Devcon® Security Systems

www.devconsecurity.com

Devcon® Security Systems Interview Questions

1.8

Security Account Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Devcon® Security Systems.

Initial interview by phone by branch manager, then in person interview by same manager, We talked for a while, he showed me the office layout and went over the payment plan. Then an offer was made on the spot and I told him I would have to give him my answer later. I called the next day and accepted.

The starting consisted of a starting base for the first 3 to 4 months declining to 0 while commission starts to build from sales. Plus there is a monthly gas allowance regardless.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Devcon® Security Systems in February 2013.

Great start to the process. High compensation expectations set. Real hands on in the beginning.

Interview Questions
    Training at $400 a week then $450 a job until 30 days, then commission based moving forward.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Devcon® Security Systems in September 2012.

Worked in security sales and was referred by a friend. Spoke over the phone with the hiring manager and he asked me some questions about my previous performance and how much I could potentially make there. Informal but straight to the point. That's just seems to be how the industry works, keeping things simple.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating as this was a full commission sales position.

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Devcon® Security Systems in March 2012.

The interview process was very easy. They really just asked questions relating to how competitive you are. There were no challenging questions as they seemed to be looking to hire anyone at my school that had interpersonal skills. Within a week several of us received offers for positions in Nashville.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you played sports growing up and you felt that you did not meet your personal expectations?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Devcon® Security Systems in October 2011.

I applied online through monster or career builder. The manager called me a couple days later to set up the interview. I met him the next day at his office. He gave me a presentation about the company and the product/service. All salespeople get tablets. The position is commission only. The pay is very low to start (about $400 per week). You are given $400/month to cover gas. He implied that some of his employees make $70-90K per year. He also said that there would be management positions opening up in the next year, which pay six figures.

Interview Questions
    • How do you find new clients? What source do you use to prospect? Do you work Saturdays?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Devcon® Security Systems in May 2011.

Easy at the time but now that they have been acquired by ADT I suspect the process will be a lot more rigorous. I mean they did require a drug test, good driving record, background check but some people still managed to get a job there...who shouldn't have. However, once you were hired - the human resources team was so overwhelmed that they couldn't keep up with the paperwork. People didn't get insurance on time, enrollment in 401K was missed by many (though they didn't even match it) & it took 3-4 months till direct deposit went into effect...well, that's if it was ever submitted anyway.

Interview Questions
    • No unusual questions or unexpected ones. It was super easy and brief.   Answer Question
    it was a take it or leave it negotiation. no room at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Devcon® Security Systems in March 2010.

you get a phone in terview then if they like what they hear they invite u back for a ce tot face . so if they like you then they give u a drug test and a background an tell you when to report

Call Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Devcon® Security Systems in December 2009.

After applying, I was called by the department head to set up an interview. My references were checked as I had previous experience in the industry with friends of the department head. I had one interview in person and was offered the position an hour later over the phone. Human resources was not involved in the interview process nor was any recruiter of any kind. Devcon has grown significantly since then but largely relies on the hiring managers to handle all interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Situation: Tell me about a time you resolved a dispute between two of your employees, etc.   Answer Question