DialAmerica Customer Service Agent Interview Questions

1.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at DialAmerica.

Applied online. Application was very simple and straight-forward. A recruiter contacted me had phone interview for 15min..and then told me the great things offered by the company, the shift flexibility, 35hrs a week, family atmosphere, inbound servicing calls with the siriusxm radio subscribers, incentives and direct deposit. Scheduled an interview for the next day, took computer test and filled out a background check authorization form then interview started with everything the job was about which was NOT what I had applied for or what was told to me over the phone. Hours could be 18-30hrs, $8hr with "incentives" which wasn't really explained in detail, was OUTBOUND sales agents they were looking for...which again was not what the ad stated. I had extensive previous experience with sales/calls and outbound work so I was still willing to work and would have taken the position but throughout the whole interview I felt like she was telling me everything that would make someone not want to work there or run out the door. I understood her position and the probable high turnover rate but the fact I had the experience and knew what kind of job it was and was basically saying hire me she told me to go home and think about 3 things can I be on time at least for 2wks, how far I have to drive and now I forgot the third but I said can I just tell you now hoping she'd offer me a job but she said no,just go home and call me in the morning, but she was nice and went ahead and showed me around office and wanted the manager to talk to me and said no offer can be made until he talks to you but he told her he was busy...nice to have appts for interviewers and he's too busy. Anyway, I went home and started thinking how bizarre the whole interview went and basically felt worse than before I went, just knowing she basically wanted me to call her the next day begging for this job and the fact that the manager knew there were applicants outside waiting but was to busy even tho she wanted him to see me, all for a min wage p.t. job
that offered nothing but stress. Needless to say, I decided not to call her and wished more companies allowed me to call them with my answer. I used to make 50K year great desk job, recession came now broke and I have had to resort to this, well I decided not to on this one.

Interview Questions
  • There are all kinds of full time jobs out there why do you want to work here?   View Answer

I had to call and beg for the job besides basically begging while I was there...for $8hr. bad interviewer but nice lady

Other Interview Reviews for DialAmerica

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairlawn, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairlawn, OH

I applied online - interviewed at DialAmerica in January 2013.

I applied online and sent my resume they called me the next day for an interview that was on the following day. they asked me basic employmeny questions and made me read a script to see if i was qualifed for the job. they called me an hour after the interview and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • they were all easy just basic interview questions   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Port Richey, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Port Richey, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at DialAmerica in November 2010.

Pretty simple I was asked to read a script and if you can read they'll hire you, and somewhat train you, you get more training from core agents than some of the Team Leaders that will tell you "That was a good sale, but we have some things to work on. Not to mention it's always the way you said it, they can do better.

Interview Questions
    • From my interviewer, How do you feel about reading this 75-100 times a day?   View Answer
    There is no negotiating your sales ability writes your paycheck.

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at DialAmerica in October 2011.

I had a phone interview first, then it took me about a month to get in for a face-to-face interview.

In the face-to-face interview, the questions asked threw me off gaurd. She asked me if i had applied anywhere else and where i applied. is that appropriate?

Interview Questions
    • Have you applied anywhere else and where?   View Answer
    • Name a time when you sacrificed for the company you work/worked for.   View Answer

Worked for DialAmerica? Contribute to the Community!