that I had put in my papers. GIZ India although seems like a big name, but trust me its nothing more than just a name. A company riding on the brand of so called high German ethics but is in reality completely devoid of basic ethical conduct. With my harrowing personal experience with GIZ India I can tell all of those wishing to work there that its one of the most unprofessional places to work. The HR people are so well entrenched morons that internally the company is running like a sarkari business with few Germans dotting the landscape here and there.Take my advice don't even apply!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit in September 2013.

Ich bewarb mich online und hatte ein Telefongespräch 4 Wochen nachdem ich Lebenslauf und Bewerbung geschickt hatte. 3 Tage nach dem Gespräch bekam ich das Angebot, in 2 Wochen ein Praktikum anzufangen. Ich nahm das Angebot an und begann 2 Wochen später, was schwer war, weil ich eine Wohnung miete und eine eine neue innerhalb von 2 Wochen finden musste. Später erfuhr ich von Kollegen, dass der Starttermin verhandelt werden kann.

I applied online and had a telephone interview about 4 weeks after sending my CV and cover letter. 3 days after the interview, I got the offer to start the internship in 2 weeks. I accepted the offer and started 2 weeks later, which was hard because I had to rent my appartment and find a new one in only 2 weeks of time. Later, I learned from my colleagues that it is possible to negotiate the starting date.

Interview Questions
    • Die Fragen waren hauptsächlich auf meine Masters-Kurse und Abschlussarbeit konzentriert. Es gab keine Standardfragen vom Personalbüro wie "Was ist Ihre größte Schwäche?". Das Telefoninterview war etwas seltsam, da ich die Personen, die mit mir sprachen, nicht sehen konnte. Ich schlug vor, ein persönliches Gespräch zu vereinbaren, wenn GZ zum ersten Mal anruft.   The questions were mainly focusing on my Master's courses and thesis. There were no standard HR questions such as "what is your biggest weakness?". The phone interview was a bit strange in so far, as I was not able to see the persons who were interviewing me. I recommend to ask for a personal face to face interview when GZ is calling the first time to arrange a date for the interview.   Answer Question
    Die Praktikumslöhne sind bei GIZ festgelegt, es gibt keine Möglichkeit zu verhandeln.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit.

After communication per email (which basically was an interview, as I was answering questions asked in the email), I had a series of phone interviews. There were mostly general questions, no specific questions or tasks which are typical for assessment center. I was asked about my previous professional experience and my motivation to apply for this particular project. a lot of questions were about my understanding of the cultural context in the country and my ability to handle a tough security situation.

Labour Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit in May 2012.

Looked people with relevant experience in the country and informal meeting for assessment then recruitment through advertisement and open competetion.

Interview Questions
    • Sustaiablity measures in the establishment of Labour market information and analysis system.   View Answer
    Negociate on salaries and social security aspects if you think that you have bargaining power in the sense that you have very unique and qualitative experience in the field.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit in March 2012.

around 3 interviews. one written test. one presentation and home-work and one telephonic interview. first was an interview then they gave me homework then presentation and then technical fault analysis. after which was a test followed by a telephonic interview with technical agency

Interview Questions
    • none everything was fine during interview maybe technical questions during written test   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eschborn (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eschborn (Germany)

(Translated from English)

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit in January 2012.

Spezifische Fragen zu den job-bezogenen Fähigkeiten sowie zu Motivation und Zielen

Specific questions regarding abilities related to the job as well as motivations and goals.

Keine Verhandlung

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Podgorica (Montenegro)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Podgorica (Montenegro)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit in November 2011.

I applied online and had an Skype interview. The Skype interview was CV based and rather an easy going conversation. The interviewer was the project manager, who explained all the details of the project I was going to work in at the very beginning of the interview. After the Skype interview I was made an offer stating all the details. These included salary as well as allowances for working abroad.

Interview Questions
    • Actually I had no difficult questions as the interview was CV based. The main focus in the conversation was on the contents of my Bachelor Thesis and the Bachelor Degree I was studying.   Answer Question

Work at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit? Share Your Experiences

Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit