Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum

Doktorand Interview

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum (Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg (Germany)) in May 2009.

Interview

Das Auswahlverfahren ist ein Verfahren in drei Schritten.

i) Bewerbung über die DKFZ Website, wenn eine offene Stelle bekanntgemacht wird.

ii) Bewerbungsgespräch am Telefon.

iii) Einladung, einen Vortrag über Ihre bisherige Forschungsarbeit zu geben. Der Ausschuss, der beurteilt, ist unter den Zuhörern und stellt zum Schluss Fragen.

The selection process is a three-steps process.
    i) Application through DKFZ website, when an open position is posted.
    ii) Phone interview.
    iii) Invitation for giving a lecture on your previous research work. The evaluation committee attend as audience and make questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Was erwarten Sie von Ihren Erfahrungen als Doktorand beim DKFZ?   What do you expect from your experience as PhD student at DKFZ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Es gab keine Verhandlungsphase, da die Höhe des Stipendiums festgesetzt war.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum in August 2008.

Interview

The communication was directly with my boss. First, it was quite unorganized as he travelled a lot and contact by mail or phone was difficult. Some days later I finally catched him and he invited my into his office. After asking some questions to my cv he hired me with the words: "Why don´t we give it a try!". People are very friendly, good working atmosphere despite long lab days.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave this university? I have good people working for me coming from this place?   Answer Question