Diageo

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

3.1

Team Member Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Diageo.

Sad; long and painful, with little feedback. Very poor professional management of the process; letting you know who is competing for the position and setting one off against the other; very poor.

Interview Questions
    There was none; here is the salary; take it or leave it.

Supply Leadership Development Program Interview Interview

Assesment center with behavioural questions, role playing.

Interview Questions
    • Assesment center with behavioural questions, role playing.

Answer Question
    no negotiation

Supply Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Diageo in October 2014.

I applied through my school hiring system and went to an information session. I only got a first round interview since they were only looking for an undergraduate student for this position. The interviewer told me that Diageo is a great company to work for since their products are always on top and they try to give back to the community and promote safe consumption of alcohol. There seems to be a lot of potential to learn with the supply leadership development program, including some R&D/Production experience if you are coming from a Food Science background.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. My interviewer was very great to talk to, standard questions (strengths, tell me about a time...). Make sure to prepare some answers for behavioral situations regarding leadership or how you handle a difficult situation when you are leading a team.   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Fast, easy and they make up their minds rather quickly if you're a hire. I got called by a recruiter and they got me in with phone interview that same week… while my offer was waiting in a few weeks from first contact.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, nothing specific I can recall, just very throughou and asked a ton of specifics about experience, and times when x or y didn't go your way, how you handled it and that sort of stuff. Just be able to back up every single item on your resume.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Diageo.

The pre-interview process was quick. One HR call and then direct call to their event. Had 3 separate interviews with 3 different people. One was a case presentation and the other 2 were 1-1. I was told I will be communicated about the result in a week. However , no response. I totally understand if they found that I wasn't a good fit or if they found someone else, but I guess as a matter of courtesy the HR should at least convey the result. Emails went unanswered. I think they owe an answer to the candidates who were interviewed on site. I'm sure they wouldn't be having to answer like 1000 candidates. Not getting back to people who are being interviewed for management /executive positions shows the professionalism of this company. That is just ridiculous. People take time out of their schedule to attend interviews possibly with loss of pay. I think Diageo should atleast respect this fact. What Diageo needs first and foremost is a decent HR/ recruitment team.

The interviews themselves were okay. Questions were on demonstrating leadership qualities, what's the best thing about your job , where do you see yourself in coming years, why diageo etc.

Interview Questions
    • One of them was a sort of stress question imo - I don't think you will be a good fit for this role , convince me otherwise.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Diageo in June 2014.

I was contacted by Diageo after filling out an online application. I was never phoned but asked to complete an interview via HireVue. About a week after completing the interview, the Talent team asked to speak with me about their interview process. The Talent Manager selected a time and then didn't appear for her meeting which was in the morning. I emailed her twice and received no response. The next day at mid morning I receive an email from her saying that we could talk that next day. Again she never called. This time, I called twice and sent an email but received no response.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help someone?   Answer Question

Spec Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Diageo in December 2013.

It was a pretty straight forward phone screen. The current position interview was pretty short as my resume had been forwarded from my interview a month back. No odd ball questions but just experience about SAP questions. Previous product background with liquids and frozen foods helped with my current interview. The first interview was in December so all in all, it took a month even though the second interviewer came back in a week to hire me. This, of course, doesn't include the 2 week background check, so one can add 3 weeks to the one month from December 2013 interview.

contract position so the pay is low. I took it to gain experience in databases as my old company is moving to a different state.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Diageo in October 2013.

Was contacted by HR for an initial 30 minute phone interview. After that, I received a call the next week asking me to complete 3 online personal assessments, one for maths, one for verbal, and one for some sort of operations test. I went to the interview a couple days later, was met right on time by my first interviewer. Basic questions, tell me about yourself, etc. Why Diageo, etc. Then about 10 minutes later, his boss came in and basically conducted the exact same interview over again. Both really nice. Both wanted short, quick answers, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in Diageo in 5 years?   View Answer

Brand Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Diageo in February 2013.

Interview process was great. I had a 1st round phone interview with a Brand Manager and then I moved on to their on-site interviews. It was a two day process where the first night was about getting to know a lot of the ABM and BM you could be potentially working with. This was done via happy hour.

The next day were interviews with a couple managers and a case study. The interviews were very typical. One was more of a technical interview to test your marketing/branding knowledge. The second was mostly about fit and will you work well long-term.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a brand, not one of ours, that connects with its target market. How so?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Diageo in February 2013.

The Recruiter contacted me late January for a 30 minute screening. Another Recruiter contacted me to set up an in person interview with two managers and a phone interview with the director. The interview was pretty casual, questions relating to the job. Took three tests prior to the interview - Personality, Verbal and Technical Tests.