DialAmerica Call Center Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DialAmerica (Westlake, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Had to complete a series of tasks on computer, such as writing down caller's info, looking up and copying magazine codes, simple vocab and math problems, etc. Was asked about my experience and a few other questions. Had to read part of the script for selling magazines. Overall the interview was not that professional; the manager was rather rude to her employees and I had to wait a long time while she completed other tasks. However the interview was not that difficult, I was just nervous and didn't do as well as I could have.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was being abrasive or rude to you?   Answer Question
  • How would you improve at your job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DialAmerica

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DialAmerica (El Paso, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Put in an application online. Someone called me a few days later for a phone interview. I was told to come in the next day for an in-person interview. Before I spoke to the manager, I had to take an assessment on the computer to test basic math skills. Got called the next day for the job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DialAmerica (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very easy....the recruiting nanager is extremely friendly....the whole process lasts about 45 minutes....i am looking forward to being employed with Dial America...the benefits seem to be worth working there and the flexibility of schedules is great especially working a full-time job....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Work schedule

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DialAmerica (Knoxville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application at 8am, got a call back at noon later that day. We scheduled my interview for the following day. I went to my interview, where they had me do a (prerecorded) practice call to check how I collected info and put it in the correct areas. Then I had the face to face interview with the director. We spoke about my availability and which program I'd be placed in, then immediately went into my second interview and scheduled when I would start training.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in sales? And if so, how much experience?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel that you're comfortable working in a call center environment?   Answer Question
    • On the spot sales pitch. (The man who gave me my interview asked me to sell him the pen on his desk   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DialAmerica (Knoxville, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call within days. Came in for some basic paperwork, a computerized assessment, and a first interview a day or two later. Did the second interview only one day later, finished hiring paperwork later the same day, then started training two days later. They didn't even wait for my background check to clear before training started.

Interview Questions

• The computerized assessment caught me off-guard, but was fairly easy. It tests your ability to perform voice-to-type data entry.   Answer Question

Call Center Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DialAmerica in September 2014.

Interview

it took only 3-4 days to land a job with dial america after they read my online application and resume. I accepted the job, it is okay if you don't have call center experience but if you have experience in a related field then it is also a plus.

Negotiation

They explained the pay rate and the incentives, I was happy with that.

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DialAmerica (Mahwah, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

Upon arriving for the interview, I was asked to take a computer test to assess listing, comprehension, and math skills. The test lasted approx. 20 minutes and consisted of reading or listening to customers and entering in requested info, word comprehension, and math problems like multiplication, division, and percentages. After that was asked to complete 3 forms then interviewer came back to ask typical questions. Pleasant interviewer and environment and pre-interview instructions were clear and concise!

Interview Questions

• "How do you measure success in goals set for yourself" and "How would you handle an irate customer"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DialAmerica (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied and received call about coming in for an interview. Interview was easy. Did a computer assessment and was asked a few questions. A couple of days later got a job offer. High attrition rate.

Negotiation

$10 per hour, $8.00 during the one week training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DialAmerica (Mahwah, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

I sent my résumé online. The next day received a phone call about the position. Had a 30 minute conversation about the job, requirements, and reliability. Scheduled me for a interview the following day. Attended interview and took a 10 minute computer skills test. Next interviewed with a manager. Immediately after interviewed with second manager. Both young and friendly. Easy interviews laid back. I am overqualified for this position so it involved talking about my current employment and why I was leaving. Never read any scripts or No mock phone calls. Was offered the job on the spot. They had a mandatory training class starting the following day so I was somewhat lucky. No waiting around for phone calls. I am aware this is a easy job to get, and the pay is low. Possibilities here. Plus good for your résumé working on a account for Verizon Wireless. Training is good and learned another proprietary software program. Background check, and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to DialAmerica, and how can you help the company with your past experience?

Why do you want to leave your current position, and is the pay significant enough for your budget?

1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Hourly wage plus uncapped commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DialAmerica (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Applied online, got called in for an interview, took a very short test there and a simulated call (very easy), read a script to the interviewer and I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• None all were easy, hardest part was finding the location lol   Answer Question