Devon Energy

Updated Oct 25, 2014

2.9

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Devon Energy.

Applied through my University Career website. Got accepted and scheduled an interview. I was interviewed by 2 Managers who were cool. I was told I will be contacted within weeks if I was chosen. Got a phone call about 2 weeks later by one of my interviewers offering me the position

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical. Asked about my experience and projects on my resume. Mostly behavioral questions. The only question I can remember is Tell me about a time where you took initiative   Answer Question
    No negotiation because it is an internship but the offer was good

Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Devon Energy.

Went through on-campus internviews. From talking to them to the career fair to the day of the offer, the entire process took about a month. First round interviews were on campus with three employees, second round was at their building and was three back-to-back, one-on-one interviews. First interview had questions that you would never really think of. Not hard, just very specific. Second round was a lot more conversational and behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • tell us the top 3 companies you want to work for and why   Answer Question
    No negotiation

SCADA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Devon Energy in October 2014.

HR is over whelmed. Can take months before they contact you. Upper Management has little oil & gas experience & fear anyone that does.....so don't expect the job. If you have experience that equates to more money for them. They will ask you questions & have no idea what they need to be looking for.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question if you are qualified for the job. Only apply if you are a veteran and young.   View Answer

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Devon Energy in September 2014.

Submitted application online which was very easy. Contacted within 10 days. Asked to schedule an interview. The day of interview met with 4 different managers and an HR specialist. Devon is very thorough and very easy to talk to. I liked the professionalism of the HR team.

Interview Questions

Had other offers and chose one that was better suited to me.

Accounting Inern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Devon Energy in September 2014.

I was in a room with 3 other people who took turns asking me various questions. They had a huge list of questions and would randomly pick from the list so the questions asked are not the same for each interview. They do ask a good amount of behavioral questions related to your resume and some tricky questions to trip you up. After the initial interview, they had a morning on-site interview process where each candidate would have 3 one-on-one interviews and lunch. After the on-site interviews, they would make their selection for the internship.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult project you have worked on in Excel?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Devon Energy.

Went thru 3 rounds of interviews, the first round was a quick phone screen, the second round was one on one interviews and the final round was just to confirm their choice of the person for the job

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you dealt with a difficult coworker   View Answer
    No negotiation

Land Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Devon Energy.

I went through a formal interview process at the University of Oklahoma. The interview was a positive experience and the interviewers were very kind and comforting.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were very casual. No behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Devon Energy in December 2013.

Applied Online. 1st contact was by HR through phone to schedule a 1st phone interview. Next day, 1st phone interview was technical. Next day 2nd interview was scheduled for the following day at the company HQ in OKC. 2nd interview was several rounds: HR > Job Requisitioner > SME > Recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Typical HR question but SME dug into details of drilling engineering such as experience with Torque and Drag models. MWD/LWD/DD basics. Casing design basics. Software experience was also discussed.   View Answer
    Recruiter asked previous job compensation and came up with a job offer that more than amply beat the last one. Was also considerate of the fact that I had another job offer on hand and beat that offer too.

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Devon Energy.

I applied through my college's career services and met with some of the accountants at a career fair. The selection for an interview process was fairly quick. They were the first company to contact me for an interview. At the first interview, I was greeted by someone who I'd met at the career fair who remembered who I was. The actual interview was a panel of 3 and they seemed very interested in knowing who I was. The questions were difficult and behavioral but they were ones that I didn't expect to be asked. At times it was difficult to answer their questions and talk to all of them because they were sitting in a circle so I kept having to turn. It took about two weeks to hear back about a second interview. The second interview was an office visit. It was a series of interviews with supervisors in different accounting departments. The interviews went fairly well, but some of the interviewers were quiet and didn't really ask a lot of questions. They responded quickly within that same week.

Instrumentation and Electrical Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Devon Energy in October 2013.

It was a panel interview composed of 3 gentlemen, 1 HR, 1 engineer and 1 Supervisor. They made me feel so relaxed and they were very forthcoming. Overall the difficulty was average. The interview took place on campus, and it lasted for 30 mins. The hiring process from the day i applied for the position to the day i received the offer took approximately 6 to 8 weeks.