Deutsche Post DHL Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

International Assignments and Global Mobility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Post DHL (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Very comfortable and interactive. Combination of behavioral and technical. The interview lasted for 45 min and was a phone interview. They asked me to elaborate on various skills mentioned in the resume .

DCC Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Post DHL (Erlanger, KY) in February 2015.

Interview

I missed the Recruiter's call, but I called her back within twenty minutes. I didn't get in touch with her, it was a Friday, so I left a message telling her saying she could call me back at her earliest convenience. Whenever I called the phone would ring three times then go to her voicemail. Called her again that Monday and left another message, because I was afraid I wasn't clear enough and forgot to add my phone number to the first message. Actually tried a couple more times to reach her, I didn't leave messages those times. Didn't receive a back until today. It'd been over two weeks since she initially contacted me. I mistakenly said I called her back last week, but really it was over two weeks ago. Her excuse was she was in and out of the office last week. There was bad weather in our area last week, but the week before it was totally fine. An hour shy of our five minute phone call, where she said she would call me back to let me know something, I received a email saying they're pursing candidates who match our needs more closely. Also, after she first contacted me I was locked out of the job posting, so I couldn't review it. I apply in December so the details of the job were fuzzy, I would have loved the chance to have review before she returned my call. My experience was bad. It's unfortunate that it took a total of 62 days to find out I wouldn't even be interviewed properly for the job.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Post DHL in November 2014.

Interview

I was not expecting a case interview by phone. The duration of the first phone interview was of about fifty minutes. First, we talked about my previous work experience, the reason of my gaps, my background an my education. Second, we talked about the company and how I could fit in the company. Finally he asked me for solve two simple cases. I couldn't understand very well the accent of the interviewer. I should have asked him to clarify many times, but was an awkward situation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deutsche Post DHL.

Interview

behavioral based interview process

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Post DHL (Plantation, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview which I thought I bombed (included a case interview in which I had to tell the director of DHL aviation if it would save money and be a good idea to not paint the DHL cargo plains). I got a call back later that day to schedule an office visit in Miami. They flew me down along with three other applicants. I took two assessment tests (kind of like 30 min GMAT sections) and two case interviews with behavioral added in. I was informed that day that I was not invited back. They said I did not have a structured approach to breaking down the question even though I got to the correct answers. All four of us applicants were dismissed.

Interview Questions

• Had to segment sections of a hypothetical warehousing business with no knowledge of that business.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Post DHL (Plantation, FL).

Interview

3 step process, Excel, Language and Interview with the Department
    Very Knowledgeable and Friendly group of professionals
    Pleasant Experience
    Long and Detailed Background Check

Records Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deutsche Post DHL (Columbia, SC) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position through their website and received a phone call approximately two weeks later to come in to complete a written exam, typing test and data entry test. I asked about the salary range, but the HR Rep said she did not have that information. I was told if I passed the written exam, I would move onto the typing and data entry tests and then I would be interviewed. The written exam had 50 questions in the area of math, grammar, language and logic. I only had 12 minutes to take it and it's expected that anyone taking it will not finish all 50 questions in 12 minutes. I passed and went onto the other tests and then the interview (they did not tell me how I did on any of the tests). The interview was basic, typical interview questions (give an example when you disagreed with a supervisor and how you handled it.... give an example of when you did not get along with a co-worker and how you handled it... describe yourself in three words... etc.). It lasted about 30-45 minutes. I asked the interviewer about the salary and he said that HR reviews your prior work history and decides what to offer and he could not tell me. At the end of the interview he asked that I go get a drug test completed, that the company would do a background check and if everything came back good, I would receive a job offer via email the following week. I interviewed on a Wed., and received a job offer a week and a half later. In my on-line application, I put my min. salary requirement as $40,000 and on my written application (that they had me complete prior to the testing) I put the same amount. Even though I was not told the salary range, I figured the offer would be somewhat within the min. requirement I listed. I WAS WRONG!!! The job offer was for $12.00 an hour. I declined the job. I'm not sure why they even bothered to interview me when I had such a high salary listed?!?!!!!

Interview Questions

• I did not consider any of the questions difficult. As stated in the review, they were standard (textbook) interview questions that I have been asked over and over.   Answer Question

Salary

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deutsche Post DHL (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

The interviewer introduced herself. Then asked some questions about my experience on the resume. Then Case Interview. Then I asked questions to her.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Post DHL (Plantation, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

Very Straight forward. Only 2 interviews and that was it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little room to negotiate.

Management Consulting, MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Post DHL (Plantation, FL) in November 2009.

Interview

I got the interview through the MIT European career fair. I had a 45 minute phone interview, then the second round consisted of three case interviews and a behavioral interview on-site in Fort Lauderdale. The third round consisted of four excersises (group tasks, presenting and case-related).

Everyone was extremely friendly and seem genuinely happy to work there. The people, the location and the opportunity for international projects sold me on DHL Management consulting

Interview Questions

• Very detailed business cases regarding real world projects they had. The type cases found on most management consultancy firms' websites. Starting with stating key factors involved in whether to enter a business or not and then numerical questions to determine profitability of the decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not very open to negotiation. Very structured pay rates depending on level.