Diamond Management & Technology Consultants

Diamond Management & Technology Consultants Interview Questions

3.5

Summer IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants in January 2011.

The interview was one hour and a half. 45 mins for behavioral one and the other 45 is for case one.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants in October 2010.

I applied online through my university's career center and got an initial interview. There were two components to the interview: 1) a 45-minute behavioral interview and 2) a case/situational interview. The first interviewer was very congenial and personable, but the case interviewer was very cold and did not seem to show much emotion. Both were fairly straightforward, but make sure you prepare for the case study beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Diamond Management?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to pursue consulting?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to tell a team member a difficult message   Answer Question
    • Is there anything in your resume or our conversation that you feel like you would wish to highlight?   Answer Question
    • CASE QUESTION: Congratulations, you have just been selected to help the CEO of a major company manage a project that is behind schedule. The project consists of four identical phases and the total time of the project is 400 days. The project is currently on day 150 and only phase one has been completed. How do you plan to tackle this problem and get your client running on schedule? What day do you think you can complete the project by? How so?   View Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants in June 2010.

1st interview was a phone screen with HR. Second interview was a phone call with a partner that was very conversational. Final round was an onsite interview with three different interviews. One interview was behavioral, another was a conversational consulting case, and the final interviews was a big case presentation.

Interview Questions
    Tried to negotiate on a number of different things but did not get anything. Be happy with what you get.

Manager Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants in April 2010.

I was an expereienced hire candidate. Campus / inexperienced recruits go through a different process. Started with a phone screen with expereinece hire recruiter. Determination made to proceed by recruitrer and then they set up a one-on-one with a senior practitioner (principal or partner) in the industry I had experience. Senior practioner provides feedback to recruiter, where another "go/no-go" decision is made. Next scheduled to come into Chicago office on a Friday for a sequence of interviews to test presentation skills, analytical/problem solving skills, and fitness for available positions. Presentation is a short case study where you need to develop a short deck (5-7 slides) to address proposed approach or solution. You have about an hour to work on it and then present to first interviewer. Second interviewer will do more "what if" discussion to test your problem solving skills, and evaluate your approach (e.g., questions you ask, relating of relevant experience/situations). Finally, the last interview is with a more senior person assessing your fitness for available roles and overall fit into the firm and its culture. Since I beleive I fell short on the last interview, my recommendation is that you just be yourself, and if they don't think you're a good fit, you probably aren't meant to work there.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current profesional services employer and come to Diamond?   View Answer

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants in November 2009.

The interviews on the phone were great. They were basically resume screening, why diamond, what can you bring, salary expectations etc. The in person interviews were behavioral, case study & presentation, and probing/logical reasoning.

The folks seem to be nice but have an attitude problem. They seem to think that they are the only ones who know what to do and how to do it, while rest of the companies out there are nothing. Based on my observation and interactions with entry-level analysts, I can conclude they are brainwashed. Of course, why not because majority of the employees come from Accenture world. I also noticed they lived under fear and were afraid to express their own opinions.

Interview Questions

I want the company that will listen to my opinions and allow me to share ideas. I didn't think it would be possible at Diamond.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants in October 2009.

It would consist of behavioral interview followed by a case study

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants in October 2009.

Interview process was a series of case and personality interviews. nothing too fancy, except not exactly like the average strategy case - more like technology and implementation

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants in August 2009.

initial interview was through a referral. Started with HR phone screen, followed that same week by an phone interview to test functional experience in my specified industry. Lastly, had a 1/2 day on-site final rounds which included a behaviorial interview, a situational interview about one of the consultants' past projects and a case interview. I was sent the case 48 hours in advance to prepare and additional information was provided on-site with an additional 60 minutes to prepare a 3-5 page hand presentation for a partner.

there's no negotiating.

Senior Associate Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants in July 2009.

This was for Experienced Candidates. On-Campus recruiting is similar.

1st step: initial phone screen with recruiter - talked about interest in firm, background, etc.; 30 minutes
    2nd step: phone interview with manager - talked about background, experience, etc.; 30 minutes
    3rd step: 3 part in-office interview - it included detailed case presentation (info was emailed night before), behavioral interview, case presented orally.

Overall the experience was enjoyable. The people I spoke with throughout the process were fantastic and they made the favorable.

Interview Questions
    • Case Interview - basic structure of presenting a basic business problem and looking for the process of answering it, including asking relevant, pointed questions and the process of getting at the answer.   View Answers (3)

Manager Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants in April 2009.

case based interview process. focus is on the intersection of business and technology. along with the case base interview, some personal questions are asked. all case interviews are conducted in a single day with folks at different levels interviewing. response back is fast

Interview Questions
    • how would you design a data architecture given the following business conditions   Answer Question