Devereux Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2015
Updated Feb 3, 2015

2.7

Direct Support Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Devereux.

Well, I applied online on Monday and I got an email responding that they were holding open interviews the next day ( Tuesday). I attended the open interview. My interviewer was nice. She asked me questions in regards to my experience and behavior. After the interview she gave me a packet to fill out for background checks. She said they have to check references and I should hear from someone within a week. (Fingers-Crossed) I'll write another review if I get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult....Questions like: Do you think it's important to work with team members? Explain a time you had to handle a crisis. Have you ever not gotten along with a co-worker and how did you handle it? If you seen a co-worker doing something inappropriate what would you do? and Explain time you had to solve a problem.   Answer Question

I: I Aide Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Devereux.

I received a phone call from the recruiter. She asked me some basic questions and said she would like for me to go meet with the group home manager. After setting up the second interview after the phone interview she said that my hours would be Tuesday-Saturday from 3-11 with it being very likely I would be staying much later. I told her this was not the position I applied for. She agreed and said age would call me back if a day position opened. She did call back the next day but I ended up taking another job offer that evening.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience working with special needs children?   Answer Question
    • Are you available for overtime in excess of 20 hours a week?   Answer Question

Was offered more money for another company. About double. They don't pay much so you need to love what you do here for it to be worth it. Just being honest.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Hook, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Hook, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Devereux in September 2014.

Put application in online on a Thursday was called a week to the day for an interview. Set interview up for a Tuesday, was called day after interview and offered Job.

Interview Questions
    • If two individuals were disagreeing what would you do?   Answer Question
    • What was a situation you've been in that applies to this job?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. They are dead set on hours and wage.

Personal Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Devereux.

I was interviewed by a supervisor of one of the programs at Devereux. She asked me a series of questions about my experience with people who have mental disabilities.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate any terms, I accepted the job as they offered it to me.

Direct Care Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Devereux in March 2014.

The hiring process is very thorough - this company is very focused on recruiting and retaining excellent staff. After filling out an online application and submitting a resume, there is a phone interview, an in-person interview, and then an observation session to see if the organization will be a good match for you and vice versa.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not noticeably difficult or unexpected; the interviewer was very personable and forthcoming about what the organization is seeking in its staff. A thoughtful question was " tell me about a time when you did not agree with a coworker, and how you handled it" - there are many of these example type questions.   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was the only part of the interview process that was not smooth or thorough. They are pretty set on what they are offering, and let you know this upfront; however, it is pretty competitive and their benefits are very good.

Clinician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Devereux.

I went on an interview with HR and then a program director on the same day. I was called back for a larger interview with 4 or 5 people in the room asking me questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were about experience and scenarios. No real difficult questions just several people asking them.   Answer Question
    Tried to negotiate but they were not willing.

Residential Counselor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Devereux in May 2012.

I applied in person and they gave me a tour of the campus the same day to see if i was comfortable working with that particular population. A week after i submitted my application they called me in for an interview, and within the next two weeks i was in orientation.

They tell you the salary information upfront so their no hidden facts, and the benefits offered were good.

I: I Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millwood, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millwood, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Devereux in October 2011.

Interviews are quick and it was 2-3 people from administration interviewing.

Interview Questions
    There was none it was take it or leave it

Direct Care Profesional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Viera, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Viera, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Devereux in July 2011.

Overall, the interview process was well organized. There were 15 scripted questions. Many of which were scenarios. Initially, there were about 8-10 applicants in one room and we filled out apps. Afterwards, each applicant is assigned to a unit manager whcih consisted of 1:2. I felt that I did really great in the interview, but got declined for a job offer. They did call from HR, but it was 2 days later than what they said it would be. If you are new to this area of work, the interview questions might be difficult for you.

Interview Questions
    • If you saw a co-worker not doing his/her part in the workplace, how would you feel? What would you do about it?   Answer Question
    • If a client came to you and said that another worker was abusing them, what would you say? How would you handle the situation?   View Answer

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Devereux in April 2011.

After faxing my resume, I was called in for an interview. There were interviewing a lot of people so there was a small wait time. Overall it was pretty easy, I was asked questions regarding my previous experience in a behavioral health setting.

Interview Questions
    • If I saw an employee treating the clients in an unfair manner, what would I do?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate hours