Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit

Unclaimed Profile

Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit

Intern Interview

Interview

personal interview

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit in June 2015.

Interview

Done by the Chairperson essentially asking why leave the current work profile. To which I mentioned that after a few years in the organisation future growth prospects reduce and one tends to enter a comfort zone. I don't like comfort zones and hence the need to move on. This interview was telephonic.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit in April 2014.

Interview

Personal interview- all are HR questions like reasons, motivation and german language. Though the interview was in English, but two were in German. Interview lasted for 40 min, they also questioned me about my project.

Technical Expert Consumer Affairs New Delhi Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (New Delhi (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

I had one of the most disgusting and shocking experience with GIZ India office.I was interviewed for the position of TE, after subsequent rounds of interviews which included written test I was given an Offer Letter. I was asked to undergo a medical fitness examination. My medical fitness examination and background verification came out positive. I personally visited their office to submit the copies of my academic transcripts which was one the requirements mentioned in the offer letter. After a week, I was formally requested via email to put in my papers in the present organization as the formalities have been completed from their end.I also gave them a joining date and clarified again via email whether I could take this as final commitment from GIZ . I got a response that everything was in order I could proceed with my resignation with the present organization. On this written assurance from GIZ India I put in my papers in my present organization. In the meantime I did keep my communication on with GIZ , even personally visiting their office on a few occasions. Everything was going just fine until one day after almost completing three weeks notice period in my present organization I got a call from GIZ India that they needed to see me about something. In the meeting I was told that there has been some change of plans, tussle with the Indian ministry ,certain parameter having changed, issues over contractual terms and all the related HR garbage. I was shell shocked , completely taken aback at the shamelessness with which the company was conducting itself. Not only had the made me go through the tedious time consuming recruitment process , but also compelled me to put in my papers in my present organization.They had audacity to tell me this after I had served three weeks of notice period in my present organization and kindly do note I had intimated to them that I had put in my papers. GIZ India although seems like a big name, but trust me its nothing more than just a name. A company riding on the brand of so called high German ethics but is in reality completely devoid of basic ethical conduct. With my harrowing personal experience with GIZ India I can tell all of those wishing to work there that its one of the most unprofessional places to work. The HR people are so well entrenched morons that internally the company is running like a sarkari business with few Germans dotting the landscape here and there.Take my advice don't even apply!

Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eschborn (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (Eschborn (Germany)) in January 2014.

Interview

In Eschborn a half day process in 3 stages first with HR woman about general issues. Then in front of technical panel including a psychologist- go through CV< asked to prepare a presentation given 10 minutes prep time, some competency based question, then final session with psychologist.

Interview Questions

• How would i practically do the intended job in the specific country   1 Answer

Praktikant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in September 2013.

Interview

Ich bewarb mich online und hatte ein Telefongespräch 4 Wochen nachdem ich Lebenslauf und Bewerbung geschickt hatte. 3 Tage nach dem Gespräch bekam ich das Angebot, in 2 Wochen ein Praktikum anzufangen. Ich nahm das Angebot an und begann 2 Wochen später, was schwer war, weil ich eine Wohnung miete und eine eine neue innerhalb von 2 Wochen finden musste. Später erfuhr ich von Kollegen, dass der Starttermin verhandelt werden kann.

I applied online and had a telephone interview about 4 weeks after sending my CV and cover letter. 3 days after the interview, I got the offer to start the internship in 2 weeks. I accepted the offer and started 2 weeks later, which was hard because I had to rent my appartment and find a new one in only 2 weeks of time. Later, I learned from my colleagues that it is possible to negotiate the starting date.

Interview Questions

• Die Fragen waren hauptsächlich auf meine Masters-Kurse und Abschlussarbeit konzentriert. Es gab keine Standardfragen vom Personalbüro wie "Was ist Ihre größte Schwäche?". Das Telefoninterview war etwas seltsam, da ich die Personen, die mit mir sprachen, nicht sehen konnte. Ich schlug vor, ein persönliches Gespräch zu vereinbaren, wenn GZ zum ersten Mal anruft.   The questions were mainly focusing on my Master's courses and thesis. There were no standard HR questions such as "what is your biggest weakness?". The phone interview was a bit strange in so far, as I was not able to see the persons who were interviewing me. I recommend to ask for a personal face to face interview when GZ is calling the first time to arrange a date for the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Die Praktikumslöhne sind bei GIZ festgelegt, es gibt keine Möglichkeit zu verhandeln.

The salary for internships at GIZ is fixed, there is no possibility for negotiation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit.

Interview

After communication per email (which basically was an interview, as I was answering questions asked in the email), I had a series of phone interviews. There were mostly general questions, no specific questions or tasks which are typical for assessment center. I was asked about my previous professional experience and my motivation to apply for this particular project. a lot of questions were about my understanding of the cultural context in the country and my ability to handle a tough security situation.

Labour Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in May 2012.

Interview

Looked people with relevant experience in the country and informal meeting for assessment then recruitment through advertisement and open competetion.

Interview Questions

• Sustaiablity measures in the establishment of Labour market information and analysis system.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negociate on salaries and social security aspects if you think that you have bargaining power in the sense that you have very unique and qualitative experience in the field.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (New Delhi (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

around 3 interviews. one written test. one presentation and home-work and one telephonic interview. first was an interview then they gave me homework then presentation and then technical fault analysis. after which was a test followed by a telephonic interview with technical agency

Interview Questions

• none everything was fine during interview maybe technical questions during written test   Answer Question

Praktikant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eschborn (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (Eschborn (Germany)) in January 2012.

Interview

Spezifische Fragen zu den job-bezogenen Fähigkeiten sowie zu Motivation und Zielen

Specific questions regarding abilities related to the job as well as motivations and goals.

Negotiation

Keine Verhandlung

No negotiating.