DialogueDirect Dialoguer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2014

2.0

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Dialoguer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at DialogueDirect.

DD will sell you the job and appear to be legitimate. They act as if they want to hire you versus other applicants but will hire anyone who is outgoing and in decent shape. looks are more important than qualities.

There was none.

Other Interview Reviews for DialogueDirect

Pretty easy.

very quick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at DialogueDirect in October 2010.

The interview process starts with an online application or personal referral. We then interview applicants and based off of their work, education, and leadership experience we invite our top candidates to a second round group interview. In this group style interview we see how people act as members of a team. The time span between the first and second interview is no more than a week in most cases and people generally start within a day or two of the second round group interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you one of our top candidates for this position?   Answer Question

Dialoguer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at DialogueDirect.

It's a three step hiring process- Phone interview, in-person interview, and then an orientation session. The phone interview was brief, asking about marketing experience and the in-person interview was fairly straightforward. I was asked about my knowledge of the company, volunteering, and what I thought I could contribute.

Dialoguer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at DialogueDirect.

They'll literallly call you back in about 2-3 days because people are CONSTANTLY getting let go. If you want to get hired quickly, just apply to this place. I applied online and they literally called me the next day. By the same day I was already in their little office doing an interview.

Interview Questions
    • There is no difficult questions. They just ask you why you should work for them and if anything, they'll ask you to sell something to them to see if you are able to sell sign ups but they'll most likely hire you regardless.   View Answer
    Don't take the job if you have something better because the commission isn't worth it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at DialogueDirect in September 2012.

There's one interview, which is rather easy to get into. Just know what the company does and recognize how crazy-hard the job is. Let them know you have the perseverance of Rocky. Because that's what you'll need. You're going to take a beating.

After that, there's a training meeting. You practice a little there. Then it's your first day. You'll shadow for about the first half or so. Then they let you loose.

Interview Questions
    • The first meeting they'll ask you for your most embarrassing moment or something like that.   View Answer
    There's no negotiation. There's just a set pay schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at DialogueDirect.

You call for an interview or apply online and they call you for an interview in practically no time. The interview process is unique and somewhat challenging, prepare to be a little out of your comfort zone if you're afraid of interacting with people. The interview questions are very thought provoking. They ask you questions related to selling a product, they make you sell something on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this pen, describe the best place on earth and convince me to go there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at DialogueDirect in November 2011.

The phone interview was very brief and easy. The woman interviewing me was very friendly and easy to talk to. The in person interview wasn't quite as enjoyable. The woman interviewing me seemed to be in a bad mood. I'm not sure if this is part of the interview as it is important for a dialoguer to be able to communicate with many different types of people. She didn't seem interested when I tried to tell her about my previous fundraising experiences and my previous experiences working with nonprofits. She just moved on to the next question. The questions weren't difficult, but the interviewer's personality made the interview more difficult than it would have been with a different person.

Dialoguer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at DialogueDirect in May 2012.

Applied online for a canvassing position or in their terms a "Dialoguer" for Dialoguedirect through their website. Contacted two days later on a possible interview within the next week at the location I am interested in. I get another call confirming said interest and the interview was promptly scheduled. I come in for my interview but I am with another person who is also interested. We were seated in a small office with pictures of different children and leaders. Motivational quotes were surrounding us as well. Three team leaders were present and the second in command gave a speech about the organization and what we will be possibly be doing. One of the main sticking points was to ultimately get at least three sign ups a day. Comprehensive training is given to new hires but after that, you are on your own. Failure to get a person to become a donor means you get canned. Afterwards, we both were given surveys to solicit people on the streets and we were tested on how we interacted with people. We were given a half an hour to get several of them completed but it got cut short for some reason. After that we went back to the office for one on one interviews. I was called in first for the interview and needless to say it was short. The interviewer who had a distinct accent asked questions that were irrelevant and were seemed to throw me off. *I had some personal problems in the past that I obviously had to explain on the application and I was treated weirdly in the interview. The interview neared the end with a summary of how long this person was in fundraising and that he cannot give me the job. Then I was given a flyer to give to someone who is interested in donating and was told to come back at a later date. At that point I wasn't so sad I didn't get the position but felt my time was literally wasted.*

*Your experience will obviously be different than mine so you most likely wont get treated like this but be aware of any trick questions this person might ask you.

I would not offer the job to someone who is looking for an entry level position coming out of college. The job has the possibility of a high turnover rate and you don't really hear or read it anywhere because I think they want that to be a secret.

Interview Questions
    • Can you sell me this pen?   View Answer
    • What is your favorite city? Can you persuade me on the city?   View Answer

Worked for DialogueDirect? Contribute to the Community!