DialAmerica

Relevance Date Difficulty

SiriusXM Agent Interview

SiriusXM Agent

Interviewed at DialAmerica

Interview Details – Applied online. Completed an assessment. Met with company for an interview and was offered a position a day later.

Interview Question – Sales background.   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DialAmerica in September 2013.

Interview Details – 1. I submitted my application
2. I received a phone call and answered a couple of questions
3. I was scheduled for an interview
4. I arrived for my interview
5. I took a job preview that basically asked me if I knew how to count or recall information
6. I went in for my interview and the recruiter asked me the same questions I was asked over the phone
7. I was asked to read a script
8. She told me I would receive a phone call by Friday to let everyone know if they were selected.
9. I received my call by Friday confirming my spot in the training class
10. I started Monday evening

Interview Question – What schedule works best for you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Call Center Agent Interview

Call Center Agent
Mahwah, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at DialAmerica in January 2014.

Interview Details – I sent my résumé online. The next day received a phone call about the position. Had a 30 minute conversation about the job, requirements, and reliability. Scheduled me for a interview the following day. Attended interview and took a 10 minute computer skills test. Next interviewed with a manager. Immediately after interviewed with second manager. Both young and friendly. Easy interviews laid back. I am overqualified for this position so it involved talking about my current employment and why I was leaving. Never read any scripts or No mock phone calls. Was offered the job on the spot. They had a mandatory training class starting the following day so I was somewhat lucky. No waiting around for phone calls. I am aware this is a easy job to get, and the pay is low. Possibilities here. Plus good for your résumé working on a account for Verizon Wireless. Training is good and learned another proprietary software program. Background check, and drug test.

Interview Question – What attracted you to DialAmerica, and how can you help the company with your past experience?

Why do you want to leave your current position, and is the pay significant enough for your budget?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. Hourly wage plus uncapped commission.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Johnson City, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DialAmerica in March 2013.

Interview Details – They contacted me a day after I submitted the application, and the next day I had an interview. The interview was interesting because they gave me a script which I had to pretend the interviewer was the customer and I had to read the script accordingly

Interview Question – I didn't come across any   Answer Question

Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at DialAmerica in May 2013.

Interview Details – As to be expected. They act formal but they will hire anyone with a pulse.

Interview Question – The most laughable one is do you look at this as a long term job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They pay everyone the same crappy pay as a starting agent regardless of experience.

Telephone Representative Interview

Telephone Representative
Johnson City, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DialAmerica in August 2013.

Interview Details – go in and take computer test then first interview and if they want you they will set up second interview

Interview Question – your best work quaility   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Sales Agent
Johnson City, TN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DialAmerica in July 2013.

Interview Details – 3 part interview:
   1. Phone Call - They will call and tell you to come in for an interview. THIS IS ALSO AN INTERVIEW. They are looking for people who communicate well on the phone. They will ask you a few questions about previous employers and/or education. However, this is only to get you talking.
   2. Arrival for Interview - When you arrive on location for your interview, you will be let in and told to take a seat by a receptionist. THIS IS ALSO AN INTERVIEW. Your attire, demeanor, communication with the receptionist, as well as what you do while you wait are all being evaluated by the receptionist. She will then tell the interviewer what she has found before calling you back.
   3. The Interview - This is a fairly standard interview. Simple questions about your history. A couple questions of the "hardest/most rewarding thing you had to do" type. No right or wrong answers as long as you are communicating complete thoughts and ideas in an effective and efficient manner.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. All were simple and exactly what you would expect. They simply look for effective and efficient communication.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Williamsville, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DialAmerica.

Interview Details – DialAmerica staff was amazing. They were friendly, prompt, there was little to no wait, everyone walking by stopped and introduced themselves. The interview process itself was quick and painless, they suck you in with all the great things offered by the company, the shift flexibilty and then BAM! they tell you what your wage will be and it makes you want to put your tail between your legs and run away. Now mind you, the wages are better than minimum but for someone like myself with experience in this field is almost like a slap in the face. Needless to say, I did not except the job although even with the pay cut I would of taken I did consider But I was offered a job elsewhere and accepted that.

Interview Question – How do you feel about the wages?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was offered a job somewhere else with higher pay.

Westlake, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DialAmerica.

Interview Details – Applied online for the Westlake, OH location. Application was very simple and straight-forward. A recruiter contacted me within 2 hours of me completing the application. The bad vibes started then. The whole conversation over the phone was very scripted on their side. Scheduled an interview for the next day. Despite reading terrible reviews on Indeed and GlassDoor, I went anyway, figuring that few extra, easy bucks in my pocket couldn't hurt.

I hate telemarketers but appreciate anyone who has an honest job and the balls to cold call people. While I was put off by the job itself, I was willing to do if because it would be a short-term, cash in my pocket type of job for me.

The kicker came when the interviewer told me that they call people on the Do Not Call list as "charities, nonprofits, and government are exempt from abiding by the Do Not Call list." So gross.

Job pays 8/hr, a whole 5 cents above minimum wage. Despite my prodding, the interviewer couldn't or wouldn't how the "incentive" system works. If I'm be considering for a job that pays commission, it's common sense for me to ask how that commission scale works, right?

A very easy and short interview. No tough questions. Ends with you having to read a script.

Oh. I forgot. Before your interview you have to take a test on the computer. Put on nasty headphones, listen to an example of a customer giving you their info, and typing it into the appropriate box. Very easy. Took about 10 minutes to get through all the tests.

Interview Question – Typical questions. Describe a challenge, blah blah blah. They asked me to go through my resume point by point, which took of most of the interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Sketchy job, shady practices in calling people on the Do Not Call list, interviewer couldn't/wouldn't explain the commission scale, bad vibes.

Williamsville, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DialAmerica in December 2013.

Interview Details – got a call for an interview pretty fast. you have to take a small test of basic knowledge, use of a calculator, customer service, and easy answers

Interview Question – why would you be a good fit for this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there are 2 shifts to choose from9-2 or 5-10. must work 5 days

Interviews for Top Jobs at DialAmerica