Diamond Management & Technology Consultants

Diamond Management & Technology Consultants Interview Questions

3.5

Manager Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants in April 2009.

case based interview process. focus is on the intersection of business and technology. along with the case base interview, some personal questions are asked. all case interviews are conducted in a single day with folks at different levels interviewing. response back is fast

Interview Questions
    • how would you design a data architecture given the following business conditions   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants in February 2009.

Two telephone interviews - one HR and another technical. Flown down to Chicago for a full day of interviews - all one-on-one. Consisted of case interviews, one presentation, simulated cases, knowledge of finance, modeling, project management etc. A couple of interviewers were sort of demeaning and almost looked down upon you - either for real or as a pretense to put you under stress.

Interview Questions
    Very little room for negotiation - usually all salaries are standard by role and seniority (save for partners) and you have very little wiggle room.

Summer IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants in January 2011.

The interview was one hour and a half. 45 mins for behavioral one and the other 45 is for case one.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants in October 2010.

I applied online through my university's career center and got an initial interview. There were two components to the interview: 1) a 45-minute behavioral interview and 2) a case/situational interview. The first interviewer was very congenial and personable, but the case interviewer was very cold and did not seem to show much emotion. Both were fairly straightforward, but make sure you prepare for the case study beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Diamond Management?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to pursue consulting?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to tell a team member a difficult message   Answer Question
    • Is there anything in your resume or our conversation that you feel like you would wish to highlight?   Answer Question
    • CASE QUESTION: Congratulations, you have just been selected to help the CEO of a major company manage a project that is behind schedule. The project consists of four identical phases and the total time of the project is 400 days. The project is currently on day 150 and only phase one has been completed. How do you plan to tackle this problem and get your client running on schedule? What day do you think you can complete the project by? How so?   View Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants in May 2008.

I was contacted by the recruiter and performed a 30 minute phone interview. I was then setup to go into the office and meet with other recruiters. I also met with other ops staff.

Interview Questions
    • describe what you know about Diamond as a company.   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where you had to work late because your immediate manger made a big mistake?   Answer Question

Manager Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants in April 2010.

I was an expereienced hire candidate. Campus / inexperienced recruits go through a different process. Started with a phone screen with expereinece hire recruiter. Determination made to proceed by recruitrer and then they set up a one-on-one with a senior practitioner (principal or partner) in the industry I had experience. Senior practioner provides feedback to recruiter, where another "go/no-go" decision is made. Next scheduled to come into Chicago office on a Friday for a sequence of interviews to test presentation skills, analytical/problem solving skills, and fitness for available positions. Presentation is a short case study where you need to develop a short deck (5-7 slides) to address proposed approach or solution. You have about an hour to work on it and then present to first interviewer. Second interviewer will do more "what if" discussion to test your problem solving skills, and evaluate your approach (e.g., questions you ask, relating of relevant experience/situations). Finally, the last interview is with a more senior person assessing your fitness for available roles and overall fit into the firm and its culture. Since I beleive I fell short on the last interview, my recommendation is that you just be yourself, and if they don't think you're a good fit, you probably aren't meant to work there.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current profesional services employer and come to Diamond?   View Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants in June 2010.

1st interview was a phone screen with HR. Second interview was a phone call with a partner that was very conversational. Final round was an onsite interview with three different interviews. One interview was behavioral, another was a conversational consulting case, and the final interviews was a big case presentation.

Interview Questions
    Tried to negotiate on a number of different things but did not get anything. Be happy with what you get.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants in October 2009.

Interview process was a series of case and personality interviews. nothing too fancy, except not exactly like the average strategy case - more like technology and implementation

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants in November 2008.

Diamond seemed like a very nice place. The people were very interested in other places I had been looking, and they attempted to deter me from joining at another firm. They wanted to make me see how their culture and their firm was different. In addition, the case was interesting, and it helped me understand what Diamond actually did.

Interview Questions
    • The case dealt with trying to figure out how a firm could increase ad revenue.   Answer Question

I got an offer at another consulting firm.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants in February 2008.

The day stated at 8am .... I was given 1 hour to prepare for my case presentation. I had 3 interviews - behavioural interview, case interview and presentation to a partner. The interview last about 2 hours. Case interview was tough and they want to see how well you know your industry. The presentation was to test not only your presentation skills but also whether you could come up with a strategy and present it to senior management. Everyone was friendly and put me to ease .... I knew by the end of the interview that this would be a good place to work.

there is no negociation on salary and benefits ... however you can negotiate your start date

Worked for Diamond Management & Technology Consultants? Contribute to the Community!