DialAmerica

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

1.7

SiriusXM Call Center Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DialAmerica.

Initially I filled out an application and completed a questionaire. The recruiting team reached out to me the day after I filled out my app which was great. I completed an over the phone interview and was asked to come in for an on-site visit. I had an interview with the recruiter then was passed on for a second interview with the branch manager. The recruiter took me on a site tour and offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say there were any "difficult" questions. I was just honest about my past and experience.   Answer Question

SiriusXM Agent Interview

Applied online. Completed an assessment. Met with company for an interview and was offered a position a day later.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at DialAmerica in February 2014.

Was called right after I submitted the application and then hired 2 days later interview was very easy had to take a test online to answer questions and to see how well you would handle customers over the phone.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DialAmerica.

DialAmerica staff was amazing. They were friendly, prompt, there was little to no wait, everyone walking by stopped and introduced themselves. The interview process itself was quick and painless, they suck you in with all the great things offered by the company, the shift flexibilty and then BAM! they tell you what your wage will be and it makes you want to put your tail between your legs and run away. Now mind you, the wages are better than minimum but for someone like myself with experience in this field is almost like a slap in the face. Needless to say, I did not except the job although even with the pay cut I would of taken I did consider But I was offered a job elsewhere and accepted that.

Interview Questions

I was offered a job somewhere else with higher pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DialAmerica.

Applied online for the Westlake, OH location. Application was very simple and straight-forward. A recruiter contacted me within 2 hours of me completing the application. The bad vibes started then. The whole conversation over the phone was very scripted on their side. Scheduled an interview for the next day. Despite reading terrible reviews on Indeed and GlassDoor, I went anyway, figuring that few extra, easy bucks in my pocket couldn't hurt.

I hate telemarketers but appreciate anyone who has an honest job and the balls to cold call people. While I was put off by the job itself, I was willing to do if because it would be a short-term, cash in my pocket type of job for me.

The kicker came when the interviewer told me that they call people on the Do Not Call list as "charities, nonprofits, and government are exempt from abiding by the Do Not Call list." So gross.

Job pays 8/hr, a whole 5 cents above minimum wage. Despite my prodding, the interviewer couldn't or wouldn't how the "incentive" system works. If I'm be considering for a job that pays commission, it's common sense for me to ask how that commission scale works, right?

A very easy and short interview. No tough questions. Ends with you having to read a script.

Oh. I forgot. Before your interview you have to take a test on the computer. Put on nasty headphones, listen to an example of a customer giving you their info, and typing it into the appropriate box. Very easy. Took about 10 minutes to get through all the tests.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. Describe a challenge, blah blah blah. They asked me to go through my resume point by point, which took of most of the interview.   Answer Question

Sketchy job, shady practices in calling people on the Do Not Call list, interviewer couldn't/wouldn't explain the commission scale, bad vibes.

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at DialAmerica in January 2014.

I sent my résumé online. The next day received a phone call about the position. Had a 30 minute conversation about the job, requirements, and reliability. Scheduled me for a interview the following day. Attended interview and took a 10 minute computer skills test. Next interviewed with a manager. Immediately after interviewed with second manager. Both young and friendly. Easy interviews laid back. I am overqualified for this position so it involved talking about my current employment and why I was leaving. Never read any scripts or No mock phone calls. Was offered the job on the spot. They had a mandatory training class starting the following day so I was somewhat lucky. No waiting around for phone calls. I am aware this is a easy job to get, and the pay is low. Possibilities here. Plus good for your résumé working on a account for Verizon Wireless. Training is good and learned another proprietary software program. Background check, and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • What attracted you to DialAmerica, and how can you help the company with your past experience?

Why do you want to leave your current position, and is the pay significant enough for your budget?
        View Answer
    None. Hourly wage plus uncapped commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DialAmerica in December 2013.

got a call for an interview pretty fast. you have to take a small test of basic knowledge, use of a calculator, customer service, and easy answers

there are 2 shifts to choose from9-2 or 5-10. must work 5 days

Customer Service Representative Interview

After submitting an application, I received an phone call for a phone interview. It was very brief and to the point. Much more convenient than in person, if you be nervous like me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DialAmerica in September 2013.

1. I submitted my application
    2. I received a phone call and answered a couple of questions
    3. I was scheduled for an interview
    4. I arrived for my interview
    5. I took a job preview that basically asked me if I knew how to count or recall information
    6. I went in for my interview and the recruiter asked me the same questions I was asked over the phone
    7. I was asked to read a script
    8. She told me I would receive a phone call by Friday to let everyone know if they were selected.
    9. I received my call by Friday confirming my spot in the training class
    10. I started Monday evening

None

Sales (Selling Credit Card Protection) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DialAmerica in September 2013.

people are sooo friendly they want you to apply online but my computer was down at the time they let me come in and do it their! :)