Diageo

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

Human Resources Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Diageo in February 2015.

Both interviewers were very friendly, although one seemed bored during the interview as she didn't participated a lot, as she had already conducted the telephone interview with me. I was told to receive a feedback in a week. After ten days, I sent a message, following up on the status, and got the following reply via email back:

Hi ...,

Yes sorry – we only decided on this week on next plan of actions.

Unfortunately we have decided to go with another candidate that has had extensive experience in the recruiting marketing candidates.

Recruiter name.

I'm not bumped about not getting the role, but pissed about the attitude of people not doing their job well. There is a correct and wrong way of doing things, especially in HR. Diageo is a consumer based company, and kind of pride itself on the importance of consumer happiness. This HR process is not engaging, and very negative. As a consumer, I won't be buying any of their products any time soon.

If I invest time, coming to an interview, the least the company and its employees can do is give a proper feedback.

Ps. this same person sent me an interview confirmation with the wrong date on it. Again, I had to chase her to verify it.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were very standard   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Diageo in June 2013.

Great and accommodating interview process.
    CV and questions/ online tests/ phone interview/ face to face interview.
    A company where you get the feeling they want you to succeed as opposed to trying to catch you out.
    Very quick with each step and a fluid and professional interview process. Little feedback given however.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a Diageo product to a bar manager who is currently using a cheaper product and does not care for vanity and brand loyalty.   View Answer
    Due to the high competition with internships, there was no negotiation. Competitive summer pay and an attractive opportunity was enough.

Human Resources Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Diageo in January 2011.

After submitting my online application, I got a call from recruiter in the next day with generic questions about my experience, my expectations etc. Then got another 2 interviews with line manager and another HR person in the next weeks.

Generally, it was very positive experience as recruiter had a very good follow up and keep me updated with the progress and in every round, interviewers gave me their honest feedback for my performance.

Interview Questions
    • What is your achievement in your current role?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Diageo in January 2011.

Very informal and friendly. Its more like a chat about your life rather then regular question- answer type of interview. Be honest and that should do the trick.

No negotiation

Global Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Diageo in October 2010.

Internal recruiter headhunted me and believed I had all the skills required for the role. I interviewed with a member of the team and a HR rep.

The overall experience was a nightmare as the interviewer was very patronizing and sarcastic. The HR sitting in on the interview found it funny which made me feel very uncomfortable.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Diageo in February 2010.

i had 3 interviews, first one with my line manager, second with his manager, and lastly with HR

Interview Questions
    • none really, fairly standard competency based interview   Answer Question