Dialight Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dialight

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dialight (Farmingdale, NJ).

Interview

Interviewed with HR and 5 other Engineers. Explained the type of experience I had and projects I've worked on in school. Questions branched off from there. Standard Interview. Knowledge of Polymers and Metals Highly recommended. Knowledge of Pro/Engineer Required. A really good skill to have is GD&T, you will be pumping out a lot of drawings.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dialight (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted one month ago by a recruiter from TalentFusion for a position with Dialight. I was told it would be work from home by the recruiter but when someone from Dialight contacted me they asked if I would move to NY (first red flag). I was told I would proceed with a phone interview next. While I was being told they wanted to set up a phone interview for the next four weeks they kept coming up with excuses that the President of the company had just resigned and the person I needed to interview with was in Europe (second red flag). If a company is thrown into chaos because the president resigns or a interview cannot be set up from Europe after 30 days time...I think the company has bigger problems and would not be a good place to work. After reviewing the employee reviews here and on Indeed.com I decided to decline any further involvement with Dialight.

Interview Questions

• What process have you used for Product Development/Management   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dialight.

Interview

Overall, it was an easy going experience. My interview consisted of talking with four Dialight employees. The first person, and also the person that greeted me in the lobby was the director of human resources. It was the shortest of the four interviews, just small talk really. The second person was an engineer who took a closer look at my resume and talked to me about my skills and projects. The third person was the engineering manager and he really just spoke a lot about the company and what they do, but he also had a few questions concerning my knowledge of the company. The last person I spoke with was the director of engineering. This was probably the most difficult of the four interviews. I did most of the talking, and there were a lot of questions about my life and decisions that led up to why I became a mechanical engineer. He also asked me some engineering questions, general stuff, but keep on your toes! All in all, a very good experience.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roxboro, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dialight (Roxboro, NC) in May 2009.

Interview

Spoke with head hunter first. Then plant manager. Then v.p. operations. Then offered job.

Interview Questions

• There was no particularly difficult question. How deep are the vents for polycarbonate injection mold?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Get vacation time in advance. Make sure your pay will be a salary worth being on for several years. It probably will not increase.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dialight in June 2011.

Interview

Took about an hour and a half for the whole process to be finished.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. Very reasonable offer given.