DialAmerica Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

1.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DialAmerica.

Interview

It is very simple. They are always looking to hire anyone who can meet minimum criteria of able to put few sentences together, and has a good personality. Basically, you have to be terrible to be rejected. A recruiter called me after viewing my resume on a job site. Though I had no work experience, she said that they would be able to train me if hired. There was a phone-screening interview for 10 minutes, after which I was called to the office for a face-to-face interview. The staff were very friendly, and the recruiter showed me around the building, and gave me time to ask my own questions. Overall, I was made to feel comfortable with the whole process.

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DialAmerica.

Interview

I did an application online , got an email saying to call to talk about the position. I got a call 2 days later did a phone interview. She asked 3 questions then I was told they have to review other applications and she will call back. So I have a feeling I didnt get it because I have no customers job history.

Interview Questions

• We have shifts from 8am to 11pm what is best time for you to come in   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DialAmerica (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call two days later, where I was asked a few generic phone interview questions and scheduled my in-person interview. Had my in-person interview one day after getting a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for DialAmerica?   1 Answer

Work schedule not flexible enough. Had to have seven day, all day availability. Also, pay is not as good as other local call centers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DialAmerica (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Process took 4 days. I applied on Saturday and received a phone call Monday Morning for an interview that would be the following day. Preliminary interview was done on the phone common questions like Do you have customer service experience? Are you available to work 5 days a week which include one day on the weekend? That was all nothing hard. When you get there you fill out paperwork and take a short test that test you typing, listening and basic math skills. If you pass that you go to another interview that is short and sweet basically saying the same thing that was said from the phone interview. The last step is interviewing with a manager. If really was more like a show and tell because they show you around the office and then tell you the companies that they serve. Then they just get to know you. and then they hire you on the spot. A person before me was escorted to the front and the manager slid the receptionist the paperwork and gave a nod and the candidate walked out of the door. So I believe that was a bad sign.

Interview Questions

• Do you have customer service experience? Are you available to work 5 days a week which include one day on the weekend? Is the salary + commission reasonable? Skills Test: If I need 25% more ppl to work during the day and currently there are 473 agent that work this time, how many agents will be working total after the 25% increase?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DialAmerica (North Charleston, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

Went in for an interview. First completed a basic computerized test and then signed some paper. I waited until a manager called me UB the back and she was very nice. Only ask a few questions and explained the job details and hours given. Said I did good on the test and ask if I had any questions or concerns. The interview ended and she said they will let people know if they got selected within a week and I could call up and check on the status of my app. Its just a waiting game from here in out to see if I got hired.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DialAmerica (Charleston, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online. 2 days later received an email to give them a call. The phone interview were questions about your customer service experienced. Next, is a interview in person and assessment. I don't know if I have a job bc I have to go in for 2nd interview

Interview Questions

• How many years do you have in customer service   1 Answer
    • Are you able to work between 7-11??   1 Answer

Licensed Insurance Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at DialAmerica (Greenville, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

Human resources for this company is completely out of touch with reality. Did online application went through all their personality profile came in did their little thing on the computer and talked with the hiring manager, everything went very well. I already had an insurance license several years in customer service it all lined up fine. It all came down to the background check . The ONLY THING in my past is a misdemeanor DUI from 28 years ago. Absolutely nothing else. I have passed several other DOT background checks in my past because I used to be a professional driver ,this has never been an issue. But apparently with this human resources department this job that is barely minimum wage and has nothing to do with driving in any way shape or form this misdemeanor from 28 years ago prevents me from being a good worker for this company. Not a felony not an act of violence a misdemeanor from 28 years ago. Absolutely nothing else on my background check. I write this only to inform other people interested in this company the kind of mentality they would be dealing with.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DialAmerica (Erie, PA).

Interview

Fill out application. They ask you to come in for an interview. You go in and meet with the manager. He tells you if you got the job and schedules you for training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DialAmerica (Erie, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

You will need to fill out some online assessments. Walk-in interviews are available. Walk in, fill out some paperwork, talk to the recruiter once they are free, prove you can read a paragraph out loud. There is some mock computer work to do to make sure you are comfortable with that. It's pretty easy stuff. They hire a lot of people each year so It's a fairly laid back process.

Interview Questions

• Mostly concerned with availability. Some questions about career goals and past experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DialAmerica (Westlake, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Had to complete a series of tasks on computer, such as writing down caller's info, looking up and copying magazine codes, simple vocab and math problems, etc. Was asked about my experience and a few other questions. Had to read part of the script for selling magazines. Overall the interview was not that professional; the manager was rather rude to her employees and I had to wait a long time while she completed other tasks. However the interview was not that difficult, I was just nervous and didn't do as well as I could have.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was being abrasive or rude to you?   Answer Question
    • How would you improve at your job?   1 Answer