DialogueDirect

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Alleged Fundraising Interview

Interviewed at DialogueDirect

Interview Details – I received a call from them after having seen my resume online.

Interviewed at DialogueDirect

Interview Details – Pretty easy.

Negotiation Details – very quick.

New York, NY

I interviewed at DialogueDirect in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process starts with an online application or personal referral. We then interview applicants and based off of their work, education, and leadership experience we invite our top candidates to a second round group interview. In this group style interview we see how people act as members of a team. The time span between the first and second interview is no more than a week in most cases and people generally start within a day or two of the second round group interview.

Interview Question – Why are you one of our top candidates for this position?   Answer Question

Assistant City Coordinator Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DialogueDirect in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by jamie Thomas. She was very friendly

Interview Question – about communicating skills   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – because I have to start a master in finance in Italy

Dialouger/Canvasser Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DialogueDirect.

Interview Details – I found the job on craigslist. I responded with my resume and received a phone interview. After the phone interview there was a 1 on 1 interview, fairly basic just try and demonstrate good communication skills and the ability to hold someones attention verbally. then there is a 4 hour training group session.

Interview Question – People tend to be competitive, fun loving, analytical, or compassionate. which best describes you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No time off is allowed in the first 3 months unless negotiated before hiring.

Dialoguer

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DialogueDirect.

Interview Details – It's a three step hiring process- Phone interview, in-person interview, and then an orientation session. The phone interview was brief, asking about marketing experience and the in-person interview was fairly straightforward. I was asked about my knowledge of the company, volunteering, and what I thought I could contribute.

Interview Question – What do you know about global poverty?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Dialoguer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DialogueDirect.

Interview Details – They'll literallly call you back in about 2-3 days because people are CONSTANTLY getting let go. If you want to get hired quickly, just apply to this place. I applied online and they literally called me the next day. By the same day I was already in their little office doing an interview.

Interview Question – There is no difficult questions. They just ask you why you should work for them and if anything, they'll ask you to sell something to them to see if you are able to sell sign ups but they'll most likely hire you regardless.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Don't take the job if you have something better because the commission isn't worth it.

Canvaser Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DialogueDirect in March 2009.

Interview Details – I found the job in craigslist and sent an email. I was contacted via phone a few days later. It was not an interview on the phone as much as it was to schedule an appointment for the interview in the office.

I arrive at the office and the guy running it seemed young and there was reggae music playing. I sat down in a room with about 12 other people and he explained what the job is like and the potential for income. He then interviews us one by one.

Right then and there he told me to come back on Monday. About 3 of the 12 people interviewed were called back.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be good at this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was take the job as is.

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DialogueDirect in September 2012.

Interview Details – There's one interview, which is rather easy to get into. Just know what the company does and recognize how crazy-hard the job is. Let them know you have the perseverance of Rocky. Because that's what you'll need. You're going to take a beating.

After that, there's a training meeting. You practice a little there. Then it's your first day. You'll shadow for about the first half or so. Then they let you loose.

Interview Question – The first meeting they'll ask you for your most embarrassing moment or something like that.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation. There's just a set pay schedule.

Very Easy Interview

Canvasser/Fundraiser Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DialogueDirect.

Interview Details – Very straight forward, asks about prior sales experiences, people skills, and persuasion skills. This company will hire most people if you can maintain basic communication an social skills during the interview (basically not freeze up) as most of this job just involves stopping and talking to strangers.

Interview Question – Unexpected - How easy do you get angry. I realized afterwards it's because the public are VERY mean to canvassers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, they have a very strict (but very fair to employees) hourly + comission pay structure. 10/hr to start, dollar raises after 30 days up to 12 dollars. site-rep 12/hr regardless of longevity at company.Team manager 500/week salary.
They have a very gracious commission pay ladder.
Full benefits, medical, dental, vision, and transit.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for DialogueDirect? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DialogueDirect interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by DialogueDirect employees and interview candidates.