DialAmerica

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

1.7

I applied online – interviewed at DialAmerica.

Just about anyone who can talk and is walking through the door can get hired. No really stringent pre -employment testing or experience in sales required. Pleasant front office staff. Quick response to hire after a very brief 20 minute interview. I stress if you have any CRIMINAL past, they do perform a background check. Be forth-coming, if you aren't, they will sooner than rather than later terminate you.

Nothing to negotiate the company tells you the base hourly rate you have no benefits unless you want to pay a ridiculous amount; you begin at $8.00 hourly.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Polite and courteous interviewer. Asked general questions. Nothing rocket science or complicated. This 30 word requirement is silly. It's not a complicated job or interview that needs a lot of words to describe!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DialAmerica.

They ask you the hours you ae available, the programs your interested in. Ask you how long you plan on workin there and how much money you wanna make. Basically if you have a heartbeat and can talk you get a job.

Customer Service Representative-Pittsburgh, PA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online – interviewed at DialAmerica.

First of all, they were late in getting me into my interview. If any candidate were late, you know that would not be tolerated. Secondly, the woman who interviewed me had to make a call to see if she was doing the interview or if someone else was. There was a gentleman there waiting to bring donuts into her that seemed miffed he had to wait for her to do an interview. I had to do a "screening test" before I even went into the interview (even though they supposedly offer two weeks training). I have over 15 years of administrative assistance and was told (there is NO indication of this in the ad) that the pay rate is $8.00/hour!! To work as a customer service representative, I believe, requires a lot of skill. That pay rate is BARELY above minimum. That is absolutely horrendous. I should've just walked out. There are .25 cent incremental "raises" but really to make any money you need to purchase (surprise, surprise) a $100 training manual to get your insurance license. First of all, working as an administrative assistant, I can tell you, their organization is awful. Admin 101: You need to know who is coming in for an interview, at what time, and who is conducting the interview. Then, I just received a call today from someone else saying they "received my application." Apparently, no one knows what is going on there and they have no organization. I will say that at least the front desk receptionist was friendly and seemed efficient. And at least was welcoming upon my arrival. The gentleman with the donuts never even said, "hello."

Interview Questions
    • Again, the most unexpected was the deplorable salary. I can understand they don't want to offer $15/hour to someone who may or may not stay with the company, but $8.00 is shameful. If they are going to offer that low of a salary, that needs to be evident in their ad. It was a waste of my time to even come to an interview. I could probably make more than that working in food service.   Answer Question

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DialAmerica in October 2014.

Applied online. Received a call within days. Came in for some basic paperwork, a computerized assessment, and a first interview a day or two later. Did the second interview only one day later, finished hiring paperwork later the same day, then started training two days later. They didn't even wait for my background check to clear before training started.

Interview Questions
    • The computerized assessment caught me off-guard, but was fairly easy. It tests your ability to perform voice-to-type data entry.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied online – interviewed at DialAmerica.

I think they say everyone is qualified because there is not much brain work to be a marketing specialist, but they can help you get the experience you need to move on to a better paying job.

Interview Questions
    • Do you really want this job? The pay is not much, but the experience can be worth it.   Answer Question

Call Center Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DialAmerica in September 2014.

it took only 3-4 days to land a job with dial america after they read my online application and resume. I accepted the job, it is okay if you don't have call center experience but if you have experience in a related field then it is also a plus.

They explained the pay rate and the incentives, I was happy with that.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DialAmerica.

walked in tooktests waited for director for an hour direcotr walked me around told me sales were hard byou might make a sale very few days quit negative for a interview and that was basically it

none

Sales Agent Interview

I got called a day after submitting my application. The interview was quick and simple I did like a preview of how things would go on the floor on a computer. I went in to talk to one of the hiring managers and she said she would call me. I'm not really sure if I got the job or not yet..

Interview Questions
    • She just ask did I have any experience and we talked about my last job ii had.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DialAmerica in July 2014.

The interview process is at first a computer test to see if you can type information in while listening to it through a headset. Next you will fill out paperwork. Lastly you will have a face to face interview where the agent of the company will tell you to call in 24 hours to tell them if you would like the job or not. I believe they use this time to do the background check. Then you will have a second (collective hiring approval process) interview. Then at that time you may be hired.

Interview Questions
    • They want to know your top three reasons for working.   View Answer
    No negotiating. But if you are not a felon they pretty much will hire anyone. That is what I perceived while in there, and perception is reality.