Dick Blick

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pasadena, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dick Blick.

Interview Details – The questions were very basic. Where do you see yourself? Why choose Blick? What kind of art education do you have? Do you have customer service experience? Can you stand on your feet for long periods of time? Can you carry 30lbs?

Interview Question – Most questions were very straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a pay rate and asked when I could come into work

Sales Lead Interview

Sales Lead
Iowa City, IA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Dick Blick in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was conducted by the General Manager. I was called promptly after submitting my job application. GM was friendly and interview was basic. Nothing too crazy, typical job interview.

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of negotiation. I gave my suggested hourly rate and that is what I received.

Savannah, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dick Blick in August 2013.

Interview Details – one interview went well.

Interview Question – no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they just told me what the job entailed I accepted.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dick Blick.

Interview Details – 1 interview, background check.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Blick   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation

Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dick Blick.

Interview Details – The interview was weird. One of the staff members was walking me to the back of the store and told me not to be afraid of the hiring manager because "She's just like that." The manager also brought me into Panera's (next door) for an interview.....which was loud and uncomfortable. After the interview she told me to email her a week later. I did; no response for a few days. I called twice and left a message over the next few days and just never heard back. I also drove more than 2 hours for the interview and she knew that (don't live in Boston in the summer). I thought it was very inconsiderate that she couldn't take the time to write a sentence via email telling me I didn't get the job. It's not that she's slow at replying to emails, because when we were emailing each other before my interview she responded almost the day of or the day after. I was honestly baffled because I had 2 years of experience working in another art store known for its astounding customer service, am a major in the fine arts, and have a clean record save for a speeding ticket. Who knows.

Interview Question – None really. It's only super difficult if you don't have any background in art.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Evanston, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dick Blick in May 2009.

Interview Details – I dropped off an interview application, and about a week later got a phone call. I came in and interviewed with the store manager, who was very friendly. It felt more like a conversation than interview. I mostly talked about how I was familiar with a wide variety of their products, since I am an artist myself. That and having some previous work experience seemed to seal the deal. I was hired on the spot.

Roseville, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dick Blick in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very laid back interview, hiring manager was even wearing jeans. Asked about previous work experience and if you have any arts and crafts experience.

Interview Question – What what the worst part about working at your last job?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dick Blick in June 2011.

Interview Details – Blicks interview was supposed to be a group interview but two other people canceled. The interview was very relaxed and allowed you to shine. The workers there are very outgoing. They perfer the workers to be artist since you'll be helping other artist that enter the store. Havinng retail experience and art school background was a MAJOR plus.

Interview Questions

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dick Blick in September 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was a half of day going over my resume and projects.

Interview Question – I had to do a pre assessment excercise of writing a web Application. The assignment was not that complicated, but time consuming. The project was reviewed and I was provided feed back on what was completed and what was not completed what was implemented and what was not.   Answer Question

Worked for Dick Blick? Contribute to the Community!