Diageo Interview Questions & Reviews

56 interviews

3.1

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Diageo in June 2014.

I was contacted by Diageo after filling out an online application. I was never phoned but asked to complete an interview via HireVue. About a week after completing the interview, the Talent team asked to speak with me about their interview process. The Talent Manager selected a time and then didn't appear for her meeting which was in the morning. I emailed her twice and received no response. The next day at mid morning I receive an email from her saying that we could talk that next day. Again she never called. This time, I called twice and sent an email but received no response.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help someone?   Answer Question

Spec Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plainfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IL

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Diageo in December 2013.

It was a pretty straight forward phone screen. The current position interview was pretty short as my resume had been forwarded from my interview a month back. No odd ball questions but just experience about SAP questions. Previous product background with liquids and frozen foods helped with my current interview. The first interview was in December so all in all, it took a month even though the second interviewer came back in a week to hire me. This, of course, doesn't include the 2 week background check, so one can add 3 weeks to the one month from December 2013 interview.

contract position so the pay is low. I took it to gain experience in databases as my old company is moving to a different state.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Diageo in October 2013.

Was contacted by HR for an initial 30 minute phone interview. After that, I received a call the next week asking me to complete 3 online personal assessments, one for maths, one for verbal, and one for some sort of operations test. I went to the interview a couple days later, was met right on time by my first interviewer. Basic questions, tell me about yourself, etc. Why Diageo, etc. Then about 10 minutes later, his boss came in and basically conducted the exact same interview over again. Both really nice. Both wanted short, quick answers, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in Diageo in 5 years?   View Answer

Brand Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Diageo in February 2013.

Interview process was great. I had a 1st round phone interview with a Brand Manager and then I moved on to their on-site interviews. It was a two day process where the first night was about getting to know a lot of the ABM and BM you could be potentially working with. This was done via happy hour.

The next day were interviews with a couple managers and a case study. The interviews were very typical. One was more of a technical interview to test your marketing/branding knowledge. The second was mostly about fit and will you work well long-term.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a brand, not one of ours, that connects with its target market. How so?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Diageo in February 2013.

The Recruiter contacted me late January for a 30 minute screening. Another Recruiter contacted me to set up an in person interview with two managers and a phone interview with the director. The interview was pretty casual, questions relating to the job. Took three tests prior to the interview - Personality, Verbal and Technical Tests.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Diageo in February 2013.

Good people, seemed like an open-door culture. Be prepared to take some online skill and personality tests before your interview. Mine consisted of a verbal/critical reasoning as well as business math, but yours might be different depending on the job. The tests are timed, so make sure you are fully alert & rested before taking them -- I wasn't, lol.

Interview Questions
    • How would you create a culture for success? (leading, mentoring, etc.)   Answer Question

Production Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Plainfield, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Diageo in October 2011.

It is hard to get an interview in the first place. I only finally got a chance because I knew someone there. The interview started off with a call to go into a third party testing center to take a proficiency exam (was not too hard). A week later I received a call to come in for an interview which consisted of three people and took about 45 minutes.

Senior Financial Analyst, Franchise Division Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Diageo in July 2011.

I applied online through their website. I was contacted by HR and they set up a phone interview within two days. The phone interview was more skill based rather than the general behavior based HR interviews. She asked me to review my resume and then she drilled in on those areas that specifically applied to the position. At the end of the interview she started talking money to my surprise, she asked for details on all of my current compensation and gave me details on their benefits and also indicated that she could get me a better package than the one that I had at that time. She then told me that the hiring manager would like for me to come in for a face to face the very next day. The face to face interviews were with the hiring manager and his manager. The interviews were pretty much the same as the phone interview - they just asked that I go through my resume with them and then they drilled down on specific areas that would apply directly to the job. I was told at the end of the interview when I should expect to hear something and I heard back within that time period. Instead of sending the general form letter, the first HR person that I spoke to called me and informed me that they had an internal candidate that they were going to go with. She then gave me feedback from the managers and told me that she would keep me in the pool for future openings in my area. One point that she made was that the managers didn't feel that my response to the question "Why are you leaving your current company?" was strong enough - so make sure that you have put some thought into a diplomatic answer as to exactly why you want to leave before you interview.

Finance Development Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Diageo in October 2010.

Started with a 30 minute behavioral phone interview and an online personality test, then invited to fly to headquarters in CT. First night was a cocktail/dinner introduction event. Day consisted of an Excel test, two interviews, a small group case exercise, and breakfast/lunch where you could talk with employees. Again, it was mostly behavior based. Everyone was very nice, and the office environment seemed unique and exciting. The process and decision period was quick as promised, which was nice.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were faced with a challenge and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Roswell, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Diageo in May 2010.

Received phone call from H.R to schedule an appointment, interview itself consisted of 2 and then 2 people from the business interviewing me. Basic interview questions, asked about my resume to expand on certain experiences and that was basically it.

Never got a call back, I have a feeling it was due to my school schedule

Interview Questions
    • If you walk into a liquor store to count the bottles unsold, but the clerk is screaming at you to leave, what do you do?   View Answers (3)

Worked for Diageo? Contribute to the Community!