Dewey & LeBoeuf Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2015

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dewey & LeBoeuf

Attorney Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dewey & LeBoeuf.

Interview

Applied directly to HR department. Received an interview invitation. In one day, had separate meetings with personnel, including Attorney HR Coordinator, Director and Chief of the department. Interview lasted 2-3 hours, I believe. Generally good-humored. Coordinator was willing to answer honestly questions about work environment.

Interview Questions

• Questions about planned length of stay were difficult, because I wasn't sure I could commit to the company long-term unless there were clear paths to promotion. (I was told there was opportunity for raises/promotion but, in the end, I faced significant difficulty obtaining raises/promotions despite additional responsibilities.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate for small sign-on bonus contingent upon my remaining with team for at least one year. Unsuccessful attempts to negotiate for an increase in overall pay/more PTO. A bit frustrating.

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dewey & LeBoeuf (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Pleasant chat with a very senior partner before being grilled by senior associates. Very relaxed atmosphere inside Hollywood grade law offices. There is no interview process set in stone. Mine was with a partner then a senior associate. I knew I was in after talking to the partner. I think I got lucky...or did I?

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dewey & LeBoeuf (New York, NY) in December 2008.

Interview

Comfortable process. Testing was comfortable.

Negotiation

Simple and professional

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dewey & LeBoeuf in October 2008.

Interview

highly professional environment, several interviews before meeting with principal

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing