DexCom Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DexCom.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted me about two weeks after I submitted my resume. It was just a typical phone screen. A couple of days after the phone screen, my in-person interview was scheduled for the week after. The daily attire is business casual attire, take that into consideration when you choose your interview outfit. Met with the hiring manager and two of her supervisors. Was asked both basic OOP questions and testing questions. (OOP questions were tailored to my self-assessed level of skill - they ask you to rate yourself.)

Interview Questions

• They asked a "how would you test this" scenario. Example: (and this is an example only...not the exact question) How would you test a vending machine?   Answer Question

Software Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DexCom (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through online, I got call 2 weeks later from HR and scheduled for in person interview. Standard object oriented, software testing tool oriented questions. Also questions regarding their product and company details. Interview was with technical lead and hiring manager. Then few behavioral questions were asked. The interviewers were professional and friendly.

Software Test Interview

Interview

Questions concerning why was I interested were asked. Programming questions of basic object oriented programming were asked. No algorithm questions were asked. Interview was with programmer and lead head of testing department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Two months of waiting for a decision and filling out paperwork

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DexCom (San Diego, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was 2 hours and I spoke to 2 different people at a time, with a total of 8 people at the end. We discussed everything on my resume

Interview Questions

• What are my strengths and weaknesses? How do I handle tough situations?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DexCom (Oakland, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by face to face. Telephone interview was very straightforward. Face to face interview was very cold, unengaging, maybe that was my fault. Was concerned about my pharmaceutical experience and lack of medical device experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to role-play selling a spiral bound note book.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DexCom (San Diego, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by 6-8 people. All of whom were competent and pleasant to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I prefer not to comment, but it was not difficult.

Scientist Interview

Interview

Long waiting after the interview. People are late in the interview.

Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DexCom (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied for the position online. Within a week, I received a call from the department supervisor and asked me if I would be available later for a phone interview. During the interview, I was asked about my experiences and future goals. The manager also told me more about the position and what the plans and responsibilities were for the position. before the interview concluded, I was asked if I had any questions of my own. The manager said that if I heard back in a week, it meant that they were interested. If I didn't hear back in 2 weeks, it meant they decided to go with another applicant.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DexCom (San Diego, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

This was just the initial phone interview. Waiting to hear back & hopefully be able to go in for face to face.

Software Testing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at DexCom (San Diego, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I had just the one interview with HR and they basically hired me on the spot. I was referred by one of the senior software managers that I knew personally.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A