Devereux Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Devereux (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call from HR in about a week. The interview format was a panel (2 supervisors, HR, and one other person) and group interview with 4 other people. The interview lasted about an hour. Questions weren't difficult. HR followed up a week later and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience like working in a team?   Answer Question

Direct Care Professional Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Devereux in July 2015.

Interview

Very friendly upbeat place! Very informative interview. Hiring process is a little long but every person I have encountered has been so nice and helpful. A lot of communication is done through email so ensure that you check your spam to make sure you aren't missing any emails.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devereux.

Interview

Very informal. Questions were mostly about client health and well-being. A lot of situational questions, i.e. if this happened how would you react/what would you do. No follow up since interview. Overall an average, but not impressive interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond your job duties?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Devereux (Wayne, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Was a very friendly and comfortable environment. Program Director was very professional and clear with the expectations and goals of the position. PD allowed me the opportunity to share my experiences and education in the field. It was a very pleasant and knowledgeable interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were in regards to leadership skills, consumers, and life threatening situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no much flexibility in terms of salary negotiation however at least I got luck....

Residential Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newfoundland, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Devereux (Newfoundland, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview went well. I was able to clearly relay my experience to the interviewer so they could better understand why I can do the job and why I want the job.

Direct Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryn Mawr, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Devereux (Bryn Mawr, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Went to one of their open houses. It was a lot of people and a VERY LONG wait. Anyhow, I decided PRN since their f/t location and hours we're suitable for me. The people there were nice and Come to find out They actually are the ones who do the hiring in. Anyhow, interview went well. Answered basic questions pertaining to the position and my background. Also, writing sample and questions.

Direct Support Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Devereux.

Interview

Well, I applied online on Monday and I got an email responding that they were holding open interviews the next day ( Tuesday). I attended the open interview. My interviewer was nice. She asked me questions in regards to my experience and behavior. After the interview she gave me a packet to fill out for background checks. She said they have to check references and I should hear from someone within a week. (Fingers-Crossed) I'll write another review if I get the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult....Questions like: Do you think it's important to work with team members? Explain a time you had to handle a crisis. Have you ever not gotten along with a co-worker and how did you handle it? If you seen a co-worker doing something inappropriate what would you do? and Explain time you had to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Devereux (West Chester, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

There were several interviews- The first being a "job fair" that they invite all who apply online to as well as accepting walk-ins to fill out applications. The second part is interviewing with one supervisor and then waiting on the gymnasium benches with the other applicants to see if you make it to the "next round" to interview with another supervisor. Then after all state and federal background/child abuse clearances have been received you must go in for another interview (usually about two weeks later) and they do not communicate with you to update you on that last interview. Then at the last interview they do an oral swab drug test and give you papers to go get fingerprinted and get a physical and get your clearances again. Finally about 1-2 weeks after that then they offer you the job.

Interview Questions

• "How do you think of yourself when it comes to your problem-solving skills?"   Answer Question

Direct Care Provider Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Devereux in February 2015.

Interview

It is was an easy process. They ask you straight forward questions and you meet with the manager that you might be working with and then after the interview they take you to one of the units and lets you shadow a staff.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working with the youth?   1 Answer

I: I Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devereux.

Interview

I received a phone call from the recruiter. She asked me some basic questions and said she would like for me to go meet with the group home manager. After setting up the second interview after the phone interview she said that my hours would be Tuesday-Saturday from 3-11 with it being very likely I would be staying much later. I told her this was not the position I applied for. She agreed and said age would call me back if a day position opened. She did call back the next day but I ended up taking another job offer that evening.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with special needs children?   Answer Question
    • Are you available for overtime in excess of 20 hours a week?   Answer Question

Was offered more money for another company. About double. They don't pay much so you need to love what you do here for it to be worth it. Just being honest.