Dex One Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

0.0

Algorithm Scientist/Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dex One (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter twice and Interviewed twice with different engineers/scientists. One of whom was a director of analytics.

As a PhD holder, I was asked very basic linear algebra and probability questions. Nothing wrong with that. Interviewer has a PhD obviously but was socially quite awkward. For that, I interrupted him during the call and said "I don't think this is going to work". He somewhat agreed. We left at that.

Not exactly sure what Dexone is trying to achieve with or leverage big data. Maybe they will get there someday.

Interview Questions

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dex One (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I’ve interviewed w/Dex One on 2 occasions, both were utter disasters due to lack of professionalism & manners and a complete misunderstanding of how to properly interview a candidate. Both times were a waste of my time: I made sure to tell HR I wouldn't take an offer should one come my way.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult or unexpected: it was the behavior. One sr. PM used air quotes when talking about my experience ("Tell me about this "contract" work you've done") then said there was a grammatical error on my resume, though he wouldn't say where. 2 people I interviewed w/bad mouthed other departments. One VP brought in his laptop and send emails out for 15 mins of the interview while ignoring me. A designer kept asking me to fix a specific problem they had: I gave an answer she thought was too general. She wanted specifics. When I told her that I was not able to help with the actual (unreleased) application as I am not privy to all the data for what happens w/the process at Dex One she seemed upset. 2 engineers I interviewed with had no questions at all; one kept asking me if I wanted more water, the other talked about his commute.   Answer Question