Dex One Interview Questions

2.7

Digital Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dex One in December 2013.

The interview process started with a phone interview. Lasted about an hour. After that a Skype interview was conducted. The worst part about this is that the interviewer did not show himself, that was very strange and uncomfortale and the skype part was not necessary. The questions were scripted and the interview lasted about an hour. The 3rd interview was a ride along with the sales manager. This part was very valuable since it really gave a good indication of what the job was going to be like.

Interview Questions
    • Since the interview was scripted, there were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

The territory was set up to be in my home town for 6 months and out of town, overnight, for the other 6 months.

Premise Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dex One.

The recruitment process was fairly detailed but went quickly and smoothly. The interview process was also timely and appropriate questions were asked. The interview was kept to sales related questions and situations. Be prepared to be asked to role play and "sell" yourself during the interview

Interview Questions
    • A script was given and asked to be played out with the hiring manager   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dex One in October 2013.

I was contacted by a outside company, to go in for my interview, i went in for the interview basic questions, sells, technology mutli tasking, a week later i went in for testing, passed my test next day came back for an interview with the manager, two days later i was hired, and informed they would be doing a background check, just currently waiting on those results, its been 10days so far with a start date on mon. the 18th.

Interview Questions
    • In the management interview, i was told to describe myself, based on my resume.   Answer Question
    there was none, it was set pay and hours

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dex One.

want to know if you have erver had any kind of selling experience, then they want to know what type of saleperson you are. They want to know if you will work extra hours? Are you a good closer? Are you able to over come objections?

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how to find a need in a customers discovery portion of the sale.   View Answer

Major Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dex One.

The process for hiring has changed since my employment 17 years agi

Interview Questions
    • they will ask you questions about your knowledge of overcoming objections   Answer Question
    I had to sell my skills and experience in order to obtain one level higher on sales job

Account Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dex One.

I received an email from a recruiter. We agreed on a time to speak, after the phone interview I was asked to come in to do an in person interview. The interview was with 2 sales managers. Standard questions- why do you want to be in sales? What do you think makes a good sales person?

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a customer who is dissatisfied with their advertising?   Answer Question
    This was my first real job out of college and they offered me a good salary and benefits so I accepted without negotiating.

Marketing Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dex One.

Via phone. Brief. If I had met with the manager who interviewed me face to face, I would not have taken the position. Not only did he not provide much information regarding the position he failed to mention that I would be in the field and away from home for more than 8 months per year. He did not give any information other than to state he had finally found something he could sell.

Interview Questions
    • None. It appeared that this manager has a higher turn over than most and was desperate so if you could provide the necessary documents and pass the background, you were hired.   Answer Question
    none, rushed to class

Solution Center Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Dex One.

This company has an amazing ability to hire the best people!! This was a difficult job and you wore many hats, but it was very rewarding.

Interview Questions
    • the questions in the interview were not difficult at all.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Telephone Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dex One.

Group of 4 managers - I worked already with the company in several other positions - so this process was not difficult as managers already knew me.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dex One in December 2012.

Very disorganized and deceptive recruiting process. Main outsourced recruiter for the Chicagoland (Lombard) office is Accolo, who outsources recruiting to other agencies. Company still going through restructuring after bankruptcy & downsizing from 2010 - 2011. Wasted 3 days interviewing for a falsely advertised position.

Interview Questions
    • Thought the company was trying to shake the Yellow Pages image, but there is a large emphasis on selling print advertizing in the phone book, because the company makes a larger margin on these products. Can you realistically sell print ads in phone books to company's nowadays as more and more companies are focusing on digital advertising to curb costs?   View Answer

Cited a compensation range of $32K - $67K, depending on experience. I fall in the higher skilled bucket and made it through all 3 interview rounds. Was made an offer for $32K which I declined. They're trying to buy cheap labor irrespective of experience or skill level.

Deceptive advertising to lure high quality candidates to fill low-end sales positions. Exaggeration of benefits.