Devon Energy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Devon Energy.

Interview Details – Went thru 3 rounds of interviews, the first round was a quick phone screen, the second round was one on one interviews and the final round was just to confirm their choice of the person for the job

Interview Question – Explain how you dealt with a difficult coworker   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Devon Energy in April 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by Human Resources staff via phone and invited to interview. Set time and place.
At interview, I was met by HR specialist and escorted to a conference room for the interview. Interviewer was the hiring manager. Questions were fairly standard for this type of position.
Contacted by HR three days later and offered the position with salary and benefit information over the phone.

Interview Question – Please explain in just a few words how your background applies to the energy business.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made a fair offer and I accepted.

Geoscience Technologist Interview

Geoscience Technologist
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Devon Energy in February 2012.

Interview Details – 5 interviews - 1 with HR, 2 with management, and 2 with each business unit's staff. All taking course over one day.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions; nothing out of the ordinary.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was given a week to consider the offer and counter. I countered but it was declined. I accepted the original offer.

Drilling Engineer Interview

Drilling Engineer
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Devon Energy in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied Online. 1st contact was by HR through phone to schedule a 1st phone interview. Next day, 1st phone interview was technical. Next day 2nd interview was scheduled for the following day at the company HQ in OKC. 2nd interview was several rounds: HR > Job Requisitioner > SME > Recruiter.

Interview Question – Typical HR question but SME dug into details of drilling engineering such as experience with Torque and Drag models. MWD/LWD/DD basics. Casing design basics. Software experience was also discussed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Recruiter asked previous job compensation and came up with a job offer that more than amply beat the last one. Was also considerate of the fact that I had another job offer on hand and beat that offer too.

Land Intern Interview

Land Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Devon Energy.

Interview Details – I went through a formal interview process at the University of Oklahoma. The interview was a positive experience and the interviewers were very kind and comforting.

Interview Question – All of the questions were very casual. No behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Instrumentation and Electrical Intern Interview

Instrumentation and Electrical Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Devon Energy in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was a panel interview composed of 3 gentlemen, 1 HR, 1 engineer and 1 Supervisor. They made me feel so relaxed and they were very forthcoming. Overall the difficulty was average. The interview took place on campus, and it lasted for 30 mins. The hiring process from the day i applied for the position to the day i received the offer took approximately 6 to 8 weeks.

Interview Question – non that i can remember.   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Accounting Intern
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Devon Energy.

Interview Details – I applied through my college's career services and met with some of the accountants at a career fair. The selection for an interview process was fairly quick. They were the first company to contact me for an interview. At the first interview, I was greeted by someone who I'd met at the career fair who remembered who I was. The actual interview was a panel of 3 and they seemed very interested in knowing who I was. The questions were difficult and behavioral but they were ones that I didn't expect to be asked. At times it was difficult to answer their questions and talk to all of them because they were sitting in a circle so I kept having to turn. It took about two weeks to hear back about a second interview. The second interview was an office visit. It was a series of interviews with supervisors in different accounting departments. The interviews went fairly well, but some of the interviewers were quiet and didn't really ask a lot of questions. They responded quickly within that same week.

Interview Question – Tell me about business etiquette/professionalism.   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineering Intern Interview

Petroleum Engineering Intern
Stillwater, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Devon Energy in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through my college's recruiting site for Devon. I was one of 200 to get accepted for an interview and was 2 of 20 selected for the internship. It was a laid back style of interview with typical interview questions. One of the easier interviews that I have been in.

Interview Question – Not really any hard or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

EHS Professional Contract Manager Interview

EHS Professional Contract Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Devon Energy.

Interview Details – This was a third interview, great overall experience. The interview was conducted in two parts, a HR Overview and a panel that consisted of a potential peer, immediate supervisor, department HR rep, and department head. Standard questions that needed to be answered in a STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). Overall excellent experience, HR Rep asked questions that allowed me to fill in potential knowledge gaps, immediate supervisor allowed me to,discuss potential solutions to existing burdens.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to educate a group on something technical?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Devon Energy in April 2011.

Interview Details – I found out about the position through a friend who worked at the company and asked her a lot of questions before deciding to apply. Once I applied, I was contacted by HR and had an afternoon of interviews set up with the manager and Sr Manager. The second round was with the stakeholder groups I would be supporting.

Interview Question – The stakeholders seemed unhappy with past experiences at the company and wanted to know how I would "fix" them. It's difficult to say with limited information but I walked them through my thought process for handling problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR asked a lot of questions about my current compensation package (including bonuses, stock, and other benefits) before submitting an offer to me. So, it was generous and appropriate.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Devon Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Devon Energy interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Devon Energy employees and interview candidates.