Diageo

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Planning & Reporting Manager Interview

Financial Planning & Reporting Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Diageo in November 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication was done via e-mail. I then undertook a lengthy online aptitude and personality test. After that face to face interview with 3 panelists and a call came back 2 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Question – Mostly technical - IFRS related on business acquisition   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy, the offer was reasonable but got a slight upward adjustment

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Diageo in June 2013.

Interview Details – Great and accommodating interview process.
CV and questions/ online tests/ phone interview/ face to face interview.
A company where you get the feeling they want you to succeed as opposed to trying to catch you out.
Very quick with each step and a fluid and professional interview process. Little feedback given however.

Interview Question – How would you sell a Diageo product to a bar manager who is currently using a cheaper product and does not care for vanity and brand loyalty.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Due to the high competition with internships, there was no negotiation. Competitive summer pay and an attractive opportunity was enough.

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Diageo in February 2010.

Interview Details – i had 3 interviews, first one with my line manager, second with his manager, and lastly with HR

Interview Question – none really, fairly standard competency based interview   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Diageo in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very informal and friendly. Its more like a chat about your life rather then regular question- answer type of interview. Be honest and that should do the trick.

Interview Question – No difficult or technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Global Information Security Analyst Interview

Global Information Security Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Diageo in October 2010.

Interview Details – Internal recruiter headhunted me and believed I had all the skills required for the role. I interviewed with a member of the team and a HR rep.

The overall experience was a nightmare as the interviewer was very patronizing and sarcastic. The HR sitting in on the interview found it funny which made me feel very uncomfortable.

Interview Question – How do you network XYZ offices together?   Answer Question

Human Resources Position Interview

Human Resources Position
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Diageo in January 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting my online application, I got a call from recruiter in the next day with generic questions about my experience, my expectations etc. Then got another 2 interviews with line manager and another HR person in the next weeks.

Generally, it was very positive experience as recruiter had a very good follow up and keep me updated with the progress and in every round, interviewers gave me their honest feedback for my performance.

Interview Question – What is your achievement in your current role?   View Answer

Worked for Diageo? Contribute to the Community!