Diageo Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.1

Team Assistant Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Diageo (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Interesting, a lot of HR questions, not really relating to the position. Interviewed on the 2nd July and I have sent email thank you email to the company for their time, they have failed to respond in either delivery of second stage interview or advising me that they are not taking my application any further. This is not professional at all not to respond to a candidate.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Diageo (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Never had a worse interview process. Had 2x interviews rescheduled and 1x which she completely forgot about. I then had to chase multiple times to get feedback - none got. Then another position came up which I was interested in and when I sent her an email (this was a position I had expressed interest on our phone interview and she said she didnt know much about it but would get back to me) she said that we will begin interview soon and so you can apply for it, even though I already had and we had an initial phone screen regarding this position. DREADFUL!!!

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Diageo.

Interview

Application was done online. The interview was taken at one of the sites with two managers and took about 1 hour. Tips: Be honest and make sure you are aware of the company's core values. Let them know how you can contribute to the company. Be confident. They also ask role related questions so make sure you know all about the company, especially in what concerns to the job you are applying for. Make sure you give lots of examples to illustrate your answers.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us a little bit about yourself - academic and professional experience 2. What are your strengths and weaknesses; 3. Talk about the last time you had to solve a problem - what was it? Actions you take? what was the outcome? 4. Talk about a time where you had to act as a leader. 5. How do you prioritize tasks? 6. How well do you handle pressure? Examples. 7. Why Diageo? 8. What are your thoughts regarding alcoholic drinks?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Diageo (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

The assessment centre included a maths test (very basic % and profit/margin questions), a presentation to present in front of 2 assessors, an interview with 2 (other) assessors and a group assignment. Overall very positive experience, fun but exhausting day.

Interview Questions

• The first question was "walk me through your CV", and from there the interview went according to my answers, no prepared questions. All were about the fit to the company, nothing tricky.   Answer Question

Human Resources Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Diageo (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Both interviewers were very friendly, although one seemed bored during the interview as she didn't participated a lot, as she had already conducted the telephone interview with me. I was told to receive a feedback in a week. After ten days, I sent a message, following up on the status, and got the following reply via email back: Hi ..., Yes sorry – we only decided on this week on next plan of actions. Unfortunately we have decided to go with another candidate that has had extensive experience in the recruiting marketing candidates. Recruiter name. I'm not bumped about not getting the role, but pissed about the attitude of people not doing their job well. There is a correct and wrong way of doing things, especially in HR. Diageo is a consumer based company, and kind of pride itself on the importance of consumer happiness. This HR process is not engaging, and very negative. As a consumer, I won't be buying any of their products any time soon. If I invest time, coming to an interview, the least the company and its employees can do is give a proper feedback. Ps. this same person sent me an interview confirmation with the wrong date on it. Again, I had to chase her to verify it.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were very standard   1 Answer

Commercial Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Diageo (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Chaotic, took ages to get asked to do a video interview and even longer to get offered a place on the second assessment day for the same job, my brother got invited to the one before christmas. Didn't feel they could explain the role or what the progression would be. Didn't get the job, feedback was exactly the same copy and paste email that my brother received. I'm still waiting (100 days later) for the payment of the £100 expenses that Diageo promised. Pretty poor really!

Interview Questions

• Prepare yourself by learning about Johnny Walker Red and Captain Morgans Rum!   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Diageo.

Interview

I applied directly on line and was invited to an assessment day. This was the only stage for the role. On the morning I was presented with two case studies and prepared a presentations - one from a commercial perspective and one from an FP&A perspective. Feedback from the day was not helpful - I was told I presented the case studies well but the FP&A should have been to a non-Financial person.. Then an interview with two Heads of Finance and one HR person. Yet during the interview the Head of Commercial Finance was reading mails from his phone and wasn't paying attention or focusing on the interview. I was told I lacked enthusiasm for the role and company. When I told the HR person of the attitude of the interviewer she was surprised yet nothing was done.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all scenario based and not on my CV or experience.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Diageo.

Interview

Challenging but fun and engaging way of interviewing. Laying your personality across all values and cultural behaviour of Diageo whereby enabling a perfect fit for both sides if succesfull. End stages with assessment centres are very professional and challenging, really gets the best out of you.

Interview Questions

• How you would take on certain business cases   1 Answer

Negotiation

Diageo values consistency in offers for Graduates, which I think is very wise

International Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Diageo (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Having applied for an international BDM role with Diageo they first called me spontaneously during working hours and for obvious reasons I couldn’t discuss with them on the phone this opportunity in the presence of my boss who was sitting next to me. Thus they promised to call me back the following Monday at 12:00, which they missed to do. Instead someone else from HR called me a few days later again during working hours, even though I specifically asked them not to call me spontaneously at the workplace. As my boss was sitting next to me, I couldn’t attend this call either and we agreed that they’d call me back during my lunch break the same day, which again just didn’t happen. I then mailed them and proposed a call the following day at 3:00pm, which the HR person agreed to. Having learnt from my previous experiences I was somewhat worried that they’ll miss to call me again in the agreed time and I briefly enquired two hours before the call, whether they’ll indeed call me. They confirmed that our call will take place as planned, but they missed to call me again. After some investigation I managed to find out about the phone number of the HR person. I called her that same afternoon and we’ve finally managed to have a proper conversation. She briefly explained me about the role without going into the details and said that a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager would take place the following week. As I couldn’t take a day off on such a short notice, I asked whether my interview could take place any time the week after, which proposal of mine got promptly refused, as apparently the hiring manager could attend the interview only on that particular day and no later dates would suit her. My only remaining option was to agree to a Skype call which I could only attend in a nearby cafe during my lunch break, close to the place where I work. The interview took place in a most inconvenient environment, while a baby was crying and people were chatting loudly. The hiring manager briefly explained that the position is a global role and after a brief introduction she asked me about my market entry strategy in a sub-saharan country (essentially a country on which no market research data is available and which country has no history of consumption of the entire product category). After the call the hiring manager said that within three weeks they’d revert to me. Since this didn’t happen I tried to follow up on the process and contacted HR only to be told that the hiring manager had been on holiday and she’d revert to me upon her return. I’ve waited for another two weeks and approached the hiring manager who let me know that now the HR person in charge was on annual leave, but she’d revert to me upon her return. Since I haven’t heard back from them for nearly another month I sent several enquiries to the HR person whom I’d talked to earlier, but apparently she’d moved into another role and ignored all my enquiries in an elegant manner. After this a few more weeks passed, when I finally received a brief email saying that my application hasn’t been successful without giving any specific explanation. In my view the whole process was managed in a very unprofessional and ignorant way and I found the way the interview had been conducted similarly unfair. It was probably one of my worst experiences ever.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Diageo in November 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was done via e-mail. I then undertook a lengthy online aptitude and personality test. After that face to face interview with 3 panelists and a call came back 2 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical - IFRS related on business acquisition   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy, the offer was reasonable but got a slight upward adjustment