Diamond Resorts

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.1

Call Center Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Diamond Resorts in January 2015.

They kept me waiting for an hour without letting my interviewer know I was there my interviewer was very nice he read questions off a paper and filled it out as I answered my overall experience was good my interviewer was polite and the employees seemed nice as well my interview was at the riverside office

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any really difficult questions I wasn't asked to read my script though   Answer Question

Tour Reception Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Diamond Resorts in September 2014.

It really wasn't much different then any other interview I had. The first person contacted via phone within a day of applying for the job, and quickly passed me onto the manager of the position I was applying for as my experience was exactly what they were looking for. I got a phone call from the manager of the department a couple days later and was sheduled for an in person interview with him and the lady who currently has the position but was leaving the company. She more sat in the corner taking notes and didn't talk to me, he asked all the questions. None were hard or challenging. Just the normal questions of why this company, where do you see yourself, etc. I passed this interview and was told I would get another call to speak with someone else in HR, which I did. I met this lady a week after the in person interview, in the first managers office at the resort. The interview with her went really well too, she asked more of the same questions that I answered in the first and second interviews. I too passed that interview and that's when she told me that the manager would be the one to pick who gets the position, and he would contact me within a few days. After a few days passed, I attempted to call him back and follow up but he never answered or returned my calls. Over a week and a half later, after that last interview, he finally called and instead offered me a different job then I applied for, as a regular Tour Receptionist. In the interview with him in person, he told me the supervisor starts at $13 a hour, but he offered a job for $11 a hour. I refused and told him that's not what I applied for, and I wasn't interested. That's the job I currently have for another time share company and I get paid more then that. Why would I want to accept less with a different company to do the same job? That's when he said that he was only testing to see if I would accept something else and would call me back with a final answer as to who gets the supervisor position. He never called me back and again, calls to him went unanswered. Yesterday, two weeks since he last contacted me, I get an email saying my application was terminated. Since he didn't even bother answering or returning calls, I felt I didn't got the job anyway so that did not shock me. In closing, with all the hoops I had to jump though, and all the time I put in, only to be offered less of a job, wasn't very professional on their part (Plus they don't return calls), it strongly makes me reconsider seeking them as a employer.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions. All easy run of the mill questions. Why Diamond; How long do you plan to stay with us, where do you see yourself in one year/five years?   Answer Question

They offered me a position that I didn't even apply for, that would be less money and less status then I applied for. I currently work for another time share company, where I was a supervisor, however they brought in a manager to over see tour reception and contracts. They then demoted me to a regular receptionist as they did not feel they needed both a supervisor and manager. I still get paid more at my current company then they offered for that same position so why would I switch to do the same work for a different company for less money? It honestly makes me look at them and ponder if they even thought that though or if they figure anyone would accept a postion with them because of the benefits (Which they kept saying were great but failed to give examples, even when asked).

Project Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Diamond Resorts.

The hiring and interview process can take a fairly long time, but will be worth it in the end. Everyone is very friendly to new team members. You will normally have 2-3 rounds of interviews before being offered the job. Always be sincere in your answers and send a follow up thank you to those you met for their time.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to give specific examples of the type of tasks you will be doing. It is not unusual to have to write an essay if your job involves writing & editing skills, show an example of your designs if you will be working creatively, sample of how to handle a difficult customer if you will be working with clients, etc.   Answer Question

Dispatch Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Diamond Resorts in May 2014.

They interview and screen you on how likable you are to them and if you will fit in. Never heard a manager curse so much during an interview or talk about her personal life like I care.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: You look, mixed are you?   View Answer

Marketing Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Diamond Resorts in May 2014.

Took two hours due to the manager gossiping and then talking about her life, no questions asked.

Non-negotiable

Marketing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Diamond Resorts in October 2013.

I applied for this position on a Monday and got a call back that same night for an interview the next day. I showed up to the interview 30 minutes early because you never know what can happen and it always looks good to the bosses anyways.
    I sat in the waiting area just waiting til I was called into the office. I was very pleased at how everyone was when I was sitting. They had just gotten out for lunch and were very kind. It made me want to work there that much more. Everyone reassured me that I was going to be fine. I along with one other person were called into the Orientation Office where the Manager explained what we would be doing and explaining how the company worked and what our goal was. I immediately got excited. He explained it wouldnt be easy and told us now he will be doing one on one interviews. The actual interview was a breeze. No pressure. He asked basic questions about my resume. Asked why I wanted to work there, How I could benefit the company and last but not least why I should be hired. After that he sent me on my way. The next day he called me back saying I was hired. Did orientation (which you get paid for) and started the following Monday. Been working there and so far I love it. Love the people I work with.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Diamond Resorts.

Some basic questions about why you , why diamond and then the manager described a little bit about the role and ask my experience on my resume and cover letter.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Diamond Resorts in May 2012.

The interview I went through was very simple. I had 1 interview and they asked the basic questions any other job would ask you. How many jobs have you had, what is your strength and weakness, what can you bring to this company. so on and so on

Interview Questions
    • what would you say your worst trait is about yourself   View Answer
    we negotiated about the pay.

Vacation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Diamond Resorts in October 2011.

I made an appointment for an interview, the manager who was suppose to interview me did not show up. This happened 3 times. If you get an appointment for an interview and no one shows up, remember that perseverance pays off, keep making appointments. Don't expect anyone to ever call you back either.

none

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Diamond Resorts in January 2011.

Applied on Monster and heard back about one week later. Had a phone interview and an in person interview a few days later. Asked a lot of marketing related questions, not many personality ones. Got the feeling that the manager had read too many 'interesting interview question' articles. There were a lot of analyst-style questions to see how you thought through problems.

Interview Questions
    • How many other companies are you interviewing with?   View Answer
    • Have you learned any lessons the hard way in your career?   Answer Question
    Yes, if they want you, they do seem to negotiate.