Diageo

Updated Feb 24, 2015

3.1

Human Resources Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Diageo in February 2015.

Both interviewers were very friendly, although one seemed bored during the interview as she didn't participated a lot, as she had already conducted the telephone interview with me. I was told to receive a feedback in a week. After ten days, I sent a message, following up on the status, and got the following reply via email back:

Hi ...,

Yes sorry – we only decided on this week on next plan of actions.

Unfortunately we have decided to go with another candidate that has had extensive experience in the recruiting marketing candidates.

Recruiter name.

I'm not bumped about not getting the role, but pissed about the attitude of people not doing their job well. There is a correct and wrong way of doing things, especially in HR. Diageo is a consumer based company, and kind of pride itself on the importance of consumer happiness. This HR process is not engaging, and very negative. As a consumer, I won't be buying any of their products any time soon.

If I invest time, coming to an interview, the least the company and its employees can do is give a proper feedback.

Ps. this same person sent me an interview confirmation with the wrong date on it. Again, I had to chase her to verify it.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were very standard   View Answer

Commercial Finance Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Diageo.

I applied directly on line and was invited to an assessment day. This was the only stage for the role. On the morning I was presented with two case studies and prepared a presentations - one from a commercial perspective and one from an FP&A perspective. Feedback from the day was not helpful - I was told I presented the case studies well but the FP&A should have been to a non-Financial person.. Then an interview with two Heads of Finance and one HR person. Yet during the interview the Head of Commercial Finance was reading mails from his phone and wasn't paying attention or focusing on the interview. I was told I lacked enthusiasm for the role and company. When I told the HR person of the attitude of the interviewer she was surprised yet nothing was done.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all scenario based and not on my CV or experience.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Diageo.

Challenging but fun and engaging way of interviewing. Laying your personality across all values and cultural behaviour of Diageo whereby enabling a perfect fit for both sides if succesfull. End stages with assessment centres are very professional and challenging, really gets the best out of you.

Interview Questions
    • How you would take on certain business cases   View Answer
    Diageo values consistency in offers for Graduates, which I think is very wise

Financial Planning & Reporting Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Diageo in November 2013.

Initial communication was done via e-mail. I then undertook a lengthy online aptitude and personality test. After that face to face interview with 3 panelists and a call came back 2 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly technical - IFRS related on business acquisition   Answer Question
    Easy, the offer was reasonable but got a slight upward adjustment

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Diageo in June 2013.

Great and accommodating interview process.
    CV and questions/ online tests/ phone interview/ face to face interview.
    A company where you get the feeling they want you to succeed as opposed to trying to catch you out.
    Very quick with each step and a fluid and professional interview process. Little feedback given however.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a Diageo product to a bar manager who is currently using a cheaper product and does not care for vanity and brand loyalty.   View Answer
    Due to the high competition with internships, there was no negotiation. Competitive summer pay and an attractive opportunity was enough.

Human Resources Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Diageo in January 2011.

After submitting my online application, I got a call from recruiter in the next day with generic questions about my experience, my expectations etc. Then got another 2 interviews with line manager and another HR person in the next weeks.

Generally, it was very positive experience as recruiter had a very good follow up and keep me updated with the progress and in every round, interviewers gave me their honest feedback for my performance.

Interview Questions
    • What is your achievement in your current role?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Diageo in January 2011.

Very informal and friendly. Its more like a chat about your life rather then regular question- answer type of interview. Be honest and that should do the trick.

No negotiation

Global Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Diageo in October 2010.

Internal recruiter headhunted me and believed I had all the skills required for the role. I interviewed with a member of the team and a HR rep.

The overall experience was a nightmare as the interviewer was very patronizing and sarcastic. The HR sitting in on the interview found it funny which made me feel very uncomfortable.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Diageo in February 2010.

i had 3 interviews, first one with my line manager, second with his manager, and lastly with HR

Interview Questions
    • none really, fairly standard competency based interview   Answer Question