Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Diageo
- Manager (4)
- Supply Leadership Development Program (3)
- Graduate Trainee (3)
- Executive Assistant (2)
- Sales Representative (2)
- Credit Controller (2)
- Category Manager (2)
- Production Team Leader (2)
- Brand Manager (2)
- Marketing Intern (2)
- Finance Analyst (2)
- Finance Manager (2)
- Sales Executive (1)
- International Business Development Manager (1)
- Senior Treasury Analyst (1)
- Service Delivery Analyst (1)
- Procurement Specialist (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Marketing Manager (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Managing Director (1)
- GRADUATE POSITION (1)
- Anonymous (1)
- AREA SALES MANAGER (1)
- Key Account Manager (1)
- Summer Intern (1)
- Supply Chain (1)
- Finance (1)
- BDM (1)
- Management Trainee (1)
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Diageo.
Fast paced, direct interview style. Unfortunately, the company flew several students graduating later out to fill a position with immediate openings. They seemed surprised we couldn't start. After being forced to decline the offer was spent a lot of time looming around th
- What's your fav color 1 Answer
Helpful (1)Declined OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Diageo.
Was recruited through university info session. After being contacted, I received an invitation for a "virtual interview" where I recorded answers to behavioral questions. Following the virtual interview were 3 assessments meant to test skills and personality. Finally I was invited for an on-site visit which consisted of 4 separate interviews. They included: One 1:1 presentation--I was assigned a business case and given time to present a presentation; One 1:1 behavioral interview; One "mock" meeting--I was given role play instructions and asked to play out a scenario; One group project--we were assigned to groups of 6-7 and given time to solve a business case and present findings.
- How do you promote the "drink responsibly" campaign in your personal life? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Diageo (East Lansing, MI) in January 2015.
First round interview with two current employees as a preliminary screening of a candidate. Interview only lasted about 30 minutes asking very general questions about resume and work experience. Was not a direct interview, but very vague and had no direction. Then is a second round interview at facility
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Diageo.
Video interview - very friendly, very encouraging process. Behavioral questions well suited to a STAR approach. It may take some time to get used to talking to your computer, so practice and prepare before hand.
- Tell me about your work experience Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 8+ months – interviewed at Diageo.
Sad; long and painful, with little feedback. Very poor professional management of the process; letting you know who is competing for the position and setting one off against the other; very poor.
- Have you ever been fired? Answer Question
There was none; here is the salary; take it or leave it.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Diageo (Norwalk, CT) in December 2014.
Was reached out by HR on LinkedIn. The overall process included one phone screen by HR, one round HireVue video interview and one super day. HireVue interview included 10 questions, mostly behavior based. Make sure your video camera and lighting are good, wear suit. Super day was held in company HQ in CT, met the team during breakfast and lunch time, and was assigned one business case presentation and three in person interviews. Questions were mostly behavior based and going over resume. Timeline: HireVue was followed 2 weeks after initial contact, then super day after another 2 weeks. Position was offered two days after super day.
- Tell me about yourself. Answer Question
Overall package was more than I expected. However I was able to negotiate a little sign on bonus due to relocation.
- Accepted Offer
Assesment center with behavioural questions, role playing. Nothing really unexpected. My interviewer was very great to talk to, standard questions (strengths, tell me about a time...). Make sure to prepare some answers for behavioral situations regarding leadership or how you handle a difficult situation when you are leading a team
- Assesment center with behavioural questions, role playing. Nothing really unexpected. My interviewer was very great to talk to, standard questions (strengths, tell me about a time...). Make sure to prepare some answers for behavioral situations regarding leadership or how you handle a difficult situation when you are leading a team Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Diageo in October 2014.
I applied through my school hiring system and went to an information session. I only got a first round interview since they were only looking for an undergraduate student for this position. The interviewer told me that Diageo is a great company to work for since their products are always on top and they try to give back to the community and promote safe consumption of alcohol. There seems to be a lot of potential to learn with the supply leadership development program, including some R&D/Production experience if you are coming from a Food Science background.
- Nothing really unexpected. My interviewer was very great to talk to, standard questions (strengths, tell me about a time...). Make sure to prepare some answers for behavioral situations regarding leadership or how you handle a difficult situation when you are leading a team. Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
Fast, easy and they make up their minds rather quickly if you're a hire. I got called by a recruiter and they got me in with phone interview that same week… while my offer was waiting in a few weeks from first contact.
- Honestly, nothing specific I can recall, just very throughou and asked a ton of specifics about experience, and times when x or y didn't go your way, how you handled it and that sort of stuff. Just be able to back up every single item on your resume. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Diageo.
The pre-interview process was quick. One HR call and then direct call to their event. Had 3 separate interviews with 3 different people. One was a case presentation and the other 2 were 1-1. I was told I will be communicated about the result in a week. However , no response. I totally understand if they found that I wasn't a good fit or if they found someone else, but I guess as a matter of courtesy the HR should at least convey the result. Emails went unanswered. I think they owe an answer to the candidates who were interviewed on site. I'm sure they wouldn't be having to answer like 1000 candidates. Not getting back to people who are being interviewed for management /executive positions shows the professionalism of this company. That is just ridiculous. People take time out of their schedule to attend interviews possibly with loss of pay. I think Diageo should atleast respect this fact. What Diageo needs first and foremost is a decent HR/ recruitment team. The interviews themselves were okay. Questions were on demonstrating leadership qualities, what's the best thing about your job , where do you see yourself in coming years, why diageo etc.
- One of them was a sort of stress question imo - I don't think you will be a good fit for this role , convince me otherwise. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review