Deutsche Post DHL Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.9

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deutsche Post DHL.

behavioral based interview process

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Post DHL in October 2013.

Had a phone interview which I thought I bombed (included a case interview in which I had to tell the director of DHL aviation if it would save money and be a good idea to not paint the DHL cargo plains). I got a call back later that day to schedule an office visit in Miami. They flew me down along with three other applicants. I took two assessment tests (kind of like 30 min GMAT sections) and two case interviews with behavioral added in. I was informed that day that I was not invited back. They said I did not have a structured approach to breaking down the question even though I got to the correct answers. All four of us applicants were dismissed.

Interview Questions
    • Had to segment sections of a hypothetical warehousing business with no knowledge of that business.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Post DHL.

3 step process, Excel, Language and Interview with the Department
    Very Knowledgeable and Friendly group of professionals
    Pleasant Experience
    Long and Detailed Background Check

Records Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

The process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Post DHL in May 2012.

I applied for the position through their website and received a phone call approximately two weeks later to come in to complete a written exam, typing test and data entry test. I asked about the salary range, but the HR Rep said she did not have that information. I was told if I passed the written exam, I would move onto the typing and data entry tests and then I would be interviewed. The written exam had 50 questions in the area of math, grammar, language and logic. I only had 12 minutes to take it and it's expected that anyone taking it will not finish all 50 questions in 12 minutes. I passed and went onto the other tests and then the interview (they did not tell me how I did on any of the tests). The interview was basic, typical interview questions (give an example when you disagreed with a supervisor and how you handled it.... give an example of when you did not get along with a co-worker and how you handled it... describe yourself in three words... etc.). It lasted about 30-45 minutes. I asked the interviewer about the salary and he said that HR reviews your prior work history and decides what to offer and he could not tell me. At the end of the interview he asked that I go get a drug test completed, that the company would do a background check and if everything came back good, I would receive a job offer via email the following week. I interviewed on a Wed., and received a job offer a week and a half later. In my on-line application, I put my min. salary requirement as $40,000 and on my written application (that they had me complete prior to the testing) I put the same amount. Even though I was not told the salary range, I figured the offer would be somewhat within the min. requirement I listed. I WAS WRONG!!! The job offer was for $12.00 an hour. I declined the job. I'm not sure why they even bothered to interview me when I had such a high salary listed?!?!!!!

Interview Questions
    • I did not consider any of the questions difficult. As stated in the review, they were standard (textbook) interview questions that I have been asked over and over.   Answer Question

Salary

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Post DHL in May 2011.

The interviewer introduced herself. Then asked some questions about my experience on the resume. Then Case Interview. Then I asked questions to her.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Post DHL in January 2010.

Very Straight forward. Only 2 interviews and that was it.

Interview Questions
    Very little room to negotiate.

Management Consulting, MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deutsche Post DHL in November 2009.

I got the interview through the MIT European career fair. I had a 45 minute phone interview, then the second round consisted of three case interviews and a behavioral interview on-site in Fort Lauderdale. The third round consisted of four excersises (group tasks, presenting and case-related).

Everyone was extremely friendly and seem genuinely happy to work there. The people, the location and the opportunity for international projects sold me on DHL Management consulting

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed business cases regarding real world projects they had. The type cases found on most management consultancy firms' websites. Starting with stating key factors involved in whether to enter a business or not and then numerical questions to determine profitability of the decision.   Answer Question
    Not very open to negotiation. Very structured pay rates depending on level.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Post DHL in October 2009.

It was good - It took a long time because most travel for work and it was hard to coordinate the timings.
    An offer was prepared for me but they had to put it on hold because of the hire freeze they recently had. Even though the problems being faced were in a different division it is their company policy that the hire freeze be done company-wide.
    The phone interview was to Germany where they have the Headquarters. Approximately about 9 interviewed me. I didn't have a problems with that. They wanted to make sure you are a fit.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sterling, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deutsche Post DHL in September 2009.

Was contacted by phone due to former employee recommendation. There were two (2) interviews, one from HR and the 2nd from Department head. There were multiple positions available due to my experience and they wanted to put me where i could do the best work. I started in customer service and moved up to Dispatcher

Global Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Post DHL in May 2014.

I was offered the opportunity by my Manager, and due to the long experience within the Group. It was a honor to accept, due to the fact that it proves that Management appreciates my job quality.

Worked for Deutsche Post DHL? Contribute to the Community!