Dex One

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dex One.

Interview Details – I’ve interviewed w/Dex One on 2 occasions, both were utter disasters due to lack of professionalism & manners and a complete misunderstanding of how to properly interview a candidate. Both times were a waste of my time: I made sure to tell HR I wouldn't take an offer should one come my way.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult or unexpected: it was the behavior. One sr. PM used air quotes when talking about my experience ("Tell me about this "contract" work you've done") then said there was a grammatical error on my resume, though he wouldn't say where. 2 people I interviewed w/bad mouthed other departments. One VP brought in his laptop and send emails out for 15 mins of the interview while ignoring me. A designer kept asking me to fix a specific problem they had: I gave an answer she thought was too general. She wanted specifics. When I told her that I was not able to help with the actual (unreleased) application as I am not privy to all the data for what happens w/the process at Dex One she seemed upset. 2 engineers I interviewed with had no questions at all; one kept asking me if I wanted more water, the other talked about his commute.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Premise Marketing Consultant Interview

Premise Marketing Consultant
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Dex One in June 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process was quick for me. One interview, job offered the next day. My experience was not typical of the current process. The current process can take up to 4 interviews and couple weeks until job offer is made. All job offers are contingent on clearing a background check. And they do check so make sure you are precise on your application, if there are any discrepancy they will rescind the offer.

Interview Question – Questions are all typical sales interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Office is part of a union, no negotiation.

Premise Sales Interview

Premise Sales
Mesa, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dex One in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview is scheduled through a third party which made the entire process much more complicated than it should have been. It was not confirmed that I had cleared the background check till the day before I was scheduled to fly out of state for the month long training.

Interview Question – How do you expect to compete with other candidates that have 5-7 years more sales experience?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Consultant -Telephone Interview

Sales Consultant -Telephone
Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dex One in February 2012.

Interview Details – The recruiter made promises that were put in writing that the company cancelled after I was hired, difficult for me because I turned down another job based on the written offer. The interview is the standard STAR process, tell us about a time (situation), when you (task), what did you do (action), what was the result (result).

Interview Question – Nothing if you pull internet question listings you will have about every form of question you will be asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter lied in writing and the company renigged on the promises that were made.

IT Support Interview

Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dex One in December 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was very lengthy, to the point that a position was taken at another company will waiting to hear back from this one. I had to leave my current place of employment after receiving a job offer from Dex One. There were multiple phone interviews and one on one sessions in addition to long gaps of not hearing anything back. Finally, after a period of weeks, I received a call and an offer was made.

Marketing Consultant Interview

Marketing Consultant
Lone Tree, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dex One in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process is very detailed and consist of an initial phone screening, then two phone interviews and finally a face to face which was also to include a final face to face .

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Senior QA Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dex One in June 2012.

Interview Details – Seemed like sharp people, miscommunication regarding the skillset on screening call. Interview was using Skype (the hiring manager works in another city), appears to be level headed in fast pace environment. Company appears to be business casual. They looking to hire someone specifcally with Selenium automation experience. Asked some specific technical questions, skill set simply was not a match.

Digital Sales Executive - Hunter Interview

Digital Sales Executive - Hunter
Fort Myers, FL

Interview Details – Started off with a recruiter contacting me. Did a phone interview with her, scheduled for a face to face. I walked in and remember there being close to 20 people scattered around the room waiting to interview with 1 manager. It was way out of the ordinary. I actually walked out because I thought the chaos implied there was NO CHANCE of me getting the position when there are more qualified candidates than I. Well, I walk out call my GF and tell her I'm not going to interview. She says give it a shot...well I went back in. The manager was ecstatic about me, scheduled me for an intense interview with the GM/VP the next week. That one went exceptionally well apparently but I thought I was cut. NOPE NOT YET! I got a call 2 hours later asking me to come back IMMEDIATELY for a 3rd interview with a Sales Manager. Today, I got a call from the HR department expressing the offer for employment.

Interview Question – Why would we hire over someone with more experience in Advertising Sales?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Lone Tree, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dex One in July 2010.

Interview Details – Started with a phone screening and initial interview set. The first interview appointment consisted of 4 separate interviews with a variety of positions that would interact with the candidate, including Department head, fellow product manager, sales manager and IT product engineer. Second interview included department head and 3 additional people, including another product manager that had joined the company 1 week earlier. Over the span of weeks ended up interviewing with a total of 12 separate people, with a couple of them twice. Found out 10 days or so later that there ended up being an internal restructure that misplaced employees, and the position I had been interviewing for had been filled internally.

I found the people I met with friendly, and very approachable, but passionate about their work. I felt that it would have been a great match for my skill set and work ethic. By the time they reached out again in a few months for a new open position, I did not pursue it because the new position was contract and I had already accepted a permanent position elsewhere.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you failed and how you handled it   Answer Question

Digital Sales Executive Interview

Maple Grove, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dex One in December 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter call, 2 days later 1:1 interview with the Digital Sales Manager, who hasn't updated her LinkedIn profile since her last position with a different company, then 1:1 interview with a print advertising manager.

After meeting with both and being qualified for the position, I received a template email that I was no longer being considered as a candidate. After speaking with a current employee, I learned that Dex, at one time, had the entire building filled with employees but now occupies only the top floor.

Being that the position came down to me and one other candidate, I expected the common courtesy of a phone call as to why I was no longer being considered. By the way, they just reposted the exact same position again.

Interview Question – How would you handle a business owner yelling at you to get our of their business?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dex One